Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2008, 06:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Amazing Video Footage

Awesome video footage captured by the space shuttle and NASA, accidentally released. Astounding!

UFOs Caught on Film: NASA STS-75 'Tether Incident' Analysis

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-JuFBUS0kiSA/nasa_ufos_sts_75_the_tether_incident/

Last edited by benjikan; 10-10-2008 at 06:27 AM.
10-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know what kind of lenses they use on the optical systems on the shuttle but it is possible thay are using Catadioptric lenses (aka CAT mirror-reflex lenses similar to the Pentax 1000mm and 2000mm reflex lenses). As you know these render out-of-focus specular highlights as doughnuts. The complicated shape of the outside edges of the objects could be due to the design of the lens as well. Small debris floating around the shuttle can move in virtually any direction and would exhibit exactly the visual effects seen in the video.

As for the objects "passing behind" the tether satellite (which at that point had come untethered if it is the one that broke away several years ago) could be the result of sensor overload. Note that there is NO detail in the satellite itself. It is completely blown out. Objects appearing to pass behind could actually be debris with similar reflective ranges passing between the camera and the satellite, while others that clearly pas in-front seem to have different reflective properties.

Not ruling out the UFO theory but these optical effects CAN be explained.

Also, WHY would hundreds of alien spacecraft jeapordize decades of secrecy by a conducting a mass flyby of a very innocuous satellite experiment?

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-10-2008 at 07:30 AM.
10-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Space junk and a light stick. What will they think of next?
10-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Looked like the millenium falcon was flying around!

But seriously, I tend to aggree with riley, why all of a sudden would other species decide to show themselves in such a display?

10-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote

Not ruling out the UFO theory but these optical effects CAN be explained.
I just thought it was dust or something swimming around inside the camera. Or maybe if they took the shuttle over to the swimmming donuts, they'd find an old food tin with the letters "CCCP" on it.

QuoteQuote:
Also, WHY would hundreds of alien spacecraft jeapordize decades of secrecy by a conducting a mass flyby of a very innocuous satellite experiment?
Possibly because they consider us to be little more than slightly less hairy monkeys?

I like to think there's something out there. I mean, at least statistically there's gotta be.

But until the aliens land in the middle of the city, in view of hundreds of people, step down from their craft and sign my X-Files DVDs, I'll remain a tad more sketptical.

Last edited by lithos; 10-12-2008 at 07:36 PM.
10-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

There are an estimated 3-30 million species on our planet, why would we be so arrogant to think that this planet is the only one in the whole universe, which is basically incalculabely large, that could sustain life.
I do believe that there is something out there!
10-13-2008, 01:38 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wendy B perhaps?