Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
Forum Member

What happens in Tokyo?

Are there any interesting events in Tokyo (flea-market, exhibitons) for photographer that happens in Tokyo between mid and end of october?

Olaf

09-27-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
Pentaxian

There are way too many things to photograph around Tokyo. The colors of the trees should be quite fascinating by then. Lots of street photography, architectural, & landscape shooting. Take a wide angle lens. The last time I was there, I basically used my Sigma 10-20mm almost 90% of the time. There are too many tight places.

Get a JR train pass before getting there. This way you can ride trains, buses, & ferrys that are operated by the JR line. It's worth it, especially if you travel far by bullet train. You can catch the Yamanote line & ride around a circle in Tokyo & visit Akihabara, Harajuku, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Shinagawa, & other places with ease.
09-27-2019, 09:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Olaf, you could check this link:

October 2019 Events in Tokyo | Tokyo Cheapo

It isn't everything, but it does cover flea markets and some events.

The leaves won't be changing colour in October.
It's still about 28 degrees in the day time here, and around 20 degrees at night.
Late November is usually best.

Just walking around Tokyo is fascinating in itself.
Go to the Metropolitan Government Building in Shinjuku if it's a clear day and enjoy the view.

Agree with Squirrel that a wide angle lens is very useful.
First-time visits to the places mentioned are great.
There are a lot of visitors here at the moment for the rugby world cup.
09-27-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
> There are way too many things to photograph around Tokyo.

I have been in Tokyo many times, so I know the normal tourist things. I was asking for special things/events that only people know who are living there.

> I basically used my Sigma 10-20mm almost 90% of the time.

It was my idea to use my new DFA*50, the Samyang 14mm and visit Mapcamera to think about the new 35/2 or a used 31. .-)

> Olaf, you could check this link:

Oh thank you. I will check it out.

> It's still about 28 degrees in the day time here, and around 20 degrees at night.

That sounds okay for me. I only know Tokyo in May or June. So I will not need a sweater. :-D

Olaf

09-27-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Tokyo is awesome...but its also VERY easy to get around to the rest of Japan. Get on a train, and go to the countryside. Japan is amazing. Shinkasen is your friend!
Japan Taxi (app) and Uber take you the rest of the way. Easy peasy.
09-27-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ask the same question on the Tokyo Travel Forum on TripAdvisor (if you havenít already)thatíll probably throw up some suggestions?
10-06-2019, 12:43 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Darkover Quote
Are there any interesting events in Tokyo (flea-market, exhibitons) for photographer that happens in Tokyo between mid and end of october?

Olaf

Event: as for what I remember.... Halloween night? Shibuya cross hosts a large public Halloween meeting every year. Other places like ... let just check out this site
Things to do in Tokyo in October 2019 - Halloween, events and festivals | TripleLights