Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2019, 05:21 AM - 1 Like   #16
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Payment was USPS Money Order. I heard back from the seller. He sent me back half the purchase price via PayPal (no fee) and I’m going to list the dang lens on eBay. Better than me eating $25 shipping to me I already paid and $25 back to the seller, who as you noticed, did not want to try and sell it again. Yeah me. I’m sure it will take forever to sell.

not good enough - he misrepresented the item, period - even after you asked specifically about the mount, he was either wrong or lying to you...

I would not accept half nor would I accept him charging you to ship it back...

07-12-2019, 05:26 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well, the beautiful, more than likely unused Sigma 120-400mm is now live on eBay for $395/best offer including free shipping in the USA. Just hoping I can sell it close to asking price so I don’t lose money on my “educational experience”.

Guess I will have to keep trying to save-up enough Money to buy a used Pentax 150-450 some year since Sigma isn’t making its new Global Vision 100-400 Lens in Pentax Mount.

---------- Post added 07-12-19 at 08:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
not good enough - he misrepresented the item, period - even after you asked specifically about the mount, he was either wrong or lying to you...

I would not accept half nor would I accept him charging you to ship it back...
Definitely fully agree with you in principle. Facebook Marketplace is getting as sketchy as Craigslist. FB only gives buyer protection if you pay through their payment service, which almost nobody, myself included, uses.

The sellers “excuse” is the idiotic rear lens cap Sigma (and Tamron) uses for Pentax/Sigma/Sony mounts. Sigma just marks it SA/PK-R. The lens box has an Amazon style tag which only has Sigma 120-450mm F4.5.5-5.6. The Sigma sticker for which mount was ripped off. I believe the original sale has a rebate involved.

I do feel stupid for not insisting that the seller take a picture of the lens mount and send it in messenger. Lesson learned. Any vague information and I will demand detailed photos (as others have done to me in the past) or no sale.
07-12-2019, 06:45 AM   #18
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Credit card used? That could be enough for a fraud claim.
Also if you used PayPal, you may be able to open a dispute with them to get this settled. (Not if you used the Friends & Family option, however; then you are completely out of luck!)
07-12-2019, 06:58 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You might mention the sale on the Sigma Forum at DPR. I've seen folks do it before.
Your list price is good so you might get someones attention. Good Luck.

07-12-2019, 07:45 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Also if you used PayPal, you may be able to open a dispute with them to get this settled. (Not if you used the Friends & Family option, however; then you are completely out of luck!)
The OP said that he used a USPS money order, so no Paypal protection.

Really it seems to me the only recourse the OP had was to either accept the seller's deal or spend a lot of time hounding him on Facebook and spreading the story around... and that may have accomplished something or nothing at all except wasting a lot of time and spiking his blood pressure.