Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 268 Likes Search this Thread
04-08-2020, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #211
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
flight s allowed to land in Aus
Well, a flight has landed in Australia from WUHAN.Its carrying things supposedly to counter the virus.100 foot poles are being used to unload the stuff.I wonder if its of the same quality of merchandise that's being found to be defective(test kits in Europe)?

heres a bit of a history lesson on virus research and development

04-08-2020, 05:31 PM   #212
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
04-08-2020, 10:13 PM   #213
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My initial thought when the virus was first reported in the news was its bio-logical warfare that got out I might just be a cynic.
The spread to me seems way to fast to be Oh i've just caught something and pass it on.
The truth we will never know
04-08-2020, 10:53 PM   #214
Pentaxian

My initial thought when the virus was first reported in the news was its bio-logical warfare that got out I might just be a cynic.
The spread to me seems way to fast to be Oh i've just caught something and pass it on.
You are not Robinsoncrusoe thinking that way, the circumstantial evidence certainly is in the I SMELL a RAT category.

There are reports all over the place of cover ups.The CCPs standover tactics are well known but there are underground opposition groups, maybe another revolution in the making.Oppressing people only lasts so long.

04-08-2020, 11:59 PM   #215
Veteran Member

From a strategic perspective, having an opposing force either locked down from a biological agent or depleted for the same reason would be a nice way to start territorial expansion. Of course it helps if your own troops aren't affected, but it doesn't take much when assets like aircraft carriers have reduced capacity before forces are no longer a deterrent.
04-12-2020, 02:33 AM - 1 Like   #216
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
From a strategic perspective, having an opposing force either locked down from a biological agent or depleted for the same reason would be a nice way to start territorial expansion. Of course it helps if your own troops aren't affected, but it doesn't take much when assets like aircraft carriers have reduced capacity before forces are no longer a deterrent.
The Chinese already own a large portion of Australia why cripple something that is aiding your world expansion?
Or maybe they can use this to bring in more cheap labor 457 workers to fill the gaps.
04-12-2020, 04:37 AM   #217
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by James also Quote
The Chinese already own a large portion of Australia why cripple something that is aiding your world expansion?
Or maybe they can use this to bring in more cheap labor 457 workers to fill the gaps.
They are *the* exporters of the world. There's no way they would do anything that weakens the ability of everybody to buy things.

For that reason, the US recovery from the 2007 recession was monetary.

The US treasury simply printed more money, calling it 'quantitative easing'.

They could do this because the Chinese bought one dollar of bonds for each dollar that was printed, to save the American economy.

04-12-2020, 04:37 PM   #218
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by James also Quote
Well it looks like they have taken to applying the "personal" touch to parts of the East China Sea, just to help out the locals of course....

Coronavirus: China?s escalating conflict in South China Sea

Economics are not the only way to "invade" a country, it may be old fashioned to actually send troops in but with China they have a lot of troops, and quantity has a quality all of its own....
04-13-2020, 05:35 PM   #219
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
Well it looks like they have taken to applying the "personal" touch to parts of the East China Sea, just to help out the locals of course....

Coronavirus: China?s escalating conflict in South China Sea

Economics are not the only way to "invade" a country, it may be old fashioned to actually send troops in but with China they have a lot of troops, and quantity has a quality all of its own....
Not so much the East China Sea, this is the South China Sea. Been going on for a long time, now. There is underwater gas and oil.
04-14-2020, 02:07 AM - 3 Likes   #220
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can add the phrase "Illegal Dinner party" to the list of things I never thought I would hear in my lifetime.
04-14-2020, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #221
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
You can add the phrase "Illegal Dinner party" to the list of things I never thought I would hear in my lifetime.
Rules is rules. Xbox, anyone?

Coronavirus crisis: Victorian mates fined $5000 for video games night during COVID-19 lockdown | PerthNow
04-15-2020, 01:16 AM   #222
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Rules is rules. Xbox, anyone?
You see, THAT is why I'm a PC gamer. If you want to watch me make terrible choices in games, you can watch me do that on Twitch.
04-17-2020, 03:23 PM - 2 Likes   #223
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My son is practically affixed to his X-Box. But it's all online gaming so no playing outside of his bubble.
04-22-2020, 04:59 AM - 4 Likes   #224
Pentaxian

To all my Australasian Friends, and Everybody else as well, as ANZAC Day approaches , and we are still in the midst of this, as we here know the ANZAC Day Dawn services across Australia, New Zealand and even in Europe are not possible this year, but, that doesn't mean we cannot still honour those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Just sharing the work of a few folks I know supporting the Driveway at Dawn Movement on ANZAC Day 2020.

04-22-2020, 02:54 PM - 1 Like   #225
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
To all my Australasian Friends, and Everybody else as well, as ANZAC Day approaches , and we are still in the midst of this, as we here know the ANZAC Day Dawn services across Australia, New Zealand and even in Europe are not possible this year, but, that doesn't mean we cannot still honour those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Just sharing the work of a few folks I know supporting the Driveway at Dawn Movement on ANZAC Day 2020.

We'll Be Together Again film clip - YouTube
And there I thought I was going to have a sleep-in this ANZAC day. But now you have me wondering.