Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2020, 01:56 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Sadly, when you put an image on the web, you are defacto giving it away to whomever wants to come along and nick it for their own purposes. About all you can do is issue a takedown notice or send a bill for the usage.
Either way, don't expect much by way of satisfaction.

02-06-2020, 05:54 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Unregistered User

Find out who published the pictures and send them a bill. Be generous with yourself in billing - no discounts. Point out that as the copyright owner (as the author of the work, you are, in fact, the copyright owner unless you've sold it away - that status doesn't change with licensure, by the way, anymore than a property owner would cease to own his land just because he's rented it out to someone else), you have not authorized the use of the picture.

I would note in passing, that in the U.S., two or more copyright violations constitute a "pattern or practice of racketeering activity" under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act ("RICO") which gets you nationwide service of process and venue in the court most convenient to yourself.
02-07-2020, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Either way, don't expect much by way of satisfaction.
I know, gone are the days when you could meet your foe with pistol or sword at dawn. I imagine that was the way many disputes over Inheritance or who won last weeks croquet game were settled.

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Sadly, when you put an image on the web, you are defacto giving it away to whomever wants to come along and nick it for their own purposes.
Believe it or not, I've had work stolen from galleries hosted on this site!

Last edited by Digitalis; 02-07-2020 at 07:47 AM.
02-07-2020, 07:43 AM   #19
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
any system/game works only if the rules are obeyed

for example, dueling was done usually by either sword or pistol, not both

not sure what protection I gain by it, but my signature block includes " all rights reserved "