Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Substitute Quote
get the M3 on the marketplace!
A fantastic camera really!
I'd get it had I not an M6 already; or had I a collector soul...
no meter and not really made for wides

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
The Canonet G-III QL17 is a great little camera. I managed to find one in like-new condition with a flash and leatherette case for $60. The battery issue was very easily solved by using zinc-air hearing aid batteries and a small rubber O ring. They are the same voltage as the now outlawed mercury batteries and since they are smaller in diameter the O ring sits around it the battery chamber holding it perfectly in place.

There is a great description of the camera HERE.

Good luck!
maybe i'll keep an eye out for some other ones. i should have bid for that Canonet, it was in toronto w/ flash! but then i didn't wake up in time

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
But in the meanwhile, I just got a 99 cent camera... OK so the RF windows are fake, it is 'focus free', though with a 28mm lens. Will do 'panoramas'. It should be a ton of fun: the Vivitar PN2011. Vivitar has a "ultra wide and slim" model that comes with a 20mm lens of surprising quality. I'd rather have bought that, but this other one was actually available at the moment...

So you see, you'll not only need a RF, but you'll need a few.

By the way, the expense of shooting film isn't necessarily that bad. My local Moto Photo develops a roll of 120 film & puts it in nice plastic sleeves for $3.19 tax included. I can get 35mm film developed and scanned for around $5.25, $3 for the development only. I bought 25 rolls of Fuji 160S on eBay for $15, it is mildly out of date but works just fine. I used to buy my 35mm Ilford XP2 at the camera show at $1 a pop, good dated, but that source ran out.
some neat RF's there. hahaha rather not go the cheapy route. if i'm paying so much for film, might as well get something decent. i think i'll experiment w/ my film body first to see how much i actually like it.

the new Fuji/Cosina Folder looks very interesting, but the rumours are now that it will be around 300G's (Yen :P) ... so about $3000 which is way too much.

hahaha Moto Photo, i don't even think they're around in CAnada anymore. the plan is to buy a tonne of cheap film at B&H. but looking around, it costs about $5 to develop and $5 to scan here. so after taxes and stuff that's $15 a roll ... shooting film is a luxury at those prices

10-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
hahaha rather not go the cheapy route. if i'm paying so much for film, might as well get something decent. i think i'll experiment w/ my film body first to see how much i actually like it.

the new Fuji/Cosina Folder looks very interesting, but the rumours are now that it will be around 300G's (Yen :P) ... so about $3000 which is way too much.
Not cheapy, so that means Leica/Contax, or much better, I'll let Ken Rockwell enthuse about these:
Mamiya 7
Mamiya N 43mm f/4.5 L Test Review © 2003 KenRockwell.com
Mamiya 6 System Test Review © 2005 KenRockwell.com

And Dante Stella:
Dante Stella
Dante Stella
Fuji GA645 GA645i GA645W GA645Wi Autofocus Cameras

Deep in my heart of hearts, these are the things I lust for and would even sell some of my other equipment for. Some Day.
10-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KEH has a Bronica RF645 body with 65/4 lens in EX condition for under $900.
It's a fantastic camera!

Chris
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
oooh man this thread was about killing the craving not encouragement