Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do Macintosh Users belong to an exclusive subsection of society?
Yes - And Mac Users are the only computer users to whom this would apply 26.90%
Yes - And Mac Users are not the only computer users to whom this would apply   00%
No - Using a Mac is a simply a personal choice 2793.10%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2008, 05:34 AM   #16
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
I would tick the first answer, but it's not followed by "...and they think they're better than you because of it."

My beef is not with the hardware, nor with the software. It's with the dozens of condescending ******s I've come across who think that a Mac is what God handed to Moses on Mt Sinai.

bingo. but I place a big part of this blame on Apple, because they bank on that attitude and push it on to their customers, to help keep that 'exclusive' better than thou attitude alive. they use it as brand recognition and its sickening. I actually like how Microsoft has handled this by waiting for apples commercials to get old and annoying and then pouncing with its 'I'm a PC' commercials. genius.

10-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #17
graphicgr8s

Yes they are a subsection of society. Just not the way you mean.
We've got one smac here at work and it's a PITA. Can't access some of my RIPs because the software is only for PC's. Drivers don't work or aren't available so I have to write my own. And they are suppose to be for graphics? And I'm talking Fiery RIPs not the low end crap.
And how do you get into the OS?.
That being said I have to agree that it's what you got use to when you first started. I started in the 70's (in school, 9th grade) writing Fortran programs so the PC was easy for me. Both systems will get the job done and that's all that matters. And the smac users are a bit condescending.