Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2019, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
eBay, FB Marketplace & PF Marketplace Feedback a Lost Courtesy?

I have been a seller on eBay for over a decade, on this forum for several years and on Facebook for three years. My eBay sales total well over one hundred items, PF Marketplace nearly two dozen and FB a dozen. Years ago, everybody left seller feedback. Today? Almost never! I generally leave positive feedback unless the seller is rude or ignored communication from me, then I just don’t leave feedback. I don’t understand why nearly nobody has left me positive seller feedback for the last thirty or so sales on eBay and PF Marketplace!

I respond to questions, Ship within one day of payment, pack things to withstand the Samsonite Gorilla or Zombie apocalypse and price fairly. I leave buyer feedback. It really bugs me on eBay because without ten recent positive transactions as a seller, I can’t earn my premium seller badge. Looking at who has purchased my items, it does look like many have gone to resellers. Could it be that they don’t leave feedback just to keep other eBay sellers from getting a seller star rating? Twenty two sales since November on eBay and here with only a single positive feedback left on PF Marketplace an one on eBay.

12-27-2019, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

It used to be, only Ebay had a system in place for seller feedback, and it was quick and easy to do. Now, EVERYBODY wants to to leave feedback, and Amazon hits you up for both the product and the seller.
I am so inundated with requests that I don't have time to process them. I do generally try to provide feedback on high-end and special purchases.

Kirk B.
12-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do try to give sellers my feedback on EB- quick and easy. However, sometimes it asks me for the FB before the item even arrives!
12-27-2019, 08:10 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I am mostly a buyer as oppose to a seller

I work with the other party and try to work out any problems first

then I leave feedback

so far I have only had to leave positive feed back after that process is done

I like to review feedback

so I urge people to give feedback and work with the other side first if there was some problems or misunderstanding

12-27-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I always leave feedback. Sometimes it takes me a bit as I will wait until I at least have the item and preferably have tried it out to make sure everything is in order. Sometimes it takes an extra couple days after that as I get sidetracked and don't get back to the computer, but I almost always leave feedback.

In the past 60 days on EB, I have a lens and a battery charger where I left feedback as the buyer but the seller has not though it's been over a week for both of them. (I can understand buyers not leaving feedback right away, but don't understand sellers that don't leave feedback after receiving positive feedback from the buyer.) I also have 3 items I haven't received yet and therefor haven't left feedback for though I did already receive feedback on one. I also have a 2 returns in process where I haven't left feedback yet either, though the one has already left me feedback, though he's also already sent me a return label and will be getting positive feedback from me, though only 1 star on item description. (This was for the lens advertised as K mount but not a K mount. The lens that arrived broken, I haven't heard back from the seller since the night I started the process when he said he'd look into it and then disappeared. With the holidays, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's just busy and am waiting a bit longer before escalating it up to eBay.)
12-27-2019, 02:18 PM   #6
Pentaxian

FWIW, I am a buyer only. I give feedback once I have taken delivery. Only once did I skip that, when I received a piece of junk camera. At least the lens was fairly good, which was what I was after. I declined the offer of a refund and skipped the feedback thing. I could/should have left a negative review, I suppose.
12-27-2019, 02:19 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I used to leave feedback but don't so much now. I think it was when the system was overhauled maybe?
12-27-2019, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #8
Imp
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've only sold one thing on ebay, and bought a couple. My feedback rate has been 50%. Admittedly, a small sample, and still not what you experienced in the past. I'd agree that there is just so much more to digest with electronic interactions that it becomes harder to remember to do these things, when more of our purchases are occurring online.

01-04-2020, 11:21 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I have been a seller on eBay for over a decade, on this forum for several years and on Facebook for three years. My eBay sales total well over one hundred items, PF Marketplace nearly two dozen and FB a dozen. Years ago, everybody left seller feedback. Today? Almost never! I generally leave positive feedback unless the seller is rude or ignored communication from me, then I just donít leave feedback. I donít understand why nearly nobody has left me positive seller feedback for the last thirty or so sales on eBay and PF Marketplace!

I respond to questions, Ship within one day of payment, pack things to withstand the Samsonite Gorilla or Zombie apocalypse and price fairly. I leave buyer feedback. It really bugs me on eBay because without ten recent positive transactions as a seller, I canít earn my premium seller badge. Looking at who has purchased my items, it does look like many have gone to resellers. Could it be that they donít leave feedback just to keep other eBay sellers from getting a seller star rating? Twenty two sales since November on eBay and here with only a single positive feedback left on PF Marketplace an one on eBay.
Always leave feedback here. Try to on ebay and amazon. A lot of not leaving feedback is due to time. Buying online is supposed to save time. Dealing with multiple orders and the required feedback eats into this time.
Thanks,
barondla
01-04-2020, 01:22 PM   #10
Pentaxian

As a buyer, I leave positive feedback, or try to work out issues prior to involving EB. So far, only issue from Asian vendor who suggested I take a faulty 2GB hard drive 'to be mended' locally. Had to involve EB on that one, but got full refund.

My view is that leaving positive feedback, when appropriate, is likely to encourage sellers to be more willing to provide details and discuss problems. Did have one potential 'seller' who, when I asked for details of an item, told me I was a time waster. Not seen him recently ...

Last edited by 35mmfilmfan; 01-13-2020 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Additional info
01-09-2020, 11:16 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I try to leave feedback, but... i'm very lazy. I should go back and leave some for some of my purchases, thank you for the reminder.

That being said, there are only so many "A+++++++++++++" reviews i can read through before I question the value of the system...
01-19-2020, 10:37 PM   #12

I leave feedback for eBay. Not for Amazon. There are too many cheats. It is no way possible to have 10 perfect reviews and 4 very angry reviews. I font gave FB.
01-20-2020, 02:31 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike27613 Quote
I leave feedback for eBay. Not for Amazon. There are too many cheats. It is no way possible to have 10 perfect reviews and 4 very angry reviews. I font gave FB.
Truth. I also forgo feedback on Amazon, especially since Amazon often blocks viewing of the one and two star comments.
01-20-2020, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love reading Amazon reviews: "I haven't received the item yet, but I am so psyched!"
Or answers to questions about the product, including the classic "I don't know."...

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 01-20-2020 at 06:30 PM.
01-20-2020, 05:32 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Or answers to questions about the product, including the classic "I don't know."...
The reason for this is that when a question is asked, those who previously purchased the item may get an email asking them the question. With this, some people may be under the impression it was asked to them personally and they feel obligated to answer, even if they don't know. Resulting in all the "I don't know." replies you see.