Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2019, 09:51 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentaxforums is more anti-DPR than DPR is anti-Pentax, it seems.

DPR's sins are more of incompetence than animus. Intransigence, too, but that seems mutual.

Nikon D750 over Pentax K-1ii is defensible, given the variety of criteria.

Personally, I would pick the K-1 for my usage, as its features appeal to me more than the D750's (even if the D750 were K-mount).

09-18-2019, 09:57 PM - 4 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have said it quite a few times.
Just don't visit, link to the site nor participate in its forums.
Deny it any traffic and gradually its sense of credibility (esp as a camera site wrt Pentax).

There are enough good sites around to not use DPR imo.
09-18-2019, 10:16 PM - 3 Likes   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Pentaxforums is more anti-DPR than DPR is anti-Pentax, it seems.

DPR's sins are more of incompetence than animus. Intransigence, too, but that seems mutual.

Nikon D750 over Pentax K-1ii is defensible, given the variety of criteria.

Personally, I would pick the K-1 for my usage, as its features appeal to me more than the D750's (even if the D750 were K-mount).
D750's only 24Mp, which is entry level FF, so it's had quality control problems like the D600 - in this case, at least three sets of shutter recalls.

The D850's the one to get, seriously good, but it's a thousand dollars more, unless you're rolling on a mattress of fiddies, forget it! The K-1 is such value.
09-19-2019, 06:51 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
D750's only 24Mp, which is entry level FF, so it's had quality control problems like the D600 - in this case, at least three sets of shutter recalls.

The D850's the one to get, seriously good, but it's a thousand dollars more, unless you're rolling on a mattress of fiddies, forget it! The K-1 is such value.
Recalling a camera for "quality control problems"? What a concept!

09-21-2019, 02:22 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Banned

I also think that DP Reviews is putting Pentax on the side. This not fair at all. They should avoid these types of activities.
09-21-2019, 05:53 AM - 2 Likes   #21

A couple years ago when I was looking at which mount to buy into, I read all the sites. Canon has these amazing features! Nikon has those! Pentax has many of them, plus legacy lenses and weather resistant and minimum of three digits less! Our pick is Canon. Our pick is Sony. But that's mirrorless. Shut up and get it!

I never understood that. Now don't get me wrong, I do realize Nikon and Canon bring many good things to the table. For example you can buy one in a store. But I could never understand how when you're reviewing bodies and systems and you lay it out on paper, Pentax really punches above their weight. My K70 is more an advanced beginner camera than entry level. And they'd all but admit it. Now go buy the Canon. Click the damn link!

As far as the forums, talk about a turn off! Not a good place to have a differing opinion. Group think or dogpile, your choice. I'm not going to say toxic, but I could certainly see where others may reach that conclusion.

Part of my problem is me. I have my own criteria and those influencers who's names I never bothered to learn, to say they were unimportant to me is giving them a bit more credit than they deserved. I'm just curmudgeonly enough to be unimpressed by their sphere of influence.
10-04-2019, 04:48 AM - 1 Like   #22

For me DPR is like the Daily Mail website. The articles are mostly nonsense but I go for the entertaining comments!
10-04-2019, 05:46 AM - 2 Likes   #23

DPR reviews are biased. There are many other reviewers out there that give a balanced opinion.

10-04-2019, 06:01 AM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Why bother what DPR thinks about Pentax. As long as I, as a Pentax shooter, am satisfied with the results I get from my camera, I really couldn’t care less.
I rarely visit DPR, because I know my mental state after I’ve read a couple of posts, then why?
Just sad that the Camera Store guys sold their soules to DPR ;-)
10-04-2019, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There is a dependable ClickLanche when they pan a Pentax product. The fact that they seem to set up their tests and reviews to cause Pentax to fail only increases the intnesity PF the response.
It's more than that.

When someone comes up with something that Pentax doesn't have, Pentax gets criticized.

When Pentax comes up with something no one else has, it's unimportant.

When someone else adds that something which Pentax invented, it's suddenly all-important and the new company "totally invented it" or does it better.
10-10-2019, 02:10 AM - 1 Like   #26

IBIS was not interesting before Nikon started to do it, 12 years later (I have not count the exact number of years ! )

And there is also Dxo, with the 645Z test hidden during 3 years.