Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wish I Had Been There - with K10D

A new experience for me, an old (really old) Vandy grad ('72). The 'Dores (19) just knocked off No. 13 Auburn and are now 5-0 and lead the SEC East. While we're reasonably comfortable with this sort of thing in basketball, it's a totally novel feeling in football season.

I would have loved to been at the game, although I don't have a fast long lens that would have been useful. After the game, however, I could've gone down to the river and shot bands in the clubs.

Anyway, all of this is much more fun to think about than hurricanes.

Jer

10-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
Inactive Account

The only things I like better than seeing Auburn get beat is seeing Ohio State or Florida get their butts kicked. Dawgs were off this week so I could be a Vandy fan. LOL

CW
10-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A new experience for me, an old (really old) Vandy grad ('72). The 'Dores (19) just knocked off No. 13 Auburn and are now 5-0 and lead the SEC East. While we're reasonably comfortable with this sort of thing in basketball, it's a totally novel feeling in football season.

I would have loved to been at the game, although I don't have a fast long lens that would have been useful. After the game, however, I could've gone down to the river and shot bands in the clubs.

Jer

Lived in Nashville for about 5 years (1965-1970) and have a soft spot for Vandy.

When was the last time, if ever, that Vandy has been 5-0? I know that it has been many, many years since they were a ranked team.

Ed
10-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Maaaan...I wanted to watch the second half. My wife had other ideas. I'll have to look up the final score now. My Auburn Grad collegue will not be happy on Monday.

Adam
(LSU 1998 & 2002)

10-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote

Jer
If a '72 grad is considered "old, really old", then a '70 grad (me) must be considered ancient. BTW, I'm glad Vandy beat Auburn, as they beat my team (Southern Miss) earlier in the season. I lived in Nashville for 10 months in the mid-70's. Worked as an internal auditor for the Army, and we were auditing the TN National Guard.
10-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Why you young whippersnappers. I am class of 66. One night, when we were not supposed to score at all, Alabama fumbled in the end zone and a Vandy player fell on it (we lost of course). w
We were so excited that everyone went to the airport to meet the team.

Go Vandy!!
10-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jdnaples Quote
Why you young whippersnappers. I am class of 66. One night, when we were not supposed to score at all, Alabama fumbled in the end zone and a Vandy player fell on it (we lost of course). w
We were so excited that everyone went to the airport to meet the team.

Go Vandy!!
They had colleges in '66?

J/K, I actually started in '61, went a couple of years (not a very good student), got drafted in mid-63, got out of service in '67, got married, and went back to school. Much, much better student after marriage.

10-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Wow do I ever feel out of place

I started College in '02 fresh out of highschool
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
If a '72 grad is considered "old, really old", then a '70 grad (me) must be considered ancient. BTW, I'm glad Vandy beat Auburn, as they beat my team (Southern Miss) earlier in the season. I lived in Nashville for 10 months in the mid-70's. Worked as an internal auditor for the Army, and we were auditing the TN National Guard.
Woo Hoo Southern Miss!
While I got my BS at Troy State, I got my MLIS (Master of Library and Information Science) degree at USM in 1995.

Go Eagles!

Heather