Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 316 Likes Search this Thread
11-10-2020, 02:00 PM   #151

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
Can you share what your favorite coffee brand and favorite coffee machine Work night shift use coffee every night usually whole bean and manual expresso machine but now look new machine
As Jura Anybody has experience with Jura
My favorite coffee brand now Dead Wish when work at home Don Pablo
I enjoy Starbucks and Tim Horton coffees.

11-10-2020, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Does anyone have an opinion on stainless burr grinders vs ceramic burr grinders?
My Bodum is stainless, seems to work just as well as my ceramic (which is a small hand grinder). It's hard to say for sure since they have different modes of revolution (power vs crank) but I'd say either option is fine.
11-10-2020, 07:18 PM   #153
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Don't know what to tell you there, the moka pot coffee is certainly "thicker" than the French press to me.

Most of the time I'm lazy and pop a pod in the Nespresso* in the morning to bring to work as a half white with some foamed milk - The machine makes better coffee than most coffee shops around (except for the couple that use coffee from a certain local manufacturer that I buy the beans for the French press from), and I enjoy having a variety of coffees to choose from depending on my mood.

Once I settle down a bit more I'll probably splurge for a proper espresso machine, although the couple that have been available at the University have been noticeably inferior to the moka pot or even to the cheap Senseo I brought to the office when we were told we couldn't use a hot plate for the moka pot "because safety" . I've been carefully reading several posts about the options (shoutouts to Tim and Mark go here )

*I found a super cheap barely-ever-used Vertuo machine (Still had like 90% of the complimentary pods you get when you buy it) which has options from Espresso (40 ml) to entirely unnecessary 414 ml buckets of darkened water light coffee. I typically settle for either a 150 ml or 80 ml variety in the morning. The espresso-sized shots, I think, are much better served by the "Original" Nespresso line.
I have small nespresso original machine in my work place
I usually buy capsule from Target super good and much cheep as Nespresso
original
Another excellent replacement or Nespresso
From Amazon call Bestresso superior quality
Just try
11-10-2020, 08:19 PM   #154
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mayorga Cafe Cubano from Costco... But I just went off caffeine a month ago and it has been wonderful not to have the added pressure or arenal fatigue...

So I'm not giving away my stock of Mayorga...

11-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #155
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Baxter Quote
I enjoy Starbucks and Tim Horton coffees.
If we're talking chains, gotta be Dunkin' Donuts, though I've never tried Tim Horton's.

We also have a convenience store chain (Kwik Trip) that now offers blended coffees that are addicting.
11-10-2020, 08:40 PM - 1 Like   #156
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few pages back I talked briefly about the ECM TECHNIKA V e61 PID 2.1L Espresso Coffee Machine. I've been saving. But, my mate's Breville has just pooped itself so he's got in before me and have bought one having been impressed with my research.
This is what it looks like:

I can confirm that it makes fantastic coffee, with a beautiful crema, and it's pretty and it's quiet with the rotary pump. It is a masterpiece of engineering. Beautifully made.
I'm drooling. (Keep saving Mark, keep saving!)
11-10-2020, 10:23 PM - 2 Likes   #157
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
ECM TECHNIKA V e61 PID 2.1L Espresso Coffee Machine. )
Looks a little like...hmmm..

Attached Images

11-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
If we're talking chains, gotta be Dunkin' Donuts, though I've never tried Tim Horton's.

We also have a convenience store chain (Kwik Trip) that now offers blended coffees that are addicting.
I've never even contemplated adding as much cream and sugar to my coffee as I overheard nearly everyone ordering theirs when I went back east to a Dunkin. We don't have 'em on the west coast. We also don't drink our coffee "white" like so many on the east coast apparently do!
11-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
I've never even contemplated adding as much cream and sugar to my coffee as I overheard nearly everyone ordering theirs when I went back east to a Dunkin. We don't have 'em on the west coast. We also don't drink our coffee "white" like so many on the east coast apparently do!
I don't know that you can generalize, but there are many coffee shops in my area (south of DC) where if you order a macchiato you need to check to make sure you're getting an espresso with a little dollop of frothy milk, and not some Starbucks abomination with sugar, pumpkin flavoring, whipped cream, half a gallon of milk and a cherry on top.
11-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #160
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
The 'Bucks is a bit overboard for my usual tastes, but I do enjoy the occasional peppermint mocha from them. Dunkin' has been expanding and finally made their way to the Midwest a few years back. I use to live in Maine, which is where I first got to know them.
11-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #161
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
The 'Bucks is a bit overboard for my usual tastes, but I do enjoy the occasional peppermint mocha from them. Dunkin' has been expanding and finally made their way to the Midwest a few years back. I use to live in Maine, which is where I first got to know them.
Dunkin has been in and around the Chicago area since I was a small child and I am now 56. Nothing new to many Midwest areas.
11-12-2020, 04:10 PM   #162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
I don't know that you can generalize, but there are many coffee shops in my area (south of DC) where if you order a macchiato you need to check to make sure you're getting an espresso with a little dollop of frothy milk, and not some Starbucks abomination with sugar, pumpkin flavoring, whipped cream, half a gallon of milk and a cherry on top.
God, I remember when I visited New York City. I had heard so much about Dunkin's coffee that I *had* to try it.

Never again. Drinking liquid sugar would have been less sweet . Especially after all the coffee places with actually tasty stuff I tried there
11-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #163
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Deathwish ground coffee, percolating in an ancient Pyrex 9-cup percolator...

everyday, sometimes twice a day...

still the same here - now buying DWC by the 5lb bag and grinding the beans myself.....
11-12-2020, 04:39 PM   #164
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dunkin' Donuts coffee here has gone downhill in recent years.
Sadly many locations seem to have lost the recipe for regular coffee.
They seem to concentrate on higher priced items like lattes, flavored and iced coffee drinks now.

For a good cup of coffee on the road 7-11 is a safer bet.

Chris
11-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #165
Loyal Site Supporter

Breville Precision and Ethos Crema. Sunday morning sunrise sitting on the porch, watching the birds and enjoying the quiet.