Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Camera Bag Next Few Months

I did not really take the time to think this one through...

I am putting most of my belongings in storage for 2-3 months (planning a big move hopefully). Goes without saying that most of my gear is also being tucked away. I had to decide quickly what to keep out of storage...

I kept my K-50 (my best dSLR) with the following glass:

M 28/2.8
K 50/4 Macro
A 50/2.8 Macro
A 100/4 Macro

I tried to stay under K-mount, so all my Takumars and M42s were stored (24mm/28mm/35mm/50mm/55mm/58mm/105mm/135mm/200mm). In K mount, I could have kept a 35mm, 135mm, 200mm. Zooms the kit 18-55 DAL and the Tammy 103A (80-200). It was odd to keep two 50-Macros... I also think I should have kept the kit lens but I just do not use it often.

I just remembered - my F 35-70mm - I should've kept that one!

It is not like the storage unit is far, but I doubt I'll be visiting it often.

It will be an interesting time. Looking at the list, I will be quite slow - at least is summer here. I think mostly I will miss the Takumars. But it will be a good excersice to learn the selected lenses.

PS - I'm also bringing with me my OM-1 with a 35-70 Zuiko (3.8) since I have a roll midway; as well as my Himatic 7 for the same reason.

07-07-2019, 10:20 AM - 2 Likes   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm grateful to not be in your position, Ed - I hope the move goes well, but can't stand the thought of ever having to move again...
07-07-2019, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope you're not to busy to continue using it.

The prospect of moving seems exciting - until you have done it a few times...

Chris
07-07-2019, 01:04 PM - 2 Likes   #4
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris

agreed - I grew up with a father in the US Army, then joined the military myself - once my wife (also raised in the military) & I bought the farm where we live now, we promised to each other that we were done with moving...

07-07-2019, 07:30 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I hope the move goes well, but can't stand the thought of ever having to move again...
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
Thank you both kindly for the encouraging words. This is our second move in 3 years (hopefully our last for years to come). While we are minimalistic in our decor and belongings, it is still a rough process.

I do enjoy the "cleansing" you get from moving (throwing/discarding/donating old stuff no longer needed). But the process is rough.