Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
Forum Member

New site and blog, would love feedback

Hi everyone

I have been absent for a while after been made redundant by the city council. So I went into emergency mode trying to find work. Well, Im still looking, but thought I would try a new direction.

I built my first website, dedicated to photo restoration and retouching. I also added a blog to help those just starting out in that direction. The sites have been up and running for about a week now.

Is it a pipe dream to think I can make some form of steady income from this? I have spent thousands of hours in Photoshop pursuing my passion for photography. I thought, why not use your knowledge of Photoshop to try and make a few dollars.

I would appreciate honest feedback and suggestions from a community I have grown to trust.

Photo restoration, photo retouching, photo enhancement and photo editing service, restore old photos

Photo Restoration from MemRestore.

Regards

Peter

10-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Hi Peter, sorry about the redundancy, and from a City Council at that. That surely is an indication that all is not well in the world.

I like you website and you work looks top class IMO. I definitely don't think it is a pipedream.

One thing about your website, the text on the left has the bottom line partially obscured, can't be my monitor.

I will certainly put the word around in my wife's family, they have a long history going back several generations.

I didn't see anything about a discount code for PF forums members.

Good luck with your dream, there is a ring of truth in the old saying "As one door closes, another one opens".
10-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Good luck with your dream, there is a ring of truth in the old saying "As one door closes, another one opens".
I thought it meant you had a draughty house.
10-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

i like the blog a lot. Will keep an eye on it.

10-10-2008, 05:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Peter, ANY dream is worth persuing - Good luck.

I like the design of the web site as well as the colours you chose for the Blog.
A couple of notes, using IE the last line of the English version is cut-off at the bottom. On the Finnish version it is the last paragraph which is cut off at the bottom and also some on the left because of the corner. May I suggest a smaller font by 1 or 2 pts.

Again, good luck
10-10-2008, 07:26 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

For not checking in Internet Explorer.

Thank you all for pointing out the site issues. Especially the IE problems, Jees what a crutz.

The feedback is very positive and I feel a little more confident about the whole thing now. Again, Thank you all.

Peter
10-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

my first reaction, "tacky"

otherwise its pretty good.