Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any Pentaxians in Atlanta, GA? :)

About two months ago I made a move down south from the frozen wilderness of upstate NY. Enjoying the sun and the city, but need to find locals that can show me around in terms of photography My K-1 has been sitting on a shelf for over a month, I'm planning to go take some cityscapes but I'm really missing my outdoor outings. If anyone is up for showing me around here, I'd be forever grateful

04-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

You have mountains and wilderness just an hour north and plenty of nature in every other direction as well.
04-17-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
You have mountains and wilderness just an hour north and plenty of nature in every other direction as well.
Would you mind suggesting a good place to start with? I'm planning to go this weekend.

04-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Don't know specifically what you like and whether you want to hike or camp or just drive around and see some scenery, but right in Atlanta, check the East Palisades Trail. They have cool bamboo forest, among other things.

See this site: https://www.atlantatrails.com for more stuff close to Atlanta.

Plus any of the state parks in the mountains to the north. (And just the mountains in general -- tons of stuff up there, also into South Carolina and North Carolina on the eastern edge of the mountain area -- lots of great parks.) And northwest by the TN border -- Cloudland Canyon, etc, which is a bit farther.

To the south, Roosevelt State Park, among others.

To the west, Tallageda National Forest, among others.

To the east, several state parks and Oconee National Forest.

If you are a cyclist, get on the Silver Comet Trail.

No shortage of places to check out.

Other stuff to look at:

Wander North Georgia | North Georgia Mountains

State Parks & Historic Sites

Look up the hunting season schedules -- certain places get taken over by hunters at times.

04-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Don't know specifically what you like and whether you want to hike or camp or just drive around and see some scenery, but right in Atlanta, check the East Palisades Trail. They have cool bamboo forest, among other things.

See this site: https://www.atlantatrails.com for more stuff close to Atlanta.

Plus any of the state parks in the mountains to the north. (And just the mountains in general -- tons of stuff up there, also into South Carolina and North Carolina on the eastern edge of the mountain area -- lots of great parks.) And northwest by the TN border -- Cloudland Canyon, etc, which is a bit farther.

To the south, Roosevelt State Park, among others.

To the west, Tallageda National Forest, among others.

To the east, several state parks and Oconee National Forest.

If you are a cyclist, get on the Silver Comet Trail.

No shortage of places to check out.

Other stuff to look at:

Wander North Georgia | North Georgia Mountains

State Parks & Historic Sites

Look up the hunting season schedules -- certain places get taken over by hunters at times.
Thank you for taking your time and providing this! I'll pick a spot and go this weekend if weather permits. I like hiking and outdoors, but not looking to camp right now just want to go and take some pictures before I forget how to do it))

04-17-2019, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Georgia - Thrillist
04-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
oh this is perfect! Thank you sir!