Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2019, 05:55 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photographers carry kit

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I recently watched an interesting video on the 'Modern Rogue' youtube channel where they talked about what they would have in an everyday carry kit, packed into a small Bag like this (amazon.com : ZJtech Tactical Molle Pouch Compact EDC Tools Utility Gadget Pouch : Sports & Outdoors?tag=pentaxforums-20&). That got me thinking, what would people put into a photographers equivalent?

10-14-2019, 06:16 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
at a minimum

extra SD card ( s )

extra confirmed charged battery ( s )

lens cloth

this tool: PMG multi tool Photographers Multi-Tool 4mm Allen Wrench and Flat-Head Key Chain-Tool

Read more at: PMG multi tool Photographers Multi-Tool 4mm Allen Wrench and Flat-Head Key Chain-Tool reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

https://www.promediagear.com/Photographers-Multi-Tool-532-4mm-Allen-Wrench-H...ool_p_397.html

plastic bags
10-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Oh damn that pmg tool looks really handy. I'd also add in a cleaning pen Hama Lens Cleaning Pen - For Camera Lenses and Filters: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo. A compact and high lumen maglight. Maybe an elasticated/draw string in case you lose a lens cap to keep a bag in place over the lens.
10-14-2019, 06:31 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WondringLisa Quote
Oh damn that pmg tool looks really handy. I'd also add in a cleaning pen Hama Lens Cleaning Pen - For Camera Lenses and Filters: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo. A compact and high lumen maglight. Maybe an elasticated/draw string in case you lose a lens cap to keep a bag in place over the lens.
good additions

remember this is a carry kit that is supposed to be small so it can't have every thing

personally I might carry a multi pocketed vest, it gives you places to store such items and more such as lenses

the problem is that they get heavy real fast if you are not careful

I had to replace one that was 25 or more years old recently

I chose this one

Humvee by CampCo Safari Photo Vest

10-14-2019, 06:35 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WondringLisa Quote
Oh damn that pmg tool looks really handy. . . . .
check the internet for the tool

https://smile.amazon.com/Photographers-Multi-Tool-Allen-Wrench-Chain/dp/B07G...1060169&sr=8-1

Last edited by aslyfox; 10-14-2019 at 07:04 AM.
11-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
Agree with cleaning cloth, spare battery, spare card.
I frequently also carry an SD-to-lightning card reader, as the Eye-Fi cards I used to use are becoming rather unreliable and my cameras are not of the era to have their own wireless communication ability.
11-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Spare batts, spare SD card, rocket blower and a lens pen, and the 70-300 glass in the bag. Plus some other assorted stuff most of the time.

11-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
The best penlight I have ever owned, I carry it and use it every day: TerraLUX/LightStar LS-90 Penlight|Battery Junction

Last edited by TeeJay; 11-08-2019 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added image
11-08-2019, 07:54 AM   #9
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

put your info:

name

address

cell phone number in the carry kit

if you lost the carry kit, perhaps the person who finds it will contact you
11-08-2019, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Add to the above a small reel of electrical tape.
12-03-2019, 04:32 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I have a small "fanny pack" as you Americans would describe it, but the rest of us call it a "bum bag" even though it is worn at the front. In it I put spare SD cards, lens pen, blower, cleaning cloths and a small bottle of IPA. In addition I carry a roll of electrical tape, a big wad of blutac, and a nice little pocket LED torch. These are the basics that would go in here, and there is still space left for a spare lens. If I need to I also carry my Leatherman, but that goes on my trouser belt.

I tend to also carry an old Lowe camera case that hooks on the belt of the bum bag, so my camera body and one lens goes in there and my hands are free.
12-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #12
Pentaxian

....a small bottle of IPA?I’m assuming that’s not India Pale Ale for refreshment purposes
12-04-2019, 01:12 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
....a small bottle of IPA?I’m assuming that’s not India Pale Ale for refreshment purposes
No the hip flask of Port covers the refreshments, in this case IPA is Iso Propyl Alcohol which I use to clean glass
12-21-2019, 05:41 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TeeJay Quote
The best penlight I have ever owned, I carry it and use it every day: TerraLUX/LightStar LS-90 Penlight|Battery Junction
Why is this penlight the best?
12-26-2019, 07:36 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Spare battery, cleaning cloth, SD card, powerbank and cables, ND filter. If I'm on the go for longer, I'll also bring a charger along that I can power up using the powerbank.