Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 155 Likes Search this Thread
11-18-2019, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #46

Photos: Gallery
Vox and Crash Course:

I keep Crash Course in my list of subscriptions and will load one up when the topic looks interesting. They are awfully fast-paced (hence the name) but sometimes a few nuggets will stick.

The production and topics on Vox are consistently enjoyable and frequently enlightening.

01-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
They finally got to the point of taking the car apart to start the painting process in episode 28. To the tune of "My Great Undoing" by Of Men and Wolves.
01-09-2020, 09:53 PM - 1 Like   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deer and turkey hunting videos They also teach a great deal that is useful for wildlife photography (strategies, tactics, etc.).
01-09-2020, 10:56 PM   #49

Photos: Albums
I was watching Air Crash Investigations, then gave myself a fear of flying! D'oh!

I subscribe to Grandpa Amu. He's this elderly woodworker who makes AMAZING things like stools from one piece of wood while keeping the pieces all joined, and puzzle toys for his grandson. It's just so peaceful and amazing and a talent I admire but cannot do.

01-10-2020, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #50
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NotMyFatDog Quote
I was watching Air Crash Investigations, then gave myself a fear of flying! D'oh!

I subscribe to Grandpa Amu. He's this elderly woodworker who makes AMAZING things like stools from one piece of wood while keeping the pieces all joined, and puzzle toys for his grandson. It's just so peaceful and amazing and a talent I admire but cannot do.
Not watched him but just suddenly had flashbacks of watching This Old House as a kid with my grandfather. Watched a couple other similar shows with him as well.
03-01-2020, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently started watching The History Guy on youtube, he is quite engaging.

The History Guy: History Deserves to Be Remembered - YouTube
03-03-2020, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

- Mark Felton Production - WWII untold stories.
- British Pathé - Gigantic collection of small documentaries from 1896 to 1979.
- Marty's Matchbox Makeover - Matchbox cars restoration.
- Silver Screen Classics - If you want to watch movie from golden years of Hollywood.
- PizzaFlix - If you want to watch old TV shows from the 1930/1960
- Techmoan - This one is dedicated to all sort of unknown video and audio formats. Ever heard of the Wire Recorder?
- Andy Tube - This one specializes in restoring vintage Singer Sewing machine. I learned a lot from this Arizonian Gentleman.

Last edited by Helios 1984; 03-03-2020 at 06:16 PM.
03-17-2020, 01:04 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have just recently found this shipwright rebuilding a pilot cutter, really something this even if you are not into boats or wood.

Sampson Boat Co - YouTube
03-17-2020, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #54
Veteran Member

This funny and rude Canadian guy AvE who likes to take apart tools to see why some are better and which are overpriced junk. (A large percentage!) My roommate also has all these car review and repair sites he watches, even though he isn't a wrench type of guy, he is an old school, draw knife using wood worker.
03-31-2020, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #55
Pentaxian

On a semi regular basis I go on youtube and do some random searches by typing in some of my favourite subjects in the search. Being a car guy some of my favourites are:

-trucks, SUV's in deep snow *

-Snow plowing ...different North America provinces/states, Europe, etc.

-Heavy duty truck (6WD, 8WD) such as the Czech made Tatra, etc. ...going down primitive roads/ no roads/ hill climbing contests

-Motorcycle videos mostly on favourite vintage bikes...Matchless, Norton, BSA, Vincent, Velocette, Jawa, CZ, BMW, etc.

- farm tractors, old vintage HD trucks...Macks, Peterbilts, etc. in action....home made tractors which can be quite interesting

-cameras, light meter...how to's...

-drag races of vintage stock cars, Gassers, etc.

-driving tests (amateur mostly) of vintage vehicles....everything from '60's big sedans like Chevy 409's, 427, Ford Galaxie 427, Mopar 413, 426 wedge...'60's Volvos, V-Dubs, Sunbeam Tigers, Austin Healey 3000's, etc.

-Vintage Sports and sedan (saloon) car racing in England

* Snow and dealing with it has been a life long interest and past time...which comes by honestly, being a Canuck on the western prairies

Kind of esoteric interests...but these are some of the things I get a kick out of...
04-30-2020, 04:06 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The National Theater Live YouTube Channel is offering top quality recorded performances of many great plays. I just watched
today, and it was just as good as when I first viewed it in a theater.

The American Shakespeare Center in Virginia offers a very different experience from the National Theater, but the performances are first-rate. Their recreation of the original Blackfriars Theater has been called "Shakespeare's American Home'. They also offer recorded versions of their world-class actors onstage.

MLB.com is playing a lot of great classic baseball games.
06-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

CarHax, for those mechanically minded. Some must be set ups but there is plenty real life fun in there too.

CarHax - YouTube
06-12-2020, 08:38 PM - 1 Like   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
This funny and rude Canadian guy AvE who likes to take apart tools to see why some are better and which are overpriced junk. (A large percentage!) My roommate also has all these car review and repair sites he watches, even though he isn't a wrench type of guy, he is an old school, draw knife using wood worker.
AvE does a lot of closeup work so he is always growling at the camera: "Focus, you ****!
08-15-2020, 08:06 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Scotty Kilmer Channel.

I find this Channel to be very helpful and informative. This individual is a Master Auto Mechanic and I believe he is as honest as they come.

Thanks for reading.

Tonytee )
08-16-2020, 02:51 AM   #60
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
I'm a history buff, so I've recently become hooked on the Kings & Generals military history channel.
YaleCourses - YouTube