Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Where to stay in London (UK) ?

Hi guys,

We'll be on a trip to London UK for a few days at the end of June. We're actually looking to reserve a B&B but are wondering about the location since many are available all around the city. We're actually looking at the areas north of Hyde Park (Paddington) or east of London City. Does it make sense ? Which areas would you recommend for a few nights stay ? And more importantly, which areas would you recommend not to put a toe in ?

As for photography, I still haven't decided if I'll bring the K-3 or the Q7!

Thanks!

6 Days Ago   #2
Pentaxian

Bonjour,

I have visited London numerous times while on business. My most recent stay was several years ago.

Of course, there are countless hotels and B&B options throughout London. You may be aware that prices can be very high, depending on the location, amenities, comfort level, etc.

The hotel that I would recommend is: Premier Inn London County Hall. It is located centrally, next to the London Eye wheel, and a very short walk across a pedestrian bridge to Trafalgar Square, the West End, theatres, museums, Covent Garden, National Gallery, etc. I found the rate to be very good compared to other hotels in the area, and a quick check on Trip Advisor shows that it is highly rated. A number of my employees at the time also chose to stay there during different visits and they were very satisfied with the hotel.

It's not located in either of the areas you mentioned, but it is central and in an enjoyable part of London IMO. Many people would say that this area is the heart of London.

- Craig
6 Days Ago   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you Craig! We’ll look into this.