Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2020, 07:05 PM   #1
Pentaxian

The Whatsapp annoyance

Hi there,

I am a long time Whatsapp user on Android, it is the most commonly used IM, but there is one thing I hated most namely the Whatsapp call feature. I don't know how many people use the call feature but I don't use, mainly due to unreliable reception on mobile network, depends on the location and the carrier I can not always get reliable connection, I always get breaking up and delayed voice far worst than regular cell network. There is no option for user to disable the call feature, there are hacks but no longer works on the new version, the only thing I can do is to mute the ring, but stupid enough after update the call ring reset to the default 'main', I even assign a custom silent mp3 to it, but the update randomly reset it as well. I contact the support many times but they only reply me with the FAQ how to change ring tone blah blah blah...

I got a question, I got 2 cell no. on 2 phone having the same contacts using the same Google a/c which the 2nd no. is not disclosed, on the Whatsapp contacts I see some user has changed their ICON but it does not always reflect on both phone why is that ? what would I see if the user does not have my contact no., and what if a user blocked me ?

01-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You have got me beat there. I avoid using just about any app on my phone.
01-04-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
Hi there,

what would I see if the user blocked me ?
-You can no longer see a contact's last seen or online in the chat window
-You do not see updates to a contact's profile photo.
-Any messages sent to a contact who has blocked you will always show one check mark (message sent), and never show a second check mark (message delivered).
-Any calls you attempt to place will not go through.
01-04-2020, 08:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Poor me still have to live with it