Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2020, 06:21 AM   #331
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Hawkfan Quote
They seem to confuse roasting and incinerating. Fancy names for a cup size doesn't mask this.
If I go to Starbucks, I order in normal language just to spite them. They are still better than McDonald's coffee, though. McDonald's is pure burnt in liquid form.

12-11-2020, 06:22 AM - 2 Likes   #332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
If I go to Starbucks, I order in normal language just to spite them. They are still better than McDonald's coffee, though. McDonald's is pure burnt in liquid form.
I am fairly certain that one of these days McDonalds will be legally bound to call its thing "plasma".
12-11-2020, 06:40 AM   #333
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I am fairly certain that one of these days McDonalds will be legally bound to call its thing "plasma".
"Plasma Coffee"

Actually, that has a nice ring to it as a brand name. BRB, going to the trademark office! Lol
12-11-2020, 06:46 AM   #334
Banned

SPITE...A man (or woman) after my own heart! Classic.

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I had a cup of McD coffee a few weeks back while traveling as it was across from the hotel I was at which had equally bad coffee but I walked over as I figured it had to be marginally better then the hotel brew. Well, I was lazy this morning and fixed a cup of instant comprised of half Nescafe Instant with half Megdalio De Oro Instant Espresso. Don't laugh..it's actually fairly decent. It's our emergency stash bought during March covid madness here in the RV. Blew the McD's and Stewbucks out the water. Seriously.

12-11-2020, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #335
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

SPITE...A man (or woman) after my own heart! Classic.
100% dude.

And yes, we need more spiting in the world. Not to be confused with spitting. Lol
12-11-2020, 07:40 AM   #336
Pentaxian

Can't say I have a favorite coffee brand, but I'm quite sure my favorite coffee ever was the one I would drink at the bar in the Santa Maria Novella train station in Firenze, Italy, upon arrival with the night train from Paris... That would make me jump right back in to where I'd left off the previous visit!
12-11-2020, 07:49 AM   #337
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

100% dude.

And yes, we need more spiting in the world. Not to be confused with spitting. Lol
Hey, spite is the thing that keeps me going in my PhD studies... at this point it's more of a "Oh I'm finishing this thing if it's the last I do"

12-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #338
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually Starbucks makes the only "instant" coffee that I would drink in a pinch - their Via packets are just ultra fine-ground coffee beans and while it tastes like Starbucks coffee, and you want to avoid the grit at the bottom of the cup... sometimes you need a jolt at all costs.
12-11-2020, 04:14 PM   #339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Christmas is a-coming and I just ordered my two favourites in time for the holiday. Guatemalan Elephant and Monsoon Malabar, but postage is steep below a certain order value. So another bag of Santos and Java on the order... Coffee!!
12-11-2020, 04:49 PM   #340
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I seldom buy it, but McDonald's coffee in recent years is much improved.
And their longtime promotion of any size for one dollar is a real bargain.

The trick is getting them to give you enough milk.
I ask for milk in the coffee and some on the side.

Chris
12-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #341
Pentaxian

They seem to confuse roasting and incinerating. Fancy names for a cup size doesn't mask this.
Cups? More like buckets!
12-14-2020, 06:31 AM   #342
Banned

Today I am drinking Lavazza Gran Selizione described as "Dark, Intense & Chocolatey". It is an accurate description. It really does have a chocolatey taste to it. Not overkill but for sure it is quite noticeable. I really like these Lavazza blends. They are all varied and very good quality at a very affordable price point. Really glad I decided to try these. The Publix here did not have the Sinfonica so I grabbed this one. Made in a 5 cup Mr. Coffee while visiting Mom here in Central FL. That little machine made a lot of noise and took forever.
12-14-2020, 06:52 AM - 2 Likes   #343

Wake up. Remember that we are out of coffee. Stagger around kitchen until spot an old box of K-cups. Remember that we got this when we used to have a machine that used these.
Figure that the Dunkin Donuts coffee sealed in a pod is probably as immortal as Bubba Hotep, so I rip open a couple and pour into coffee filter basket of our electric perk.
Sit and enjoy my coffee as the rain falls on a dreary Monday morning.
12-14-2020, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #344
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
Wake up. Remember that we are out of coffee. Stagger around kitchen until spot an old box of K-cups. Remember that we got this when we used to have a machine that used these.
Figure that the Dunkin Donuts coffee sealed in a pod is probably as immortal as Bubba Hotep, so I rip open a couple and pour into coffee filter basket of our electric perk.
Thumbs up for the dreary Monday morning Bruce Campbell-as-Elvis-Fighting-Egyptian-Mummy reference.
12-14-2020, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #345
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
That's some out of the box thinking!