Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2008, 03:54 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great news, Rosemary. Isn't it a wonderful thing finding your calling instead of having a midlife crisis

Don't ge me wrong, I only say that cause at 42 I started studying Graphic Design. Suck everything up like a sponge, have loads of fun and success will come

10-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Rosemary,
I am very happy and proud for you... You deserve all the good things coming your way...

Now go Knock it out of the park.
I start tomorrow! Am very excited

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Congratulations.
It will be tough assignment but I am confident you will excel.
Ah, thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Well done Rosemary

looking forward to hearing more on how things are going soon

Neil
I will post after my first day tomorrow. I hope to be working with those pros soon!

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Congrats, we're ALL happy for you.
Touching those "other" brands will be tough but somebody's gotta do it right!
Yeah, I know, but if I can work some magic and make enough $ with the pentax they will let me use it and even buy what I need. All depends on what I can make my camera do!
10-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
Congrats, Rosemary. I know you'll do fantastic. Remember to have fun and try not to let it become "work".
Thanks I appreciate your confidence in me

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
Congrats and Good Luck!
Thank you so much. Tomorrow is the first day.
10-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
Great news, Rosemary. Isn't it a wonderful thing finding your calling instead of having a midlife crisis

Don't ge me wrong, I only say that cause at 42 I started studying Graphic Design. Suck everything up like a sponge, have loads of fun and success will come
I plan on making like a sponge at 50! SO I have a lot to make up for

10-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rosemary,
You know you'll do great and have fun at the same time--plus cash, how can this be legal?
Post from time to time with details!
10-23-2008, 04:03 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Hey Rosemary...how was your first day???
10-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Rosemary,
You know you'll do great and have fun at the same time--plus cash, how can this be legal?
Post from time to time with details!
You know it is exciting! thanks for posting. I need to send you an email soon

QuoteOriginally posted by dazman Quote
Hey Rosemary...how was your first day???
Ah, the first day, lol Well it was a lot of the traditional paper work that has to be done when you start something like this. And reading a bunch of manuals to learn their process and work flow. I am learning a lot already! Sat I have a boudoir shoot with Katie and I get to take lighting and stuff! How cool is that! I have never worked with lighting so tomorrow I get a crash course If I had not gotten accepted I have no idea how long it would have taken me to get to a point where I would have access to lighting. Because of this shoot I am jumping right in, its a wee bit over whelming but I will be find. I have to also take the canon and their lenses to follow their work flow. The camera I will be using is different from my K10 D and I do plan on shooting some with my K10 too. And looks huge too! There are a lot of shoots on sat so i got what was left but it will all be just fine. I am very excited and meeting some pretty nice interesting very skilled photogs. Best part is they are very helpful! I can't wait to get to the point where I can work with them on their shoots too. I believe this is going to be a wonderful opportunity and it will really leap me ahead on the learning curve big time.
Everyone, thank you for your well wishes!

10-24-2008, 03:48 AM   #23
Veteran Member

First shoot already...fantastic. Can't wait to see some of the images.
Make sure you pass on some of your new found knowledge on to us. Congrats again and look forward to hearing more updates.
10-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Don't forget us

CONGRATULATIONS and ALL THE BEST!
10-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So happy for you, Rosemary! What's that old Irish blessing..., May the wind be ever at your back, may the road rise up to meet you, may the sun shine warm upon your face....I forget the rest of it, but I send it to you in spades. Good on you.
Les
10-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rosemary, best wishes and I know you'll do well, yet have so much fun. Sponge it in and rest lots, because it can be tiring learning new things (not that you didn't know that!).

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Marc
10-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Congrats, we're ALL happy for you.
Touching those "other" brands will be tough but somebody's gotta do it right!
Well, the "other brand" is def not my K10d! But I am willing to use both camera brands. I have to say I have been there 3 days and am really learning! This si so worth it

QuoteOriginally posted by dazman Quote
First shoot already...fantastic. Can't wait to see some of the images.
Make sure you pass on some of your new found knowledge on to us. Congrats again and look forward to hearing more updates.
Well I will be shooting the lovely Ms Katie's boudoir shots tomorrow along with some creative shoe shots I hope. And I have a lot of equip to use for the shoot too

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Don't forget us

CONGRATULATIONS and ALL THE BEST!
Now how could I forget my Pentax family?

QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
So happy for you, Rosemary! What's that old Irish blessing..., May the wind be ever at your back, may the road rise up to meet you, may the sun shine warm upon your face....I forget the rest of it, but I send it to you in spades. Good on you.
Les
thank you much! I appreciate the wishes

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Rosemary, best wishes and I know you'll do well, yet have so much fun. Sponge it in and rest lots, because it can be tiring learning new things (not that you didn't know that!).

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Marc
Marc I am having a blast really and learning a lot. In 3 days I have read 5 manuals for processes and work flow, lol Learning the paper work for taking out equip on shoots and today I learned a crash and I mean crash course on using lighting! So i will be stocked with an assortment of lighting, pocket wizards and a ring flash too. Wow, I had no idea some of these packs where going to be so heavy! well muscle arms here I come, lol I am keeping my fingers crossed that I learned enough to come home with fab pics tomorrow!