Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Any Trekkies out there?

Just wondering.

10-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
What the heck - Yes I'll admit to it - I'm a Trekkie and proud of it.
10-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I watched ST-TOS, but not much of the subsequent series. I saw most of the movies. I own a copy of the Starfleet Technical Manual, signed by the author.

I went to the first stop of the current tour.
Star Trek tour - Digital Camera Resource Page Forums

I'm not a Trekkie, though.

Live long and prosper.
10-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Some would consider me as such. For example, I just got back from a Comic-con were Tim Rush was speaking and enjoyed a screening of Star Trek: Of Gods and Men. I too own several of the technical books and the Klingon Dictionary (don't speak it though). But, I like other Sci-Fi as well. There's a lot about the Star Trek universe to like.

10-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
Damn Brit

I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie but I'm a big fan. I've watched all the series and movies.
10-12-2008, 12:29 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!
10-12-2008, 02:19 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Ka pla

I never wore a Star Fleet uniform tho

10-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #8

I guess I count as one, at least mostly. Have one of the original technical manuals as well, but not signed by anyone.
10-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie but I'm a big fan. I've watched all the series and movies.
Same here.
10-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I must admit that I am somewhat interested in seeing the upcoming J.J. Abrams film if it does indeed tell the story of a much younger Enterprise crew as it embarks on it's mission.

"Computer?"
10-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

"sometimes the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many" no wouldnt say i was a trekkie dont own a uniform but follow it
10-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

NERDS!

j/k! Yes, I have watched the shows and movies since the first syndication runs of TOS. Not a fan of Voyager or Enterprise and to this day can not fathom why Majel allowed Berman & Braga to take over the franchise. And Star Trek: Insurrection - what the heck were they thinking?
10-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw the original series in first run on NBC when I was 7,8 and 9 years old. I hated the cartoon series (anyone remember that?) but that was all we had until "The Motion Picture" came out. I loved TNG, never warmed up to the others, but I recently discovered Star Trek: Enterprise with Scott Bakula.... darn, I really liked those, good stories, TOS like action, and some really top notch special effects.

Yeah, I am a trekker. That's a middle aged trekkie.

Hey anyone seen this project.... This is the ultimate fan project, so big that original Star Trek actors have become involved....check it out, attention to detail in the rebuilt sets is astounding.

Star Trek: Phase II Home Page

germar
10-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow there's lots of you here!

The main reason I asked the question was to give everyone a link to my Star Trek based website. It really needs some new members and activity, since things have been getting stale after the new movie was pushed back. It's a fun forum, has games, arcade, lots of movie talk and Star Trek talk, and I would just like it if everyone could give it a try and become a member, maybe make a few posts there. I hope I can get some new members, and any input is welcome on the website.

DECK ONE - Echo...echo...echo...echo - Index