Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
...but this kid belongs in JUVI or some other suitably restrictive facility as PUNISHMENT! Lock Maw and Paw up to boot!
Mike I agree with you but I'm sure Australia's equivalent of the ACLU, if they have one, would say something like that might break the precious child's spirit or some other such B***S***. If I had done something like that as a child, my mother would have cut so many switches from our willow tree it probably would have died. Today she would most likely be arrested for the way we were punished as children. Isn't it interesting that as liberal politicians and lawyers have changed parental/school discipline over the years into "child abuse" our children have learned that there are little or no consequences for their behavior or lack thereof. Just recently near here a 7 year old boy used a pencil to stab a girl on their school bus. We can't/don't punish children for bad behavior and then wonder why we have adults with no respect for the law. To paraphrase Robert Heinlein, it would be like having a puppy and never scolding him when he makes a mess in the house. Then one day you find out you have a full grown dog who is not housebroken so you whip out a gun and shoot him.

(Rant over)

CW

10-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #17
Banned

I agree whole heatedly. as I was born in in the mid 80's Im obviously not that old, but I was punished like the 'old days'. and looking back at my current age and understanding, im glad I was. if we look at the natural world, say canines for example we can clearly see that the 'old' method of punishment is well established and works to teach youngsters that when your wrong THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES. now dont get me wrong I think that kid, any kid should be intelligent enough to know that kind of sadistic behaviour is wrong, but if you have to teach them that it wont be tolerated, then so be it... how can one learn otherwise? people nowadays are so goddamn backwards it makes me sick.

(and im a rather liberal, peace loving, anti-war parading atheist)
10-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #18
Veteran Member

this kid is ****ed up
10-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #19
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
this kid is ****ed up
Behaviour like this has long been recognised as an indicator of psychopathic behaviour. Perhaps when he starts feeding his schoolmates to the croc, something will be done.

10-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote

(and im a rather liberal, peace loving, anti-war parading atheist)
lol séamuis, you don't have to be liberal or an atheist to be peace loving and anti-war. I consider myself middle of the road....very liberal on many issues, yet very conservative on others.

CW
10-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The actions of this kid are sick but he is just a by product of the 'modern era' of discipline. (or lack of).

The "modern era" rushes to appease its children at every turn and opportunity, we over indulge and self indulge to astounding levels and then to top it all off "we" de-sensitise our children with a steady diet of violent video games, movies and the evening news.

Discipline is just a joke, society rushes to make rules but then lacks the will & man power to properly police them, thus society lowers its standards time and time again.

Young parents are lost in a barrage of books and experts on how to raise the perfect child, some of them will find a way through it all to make a decent job of it, many others will give up in despair and let the kids run amok, just so long as they dont bother Mum or Dad.
If a parent smacks a child they can now be charged with an offense. The kids know no boundaries because we (society) do not set them.

Am I generalising? maybe, but I also work in the tourism industry and see this on a daily basis, what was once the minority of behaviour is now becoming the norm.

So why is anyone surprised at the actions of this one little sick puppy?, he's got lots of mates out there.

Getting off the soap box now.
10-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #22
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
The actions of this kid are sick but he is just a by product of the 'modern era' of discipline. (or lack of).

The "modern era" rushes to appease its children at every turn and opportunity, we over indulge and self indulge to astounding levels and then to top it all off "we" de-sensitise our children with a steady diet of violent video games, movies and the evening news.

Discipline is just a joke, society rushes to make rules but then lacks the will & man power to properly police them, thus society lowers its standards time and time again.

Young parents are lost in a barrage of books and experts on how to raise the perfect child, some of them will find a way through it all to make a decent job of it, many others will give up in despair and let the kids run amok, just so long as they dont bother Mum or Dad.
If a parent smacks a child they can now be charged with an offense. The kids know no boundaries because we (society) do not set them.

Am I generalising? maybe, but I also work in the tourism industry and see this on a daily basis, what was once the minority of behaviour is now becoming the norm.

So why is anyone surprised at the actions of this one little sick puppy?, he's got lots of mates out there.

Getting off the soap box now.
You know mate, I really don't think this is a discipline issue, the whole thing is very sinister.
He broke in, he was very methodical about what he did, it reads to me like he had a plan. He was on his own so that rules out a game, unless he has an 'imaginary friend', either way, that's not normal child behaviour. All that suggests he's a loner which is a big concern with a child that age.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with this one, there won't be much information because they have to 'protect' the child.

I hope some of you local guys will update this thread if there is any news in the future.

10-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #23
Inactive Account

This kid is a serial killer in the making..Everything he did was planned & methodical..If you looked at a report of the actions without knowing the age of the offender, the conclusion would be that the person was at least in their late teens to early twenties in age..Your first conclusion WOULD NOT be that this was the behavior of a 7 year old boy..

The people living near that child should be fearful of his future actions..His actions sure appear to be sociopathic & or psychopathic in nature..

Bruce
10-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Im not saying bring in corporal punishment ,BUT these days kids have the wood over there guardians parents and teachers etc that its time to wind the clock and dish up some sort of punishment.Just look back 20-30yrs ago kids weren't angels but they knew what happens when you cross the line and if they forgot it would be reminded

cheers
10-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #25
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by baltochef920 Quote
This kid is a serial killer in the making..Everything he did was planned & methodical..If you looked at a report of the actions without knowing the age of the offender, the conclusion would be that the person was at least in their late teens to early twenties in age..Your first conclusion WOULD NOT be that this was the behavior of a 7 year old boy..

The people living near that child should be fearful of his future actions..His actions sure appear to be sociopathic & or psychopathic in nature..

Bruce
But it's not his fault. It's because his mother didn't breast feed him. Or some other such psychobabble. (Yeah, right)
10-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #26
Veteran Member

If it were up to me this kid would have an electronic bracelet and would have to report his where abouts to police everytime he went somewhere.

Then I'd send the bill to his parents.

Throw in some community service for all of them too.

We've had more then enough animal cruelty here lately. I'm over lenient punishments dished out in the name of 'child protection'. As with adults, once the crime is committed, they shouldn't be any rights other than food, clothing and a roof over their heads
10-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #27
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
..............As with adults, once the crime is committed, they shouldn't be any rights other than food, clothing and a roof over their heads
Just to inject a little humour into this thread, it is pretty heavy I hate animal cruelty and psychos. Bet his dad's a Canon shooter.

Kris, your words above sound like the reason your ancestors might have ended up in Australia, talk about history repeating, where are we gonna send people next?
10-04-2008, 05:24 AM   #28
Banned

QuoteQuote:
where are we gonna send people next?
back to Britain?
10-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #29
Inactive Account

I don't think even killing innocent, defenceless animals warrants transporting people to a place of inlement weather, bad food and soccer hooliganism.

Still, if there're any non-expat Poms reading this, I'll give you ten pounds to take your paedophiles back.
10-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I cant believe where youth of today are heading, at least some of them. Locally, police a desperately trying to catch a bunch of school children who stand on a pedestrian overpass and throw huge rocks down at cars passing on a highway underneath..
A man (driver) was killed recently due to this activity.
This is fairly common in South Africa (outside cape town). It's being done ALOT, perhaps one incident a month. Exact same trick, and when the occupants lie in the car next to the road, their belongings are stolen by squatter camp inhabitants.

At leats in your countries, the police are trying to stop it. Here crimes like these are listed on the last page of the paper, and never followed up.

Oh, and our new "human rights" laws prohibits parents from punishing their children. They are the future. That's why so little sympathy is shown when something happens to these "kids".