Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 316 Likes Search this Thread
12-07-2020, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #286
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I'm still saving! Will let you all know when I get there.
Overkill, this will do the same job for £70!

John Lewis & Partners Pump Espresso Coffee Machine, Stainless Steel at John Lewis & Partners

12-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #287
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
That's a step backwards from what I have now!
12-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #288
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That's a step backwards from what I have now!
If what you've got now makes tastier coffee I'm envious
12-07-2020, 06:06 PM   #289
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If what you've got now makes tastier coffee I'm envious
The Breville I have now is not bad, but I've had to repair it twice. Also, as it has a vibration pump, it's noisy. Added to that, the issue that I can make coffee or steam milk, but not at the same time.
The other issue is that it can't be plumbed in, so I need to fill the water tank. There's also no way to adjust the pressure or the temperature so I cannot control the shot in any way other than to grind coarser or finer.

Strangely, the cheaper Breville I have at work makes better coffee in my view than the much more expensive machine at home. Odd.

12-08-2020, 06:26 AM   #290
Banned

Not sure what that contraption is, but looks like it costs as much as a K1 ll.
12-08-2020, 09:53 AM   #291
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What makes this a good one? I admit I'd enjoy having an espresso maker at home.
12-08-2020, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #292
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
What makes this a good one? I admit I'd enjoy having an espresso maker at home.
Price,quality of coffee,milk warming/frothing capability,simplicity of use,cleaning and (lack of) maintenance.

On the rare occasions we have store bought coffee now both me and SWMBO feel we could have had a better cup at home.

Read the reviews on John Lewis website,they are what swayed me and in six months use making up to five cups of coffee per day I’ve not been disappointed.

12-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #293
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hawkfan Quote
Not sure what that contraption is, but looks like it costs as much as a K1 ll.
A bit more, unfortunately - which is why I'm still saving. But, based on other's experience, including a good friend of mine, it would be the last machine I'll need for life.

Technika V Profi PID - ECM Manufacture GmbH

Features include:

4.5kg E61 brewing head with stainless steel upper chamber and 58mm commercial filter holders, with bottomless filter available and pre-infusion capable brew lever.
PID temperature control & espresso timer.
Lever operated hot water and steam taps with the ability to extract steam or how water at the same time as pulling an espresso.
Stainless steel 1400W boiler.
Change-over valve to allow machine to run from either a 3l internal tank or from a filtered supply.
Quiet rotary pump with pressure adjustment.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 12-08-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added specs.
12-08-2020, 02:16 PM   #294
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Price,quality of coffee,milk warming/frothing capability,simplicity of use,cleaning and (lack of) maintenance.

On the rare occasions we have store bought coffee now both me and SWMBO feel we could have had a better cup at home.

Read the reviews on John Lewis website,they are what swayed me and in six months use making up to five cups of coffee per day I’ve not been disappointed.
That's good to know. It's not a model we have here. I'm pleased it works well for you.
12-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #295
Veteran Member

A pavoni fan
Attached Images

12-08-2020, 06:53 PM   #296
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
A pavoni fan
It's lovely. But I find it exceedingly hard to make good coffee with it. I think one needs a fair amount of practice to get good at it.
12-08-2020, 10:17 PM   #297

Techni Vorm Mocca Master and Black Rifle Coffee Murdered Out Dark Roast
12-09-2020, 05:09 AM   #298
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
A pavoni fan
My... goodness. I now have my aspirational coffee maker, the one I have a lust for. This Pavoni right here. It's like the Lomography Daguerreotype Lens. Maybe it's difficult, maybe it's too quirky, it's not for everyday use, but you just want something that beautiful.
12-09-2020, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #299
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
My... goodness. I now have my aspirational coffee maker, the one I have a lust for. This Pavoni right here. It's like the Lomography Daguerreotype Lens. Maybe it's difficult, maybe it's too quirky, it's not for everyday use, but you just want something that beautiful.
So excuse my ignorance, but is there really something that a $1300 machine does that a $2-300 machine can't do? Or is it the aesthetic factor alone? I mean, this is still a single serving home type machine right? I imagine this is the Lamborghini of espresso? Guess I'm in the Ford sector.
12-09-2020, 07:15 AM   #300
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
A better one would be this one:

Esperto Competente – ESPCO : La Pavoni

For the same price you also get the pressure profiling kit (and ims baskets), which is the last, but not least, piece in achieving consistent "pulls". I have one for my europiccola and it helps a LOT.