Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2020, 04:03 PM   #331

Some shots from St George in SW Qld during a pretty wet period (2012).

12-16-2020, 05:24 PM   #332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Brisboy Quote
Some shots from St George in SW Qld during a pretty wet period (2012).

Getting a little moist there, I see. The Met Bureau did forecast a wetter summer this year. It seems they were correct, so far.
12-16-2020, 06:49 PM   #333

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Getting a little moist there, I see. The Met Bureau did forecast a wetter summer this year. It seems they were correct, so far.
Ha ha, these shots are from 2012 although I believe it's been wetter so far this summer. Was a bit dry in between! Last year I mowed twice and it was really just sucking up dust. Here's my doggo sitting on the edge of our "lawn" in 2018.

And this year we've moved within short driving distance of this sort of thing.

Gillie's lookout.

Babinda boulders.

Josephine Falls.

All taken in what they tell me is the dry season. It's just insanely green all the time.
12-17-2020, 02:04 AM   #334
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Allan, owner of Camera House,Taree NSW is amongst the most qualified lens technicians.

A Pentaxian who the JAPanese chose to do the K-3 launch in Australia.

02 65521488.
Thankyou....

12-21-2020, 01:37 AM   #335
Pentaxian

NSW covid cluster

Thirty cases yesterday but only 15 today,i hope this trend continues.

Stay Safe Aussies and Merry Christmas(even to the Convict descendants on that tiny island down South!)
12-21-2020, 01:51 AM - 1 Like   #336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stay Safe Aussies and Merry Christmas(even to the Convict descendants on that tiny island down South!)
Well, thank you for the back-handed well-wishing, but you lot got there first.

Happy Xmas to you, comrade.
12-21-2020, 01:53 AM - 3 Likes   #337
Veteran Member

Well personally I had always planned to have a stay-at-home Christmas this year, but the way the border closures are going I won't be the only one....

Hey, just remember that the first Mad Max movie was set in 2021....!

12-21-2020, 04:09 AM - 1 Like   #338
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

india vs Australia.

India 36 All out.

Good grief.

Dont think i ever came across such a massacre.

Those who managed to watch the game.
Was india that bad?
Or was Australia that good?
12-21-2020, 09:11 PM   #339
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
india vs Australia.

India 36 All out.

Good grief.

Was india that bad?
I think the Indians were concerned they would catch something so they decided to go home early... I mean have you seen the state of the quarantine hotels?
12-21-2020, 10:14 PM   #340
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
india vs Australia.

India 36 All out.

Good grief.

Was india that bad?
Hi Termy

The day / night tests using the Pink ball are a bowlers paradise.
King Kohli is off back home ( for the birth of his child ) and I don't think is coming back.
3 day tests seem to be the norm now ( more time to see the sights in the host city ).

Dave
12-22-2020, 01:03 AM   #341
Pentaxian

Josh Hazelwood(5 for 8) was interviewed after the game and asked IF he can bowl any better.

His reply was EVERYTHING went to plan.

The Aussia attack did the job against the 2nd rated Test team in the world.I doubt we we see that again for a long long time.
12-28-2020, 02:37 AM   #342
Pentaxian

NSW down to 5 cases today,great to see the diminishing numbers.Some stringent NYE restrictions.

Our batters are not doing too well this week.
12-31-2020, 08:13 PM - 1 Like   #343
dbs
Pentaxian

Happy New Year

Bring on the 3rd test
1 all at the moment

Every mini outbreak stems from an Aussie coming home from overseas ....... there has to be a better way ?
This stop start is killing our resolve and economy.

Dave
12-31-2020, 08:27 PM   #344
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Adelaide, South Australia: Don't tell anyone how good it is, please.
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Happy New Year

Bring on the 3rd test
1 all at the moment

Every mini outbreak stems from an Aussie coming home from overseas ....... there has to be a better way ?
This stop start is killing our resolve and economy.

Dave
There are better ways....

Australian's have been very patient, and complied with authorities to the point where there is ZERO risk internally....

The ONLY reason I can come up with is it is a political 'reason'... privatised security, privatised hotels, massive govco hand outs to big companies etc etc.

It makes me furious that a room full of politicians in Canberra get to put the entire nation at risk, when they should do quarantine properly; regardless of the cost: And lets face it, the way Canberra are borrowing, and the RBA is printing, there's no shortage of cash.
12-31-2020, 09:48 PM - 2 Likes   #345
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aussie Matt Quote
There are better ways....

Australian's have been very patient, and complied with authorities to the point where there is ZERO risk internally....

The ONLY reason I can come up with is it is a political 'reason'... privatised security, privatised hotels, massive govco hand outs to big companies etc etc.
We discussed this at work, bearing in mind we are all safety engineers so our aim is to eliminate the risk wherever possible and implement whatever reasonably practicable controls we can. We don't take into account politics, feelings, budgets or timescales, someone else has to make that decision against our recommendations.

Our solution, every incoming flight from overseas lands at somewhere remote, an RAAF base out in the middle of nowhere preferably but Manus Island has a 7,000 odd foot runway.

The passengers are put up in on-base accomodation for 14 days, and are tested every three days. If after 14 days no-one has tested positive then the passengers are flown back to the mainland (or a major city) and allowed to travel to their destination.

Each batch of arrivals is kept separated and isolated from each other, so if one batch contains someone who has COVID it doesn't spread. Anyone found to be infected is treated on site, and the rest of the batch is given another 14 days quarantine until it can be proved they are not infectious.

Workable? Yes. Politically acceptable, No, not remotely. Unless the politicians have the will to do it and take the flak for it. Of course there will be a lot of claims of "human rights" etc, but it would keep the rest of the country infection free.

Whether this would be good for the country in the long run is another question, the longer we keep it out then the harder it is likely to hit if and when it does get here.