Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2019, 10:58 AM - 27 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you, Pentax Forums!

A few weeks ago, I clicked all the appropriate buttons and gave PF my support for another year. Why not? It needs funds to be viable, and I enjoy it, so I support it.

But I thought to myself, "that's just too easy." It takes work to run a website – any website – and this one is exceptionally well run. There should be a bit more to my support than clicking the PayPal button. So with this note, I want to add my thanks.

I love this site. It is populated by civil, respectful, thoughtful people interacting with civil, respectful, thoughtful conversations. This alone makes it more than unique.

There is a cosmopolitan substance to Pentax Forums. We are a global cohort and that allows us all to learn and share our experiences and resources on a worldwide platform. And because we are such a civil group, we open our minds to the knowledge that each brings to the table. This serves to make our forum experience broad, deep, and rich.

The knowledge base here is, to me, astonishing. There seems to always someone who has the resources to help. Do you have a question about some 40-year-old lens you bought on E-bay? Are you spreading your wings and need help understanding a new technique? Or perhaps you are just a new guy who wants to venture away from the auto mode. Not to worry, the Pentax Forums membership has your back. Your question will be answered – and without condescension.

Are there arguments and disagreements? Oh, I hope so. There should be. After all, how can learning occur without questions and debate? But these disagreements – er, debates – occur, for the most, with civil, respectful, and thoughtful discourse (familiar words?). And they are great learning opportunities for those of us who aren’t knowledgeable enough to join the discussion.

Of course, all of this does not occur in a vacuum. Adam sets the tone and keeps things running smoothly. But he does not do this alone. There are moderators and contributors and a core of sages who pull all of this together to make and keep this a special place. I am guessing that nothing happens without this group. To all of you, my applause and my thanks.

So thank you, everyone, for allowing me to join you in good fellowship and bonhomie. I look forward to another year at Pentax Forums.

I realize this seems very “lilacs and roses.” I can hear you thinking, “I can’t believe this guy likes everything about PF.” Well, you are right. My tee-shirt design has never been chosen, and that ticks me off.

05-04-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Likewise, that ^ needs more than a like, actually more than a comment, but that's all I've got to give
05-04-2019, 11:14 AM - 1 Like   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What an awesome post, Don.

I offer my thanks in return, to you and all members, for making PF the fantastic resource that it most certainly is. Yes, we have a few bumps and hiccups along the way, but mostly this is a fun, interesting, educational and supportive place to be. It remains one of the key reasons I continue to enjoy shooting with Pentax equipment.

I also believe members get more out PF if they contribute and join in discussions from time to time. On that note, I'd heartily encourage any members sitting quietly in the shadows to get involved. It's even more fun when you do.

And thank you sincerely for your kind words to the team, Don. They're very much appreciated
05-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As you said, it is worth supporting! Glad you feel that way, and thanks for reminding us why we enjoy spending time interacting via the internet with everyone here!

05-05-2019, 02:30 AM - 1 Like   #5

Amen to that - first board I have been on since forever where there is mutual respect
05-05-2019, 03:34 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well Done Sir

@AggieDad... spoken like a Gentleman that you obviously are.

I also find this forum to be a quite unique experience too and I'm glad to be a part of it, although in my case a very small part.
05-05-2019, 08:25 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Thanks for the post. I whole heartedly agree. I have let my $$$ support momentarily lapse but it wasn't without good reason... I will re-up when I can. Lots going on for me so I haven't snapped a picture in a very long time but I am still here.

I definitely agree with the OP... we can get all the meat we want here with a lot less of the 'attitude' (the bad kind) than just about anywhere else on the net.
05-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From one aggie dad to another aggie dad, very well stated. PF is an exceptional site, one of the best on the internet.

Go Aggies