Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 65 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2019, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
- I shall have a look at the date the first post of a thread was made before answering, even if I found the thread on the first page of a subforum (applies especially to the Photo Critique section)
and the "Post Your Photos!" thread.
Today, I hit the limit set by @Adam back in August 2018.
Back then it was 75 'old threads' in 24 hours.
He must have twiddled with the parameters since then, because I haven't commented on many old threads recently, and I didn't realize this photo was "old"
Train Ride - PentaxForums.com
until I attempted to comment on one of the recent comments.

10-28-2019, 01:57 PM   #107

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You are apparently "hung up" on 'the contest'.
I found two threads in this section alone complaining about it.
And why?
I have posted more than ten times in a day - that would amount to over 300 times in the month.
What difference does it matter to you?
Most of most of my comments are much more valuable - and require more thought - than the ones in these two threads.

It is @Adam's server, and my time {I am retired} - what difference does it matter to you???
I think that's the right way to look at this. Yes it will draw out spammers but it will also help bring some quality posts, new users, and draw back old users. I know for myself I've been inactive for quite a while due to the arrival of our daughter. Still out taking picture but very little time to post on forums!