Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 155 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2019, 07:54 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I will give a +10 on Engels coach shop on youtube.

If you like trains, these guys are putting cameras up all over the place and live streaming railroads.

Virtual Railfan - YouTube

Same goes for this channel. He doesn't live stream but his videos are top notch.

Distant Signal - YouTube

If you are into playing Skyrim or Fallout computer games, Nate here will tell you about little things you might have missed along with other tidbits about the games.

TheEpicNate315 - YouTube

If you like history, this channel has the TV show Time Team posted.

Reijer Zaaijer - YouTube

I do have a few other channels that I watch but are not subscribed to. If I tried to list them, I would be here for awhile.

10-12-2019, 01:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I like 'dashcam' channels. I don't know why because some of the clips are infuriating! And I've been watching a bit of Jim Can't Swim recently. It's criminal psychology stuff. Lots of interesting police interviews.
10-16-2019, 08:50 AM - 3 Likes   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Being a nerd, geek, and engineer, my favorites fall in pretty much those categories:

Mark Rober puts out consistently great content.

Puffin Forest tells stories of DM/GM'ing tabletop RPG sessions

And if you want some really, REALLY great content that addresses issues with Youtube, Nerd City has the BEST videos that go into insane detail about a wide variety of topics. Their latest video talks about Youtube and their hidden dictionary of demonetized words, going as far as to feed it over 15k words and seeing which ones are and aren't auto-demonetized.

Tom Scott has a series called "Amazing Places" and "Things you didn't know" that are both incredibly informative about the world around us.

For a little weird Youtube, Jackson Crawford is a Ph.D lecturer and noted expert in Norse Mythology and language.

Can't leave off Gun Jesus, aka Forgotten Weapons

And for all of you who enjoy a little schadenfreude, there's SciManDan, who takes on conspiracy theorists and flat earthers, and Kitboga, who does "IRL" streaming of him prank calling the IT Support scammers. If you enjoy watching someone spend hours wasting someone's time with a complicated series of fake websites and virtual machines, watch Kitboga. Seriously. It's hilarious.

Oh, and ThisOldTony and AvE both get my engineering needs satisfied.
10-16-2019, 09:07 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Airplanes, amateur rocket(s) and the TI99/4A (my first computer, got it in 1983, still have one)

Bush planes:
Trent Palmer - YouTube
Jonas Marcinko - YouTube

TI99/4A (if you had/have one, you'll be amazed):
Rasmus Moustgaard - YouTube

Amateur rocket(s):
Copenhagen Suborbitals - YouTube

10-19-2019, 11:08 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

The Fast Lane.
10-28-2019, 03:20 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
By the time I've caught up with the photographers whose work interests me, there's often no spare time left to browse, although for a few weeks I watched Lonnie's Far Northern Bushcraft and Survival. My speech has recovered its normal pace since stopping that.
10-28-2019, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

I'm a big fan of old warbirds, so I tend to watch a few channels for that. Pretty much it for any y'tube channels.

Paddy Patrone

Warbird Videos

10-28-2019, 07:58 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rick Beato's music series, especially "What Makes this Song Great"
10-30-2019, 09:21 AM   #24

I spend a lot of time watching channels that are car, or gym related. Sprinkle in a bit of video game footage and that's where I'm at.
11-03-2019, 01:43 PM   #25
Veteran Member

For the trekkie in me:
Trekyards - YouTube
Steve Shives - YouTube

For the film nerd in me:
FilmJoy - YouTube
Patrick (H) Willems - YouTube
Lessons from the Screenplay - YouTube
Just Write - YouTube
Nerdwriter1 - YouTube
Wisecrack - YouTube
Every Frame a Painting - YouTube
Also Fandom Entertainment for Hollywood news, basically. And of course the Honest Trailers.

Sometimes also
CinemaWins - YouTube
(not too big a fan of the format, as I hate CinemaSins, however he does point out interesting things about the movie and actually puts some research into it. Plus there are always some interesting thoughts and viewing angles)

For my interest in aviation, space, transportation in general:
Mustard - YouTube
Curious Droid - YouTube
Wendover Productions - YouTube
Half as Interesting - YouTube

For gadget reviews etc.
Marques Brownlee - YouTube
A very entertaining fellow, and the production values are insane. He is shooting on multiple RED cameras, automated camera cranes etc.

For computer stuff:
Linus Tech Tips - YouTube
Quite entertaining and crazy stuff they are doing.

Gamers Nexus - YouTube
More detailed information.

I'm not a big follower of photography YouTubers, though I do enjoy a handful of them (the ones I am interested in don't care about the tech, but more about the artistic side of things). Basically if I'm on YouTube I like to learn stuff in an entertaining way or get to see a different view.

Last edited by kadajawi; 11-03-2019 at 01:51 PM.
11-03-2019, 01:50 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The DUST channel offers some pretty good sci-fi short films. A few of them are certainly better than the reboots and franchises Hollywood offers.
11-03-2019, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #27
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You tube what a place to loose time so easily.
4 X 4 videos....Ronny Dahl ( 4 wheelin Australia ), 4 WD action ,Intents , Seek Adventure , 4X4 Overland and others based in Western Australia.
Music...what ever they lead to after watching one on What music are you listenening to thread here.

And any research for a project I am doing at the time

Dave
11-03-2019, 04:58 PM - 3 Likes   #28
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
YouTube is a black hole for me.

I go there to see something someone has referred me to, and then spend hours and hours following the suggested videos to watch afterwards.

Time Kill Central!
11-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Mostly kayak and fishing related.
11-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #30
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Lately I have been watching Critical Role trying to get caught back up to the current live streams as I've once again fallen behind. I also end up watching a lot of Markiplier or Jack Septiceye due to the kids along with Chills' Top 15 lists. I also enjoy watching reaction channels. Watching some of the better vocal instructors watch and critique other singers is rather informative. And other times, I just like seeing people react to or discover "old friends" of mine for the first time and get to live through that joy again.