Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2022, 08:04 PM   #316
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Huh, so the Argonauts scored 4 TD's and held the Patriots to a FG and Safety.

08-02-2022, 03:06 AM   #317
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
the Pirates announcer fed up with using position players as pitchers:
JBJ is my favorite Red Sox position player, and he acquitted himself well in his first appearance on the mound last month.

---------- Post added 08-02-22 at 06:06 ----------

Less than a full day left before the trade deadline. Interesting times ahead.

---------- Post added 08-02-22 at 06:07 ----------

Less than a full day left before the trade deadline. Interesting times ahead.
08-02-2022, 03:37 AM   #318
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
. . . Less than a full day left before the trade deadline. Interesting times ahead.
also waiting for the end of the trading period later today

hoping a certain team doesn't get better through trades

well, they didn't, the guys went to the Padres instead

Cubs didn't trade Contreras, an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season

or Happ who is under contract for 1 more year

did trade their closer Robinson and another reliever Givens, each for pitchers in the minor leagues

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-02-2022 at 04:27 PM.
08-06-2022, 08:20 PM - 2 Likes   #319
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mets scored a run tonight on a suicide squeeze by their catcher, who is a terrible hitter.

I can't remember the last time I saw that play.

08-07-2022, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #320
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

about 60 games left in the regular season, and lots of opportunities to grab wildcard slots are making for an exciting August. Between some poor play and dealing some of my favorite 2018 World Series veterans, my own team is giving me fits, but I haven't given up hope. With any luck, I'll get to Fenway to see a game before the season ends.
08-07-2022, 04:52 AM - 2 Likes   #321
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
photos I took at the Cubs v Giants Games in SF on 7 28, 7 29 and 7 30 are posted at various spots in the forums and can be found at my flickr.com account as well -

Cubs v Giants 7 28 22 | Flickr

Out at the plate 7 29 22 | Flickr

Score it 1 - 3 Cubs v Giants 7 30 22 | Flickr

play at the plate 7 30 22

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pre69cubfan/albums/72177720300971397

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-07-2022 at 05:12 AM.
08-07-2022, 06:31 AM - 2 Likes   #322
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
about 60 games left in the regular season, and lots of opportunities to grab wildcard slots are making for an exciting August. Between some poor play and dealing some of my favorite 2018 World Series veterans, my own team is giving me fits, but I haven't given up hope. With any luck, I'll get to Fenway to see a game before the season ends.
My team has had too many injuries to count. Kiermaier, Wander Franco, Zunino, Rasmussen, Ramirez, Fleming, Wisler, Mejia, Baz and I don't even know how many more. Most in the majors last I knew. That they're still in it is testament to the system, but without some of these guys healing and getting back on the active roster I'm not seeing them there much past the first round if even that.

Know what's crazy though? The strength of the AL East from top to bottom! Every team is good.

08-09-2022, 11:30 AM   #323
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jeeeeez...

Red Sox starter Chris Sale broke his right wrist in a biking accident Saturday and underwent surgery Monday, the team announced. Sale will miss the rest of the 2022 season but is expected to be ready for the start of spring training in 2023.

On Saturday afternoon, Sale was riding his bike to pick up lunch near his house when he hit something going down a hill and flew off the bike, according to Red Sox chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom. Sale reached out to team head athletic trainer Brad Pearson, who went and tended to Sale. Two days later, Sale underwent and “open reduction and internal fixation of a right distal radius (wrist) fracture.”

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2022/08/chris-sale-breaks-wrist-in-biking-ac...ox-season.html
08-09-2022, 05:35 PM   #324
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Jeeeeez...

Red Sox starter Chris Sale broke his right wrist in a biking accident Saturday and underwent surgery Monday, the team announced. Sale will miss the rest of the 2022 season but is expected to be ready for the start of spring training in 2023.

On Saturday afternoon, Sale was riding his bike to pick up lunch near his house when he hit something going down a hill and flew off the bike, according to Red Sox chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom. Sale reached out to team head athletic trainer Brad Pearson, who went and tended to Sale. Two days later, Sale underwent and “open reduction and internal fixation of a right distal radius (wrist) fracture.”

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2022/08/chris-sale-breaks-wrist-in-biking-ac...ox-season.html
Money well spent on Sale’s contract, maybe he’ll play a full season before it expires.

I am holding on until this homestand ends before I call it the end of the season for 5he Red Sox. As long as we don’t get swept 🧹 by the Yankees, I will be happy.
08-09-2022, 08:26 PM - 1 Like   #325
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Money well spent on Sale’s contract, maybe he’ll play a full season before it expires.

I am holding on until this homestand ends before I call it the end of the season for 5he Red Sox. As long as we don’t get swept �� by the Yankees, I will be happy.
As a fan, it is very annoying to watch your team sign a player to a big contract only to have that player miss so much time with injuries, especially when some of them are self-inflicted.

The Mets signs Yoenis Cespedes to 5 years' worth of contracts, and he only appeared in 40% of the games.

Right now, though, I'm ticked off at the Sox for pitching to MVP-candidate Austin Riley with 2 on and 1st base open... Riley singles in 2 runs. Then the Sox intentionally walk the next batter, who isn't nearly as good.

Last edited by luftfluss; 08-10-2022 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Typo
08-09-2022, 08:38 PM   #326
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tonight, Cardinals starter Miles Mikolas gave up 10 runs on 14 hits in just 2 2/3 innings.
08-10-2022, 02:28 AM   #327
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Cardinals starter Miles Mikolas gave up 10 runs on 14 hits in just 2 2/3 innings
Ouch!
08-10-2022, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #328
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mariners beat the Yankees 1-0 in 13 innings last night, which is pretty wild.

But, what's even more wild is the Yankees ran themselves into 6 outs on the basepaths... 5 of them in extra innings!

- Caught stealing 2B in the 8th
- Picked off trying to steal 3B in the 10th. Yankees had 1st & 2nd with nobody out, runners left early on the double-steal attempt
- Line drive to 2B in the 11th, runner doubled-off 2B
- Groundball to Pitcher in the 12th, runner at 2B caught in a rundown between 2B & 3B, tagged out... then the hitter was thrown out at 2B trying to advance - ump called him out for running outside the basepath
08-10-2022, 04:13 PM   #329
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After the Red Sox, my next favorite team is the team the is beating the Yankees
08-10-2022, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #330
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup, I feel ya

I rooted like crazy for the Sox in 2004. Not only knocking off the Yankees in historic fashion, but also sweeping the Cardinals...