Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This Freddy Lockhart spoof his hilarious.

YouTube - Barack Obama EARLY YEARS at COLLEGE -archived VIDEO

11-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #17
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Originally I posted this in reply to seamius yes politics again but thought this could be a thread all by itself ! This is not to start a Donkey / Elephant debate - it's just a place to post some of the funniest things you have seen regarding this upcomming US Election.

Here is one of my favorite to date (followed closely by Tina Fey haha)

YouTube - Hey Sarah Palin (with lyrics/subtitles)
I just watched the second "Vote for Osama" video. How dare they insult Albert Einstein like that.

JibJab always has good skits. Don't care what side you're for there all funny.

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 11-01-2008 at 10:08 PM.
11-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
The whole thing is a joke. How can a two party system ever hope to be representative of the majority of the people. It's just like a well organised shouting/smearing competition, with very high stakes for us unfortunately. At least the serious emergence of a third party would act as some kind of counterbalance to the power grabbing politics of the two main parties.
Sorry about the rant, here's something more humorous.........................................................The new season of "Dancing with the stars".
Gary

not to get serious, but I will only for a moment, a two party system is the only way to get representation for the majority, because once you add more parties, control transfers too many times to the minotiry that holds the balance of power. Just look at your adopted country Canada, we are forced to undergo minority after minority, where a much smaller party actually has the most control over policy.

OK serious part aside. Perhaps we should allow seats proportional to popular vote, and allow many parties (along the lines of the Italian system) that way we can have the government change every 8 months. I actually think this is better because in that time, the elected members don't have time to screw things up, and we are left, for better or worse with the government burocrats.
11-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Gary

not to get serious, but I will only for a moment, a two party system is the only way to get representation for the majority, because once you add more parties, control transfers too many times to the minotiry that holds the balance of power. Just look at your adopted country Canada, we are forced to undergo minority after minority, where a much smaller party actually has the most control over policy.

OK serious part aside. Perhaps we should allow seats proportional to popular vote, and allow many parties (along the lines of the Italian system) that way we can have the government change every 8 months. I actually think this is better because in that time, the elected members don't have time to screw things up, and we are left, for better or worse with the government burocrats.
The best thing would be for the Supreme Court to rule political parties unconstitutional since there is no provision for them and George Washington cautioned against them.

11-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
a place to post some of the funniest things you have seen regarding this upcomming US Election.
Dave, this may be particularly funny and stunning for you... I found it hilarious.

CNNBC video
11-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #21
Veteran Member

not sure if this belongs in this thread but...

casually watching news, i think CNN or NBC, they were holding an open call in regarding vote turn out tomorrow.

Lady calls in and says her hellos and "i love your show", then proceeds to stress she is white, 56 and a first time voter...

Anchor man asks, "why are you voting this time around"?

Lady proceeds with this comment, "well all the blacks are coming out because there is a black candidate so whites must come out..."

Anchor man interrupts and tells the lady,"sorry we have run out of time ..thank you for calling in" then proceeds to talk a good 5/10mins with the guests
11-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #22
Damn Brit

I heard a guy say on the radio today "If McCain wins, that will make Dick Cheney the greatest VP of the 21st century".

11-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I heard a guy say on the radio today "If McCain wins, that will make Dick Cheney the greatest VP of the 21st century".
but does he have a hand hole in the back so CHeney can make him talk like he did Bush?
11-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #24
Veteran Member

LOL

If McCain's Concession Speech Was As Bitter As His Campaign - Funny Videos | Cracked.com