Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,027
Same post # in contest both months!

I just thought I would share that my entry last month and this month have the exact same post number. It took a few extra days but I ended up in the same relative position. That seems like a fun coincidence. Did this happen to anyone else?

11-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 13,812
<Cue intro from Twilight Zone>

Surely this is a good omen... a portent of impending raffle success?

I'm still a couple of posts shy of my entry qualification for this month...
11-11-2019, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #3
Lens Hoarder
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,183
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
<Cue intro from Twilight Zone>

Surely this is a good omen... a portent of impending raffle success?

I'm still a couple of posts shy of my entry qualification for this month...
Or thatís as lucky as he is going to get
11-11-2019, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,027
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
<Cue intro from Twilight Zone>

Surely this is a good omen... a portent of impending raffle success?

I'm still a couple of posts shy of my entry qualification for this month...

I would be so happy. The KP has always intrigued me. I can't justify buying one over my K-3 however. I am far from exhausting the capabilities of the K-3, and buying a KP seems frivolous when there is more to squeeze out of my K-3.

11-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 13,812
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Or thatís as lucky as he is going to get
Well, it's still more luck than I'm having of late...
11-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,039
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I just thought I would share that my entry last month and this month have the exact same post number. It took a few extra days but I ended up in the same relative position. That seems like a fun coincidence. Did this happen to anyone else?
if we are discussing the grand prize raffle - I was number 3 this time, up a few from October


both on the 3rd day of the month however

does that help ?

last time, one member made it in on the first day

this time the earliest entry was on Day 2

last time numerous members had multiple chances

only 2 had double digits one had 10 and the other 11

Last edited by aslyfox; 11-11-2019 at 02:10 PM.
11-11-2019, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,027
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Or thatís as lucky as he is going to get
I'll still take it. Great conversations with great Pentax photographers in a pleasant setting. I've lost nothing by trying and gained a fun story. Lol.
11-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 13,812
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I would be so happy. The KP has always intrigued me. I can't justify buying one over my K-3 however. I am far from exhausting the capabilities of the K-3, and buying a KP seems frivolous when there is more to squeeze out of my K-3.
I'm much the same, Brad... I simply can't justify buying another newer body. Any limits the K-3 has are pretty irrelevant to someone like me... I could benefit from better high ISO performance, but that's about it.

Like you, though, I could definitely justify winning one I tried the KP a couple of times at shows, and really liked it. Those that compare it to the K-3 series are - with respect - a little misguided in doing so, I think. It's a different beast altogether, and stands on its own. The form factor alone makes it an interesting choice. If I owned one, I would most certainly use it... a lot, and probably with the DA Limited primes. It seems tailor-made for them.

Anyway... Good luck in the raffles!!

11-11-2019, 02:09 PM   #9
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,039
I'm jumping in with both of you

I have no interest in moving on from my K 3 and K 3 II

at least for any current Pentax camera bodies

however, if I am lucky enough to win

well that might make me change my mind
11-11-2019, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,027
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm much the same, Brad... I simply can't justify buying another newer body. Any limits the K-3 has are pretty irrelevant to someone like me... I could benefit from better high ISO performance, but that's about it.

Like you, though, I could definitely justify winning one I tried the KP a couple of times at shows, and really liked it. Those that compare it to the K-3 series are - with respect - a little misguided in doing so, I think. It's a different beast altogether, and stands on its own. The form factor alone makes it an interesting choice. If I owned one, I would most certainly use it... a lot, and probably with the DA Limited primes. It seems tailor-made for them.

Anyway... Good luck in the raffles!!
Thanks. Good luck to you as well. I agree. DA ltds including 20-40 zoom all seem tailor made for enjoyment. I have the DA LTD hard case too which makes walking around with a body and a few ltds pretty snazzy.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
month, post
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do both of your eyes see color the same? A test. gaweidert General Talk 10 12-20-2014 08:54 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax K-5 and K-7 Bodies, Both Excellent/Like New, Both Low Shutter Count skid2964 Sold Items 7 11-28-2013 12:34 AM
APS-C vs Full frame background blurriness on same lens same subject Enkhbayar Photographic Technique 30 02-07-2012 03:03 AM
Nature Same sun - Same lens - Different decade pacerr Post Your Photos! 4 08-04-2010 02:14 PM
85mm vs. 50mm which is which (same subject, same aperture, same magnification) stevebrot Photographic Technique 50 07-01-2008 09:49 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top