Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #781
Pentaxian

Talking of stupid:

Just read the story of a shop which had to throw away thousands worth of groceries because a female person came in and did nothing else than cough all over the complete offering.

In a city here there were a couple of morons still meeting on a parking lot and other people asked them to disperse. The morons then reacted by avtively coughing at everyone who walked about there.

This type of report makes me really angry. And I remember a sentence from a sheriff I also just read: „The educational phase is over“.
Rightfully so.

03-26-2020, 07:55 AM - 1 Like   #782
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Indeed!

Some of us are just sad & upset that the stupider members of the herd are being allowed to infect the rest of us and to wreak economic havoc.
This reminds me of my economics studies (business management in the late 90's) where we learned that times had changed in that way that not the large companies eat the small ones but those who are quicker eat the slower ones. Just like in our current situation, people who act quickly (and adapt) have better chances getting through this.
03-26-2020, 08:24 AM   #783
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We are coming into major allergy season her in Pennsylvania. I have a massive allergy to tree pollen and molds, therefore I cough, sneeze, wheeze, itch and hack my way through until late May. My prescription meds help, but not enough. So now, when I am forced to go grocery shopping, wearing an improvised mask and a pair of nitrile gloves, people glare at me like I’m Typhoid Mary. My wife is a severe asthmatic and we are both diabetics, the last thing I want is to bring home this stupid bug. That said, nobody is volunteering to keep us fed and in medicine, so I have to go out occasionally.
03-26-2020, 09:18 AM   #784
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
We are coming into major allergy season her in Pennsylvania. I have a massive allergy to tree pollen and molds, therefore I cough, sneeze, wheeze, itch and hack my way through until late May. My prescription meds help, but not enough. So now, when I am forced to go grocery shopping, wearing an improvised mask and a pair of nitrile gloves, people glare at me like I’m Typhoid Mary. My wife is a severe asthmatic and we are both diabetics, the last thing I want is to bring home this stupid bug. That said, nobody is volunteering to keep us fed and in medicine, so I have to go out occasionally.
I got slammed by allergies a few days ago working in the yard... a prolonged spate of sneezes that made it nearly impossible to breathe. Fortunately a couple hours indoors "cured" me.

My wife, too, has severe "underlying conditions". I'm worried about myself, but much more so for her. COVID-19 is in our town, and 200+ confirmed cases within a 30 minute drive.

I still feel lucky, though. I can go out and walk in the woods, go to a couple of local ponds... easy to avoid other people, just gotta mind allergies and ticks.

03-26-2020, 11:00 AM   #785
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Just read the story of a shop which had to throw away thousands worth of groceries because a female person came in and did nothing else than cough all over the complete offering.
Yes, I read that too. Apparently 35K worth of produce was disposed of though the woman in question wasn't believed to have CoViD-19, but she has been a problem in that community before. I smell a lawsuit.
03-26-2020, 11:29 AM - 2 Likes   #786
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I smell a lawsuit.
Nasty as I am: I hope for a lawsuit.

And I just read one positive thing to lighten spirits: In Rimini, Italy there seems to be a case of a man who survived the Covid-19 ordeal in hospital - he is said to be 101 years old, born in 1919. Applause. I wish him and all others well and many more years.
03-26-2020, 12:55 PM   #787
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
That's very unfortunate. Buying groceries for others is no additional risk if you stick to the rules. Just put it at the doorstep, ring the bell or text and step back. I have offered my help to others when I went to the supermarket the last time but noone needed my help (or was willing to accept help).

03-26-2020, 12:58 PM   #788
bxf
Veteran Member

You would be surprised. There is a market for just about everything...including people who enjoy ouzo.
Apparently you are right.

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
Ouzo is just fine when eating stuffed grape leaves and other Greek dishes.
Ouzo reminds of the goo I used to find on myself after hanging around pine trees when I was a kid.
03-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #789
Pentaxian

I smell a lawsuit.
That is good anosmia is a big sign of the virus.
03-26-2020, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #790
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
And I just read one positive thing to lighten spirits: In Rimini, Italy there seems to be a case of a man who survived the Covid-19 ordeal in hospital - he is said to be 101 years old, born in 1919. Applause. I wish him and all others well and many more years.
The guy probably smoked, drank and chased women all his days too.
03-26-2020, 01:23 PM   #791
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
That is good anosmia is a big sign of the virus.
It's also one of the earliest signs of Alzheimer's.
03-26-2020, 01:29 PM - 4 Likes   #792
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote

"For these are my mountains and this is my glen"
I used to date a woman who said that, while gesturing to her body from shoulders to thighs.

One of many I dated that I miss . . . . . . . . .
03-26-2020, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #793
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I used to date a woman who said that, while gesturing to her body from shoulders to thighs.

One of many I dated that I miss . . . . . . . . .
For some strange reason the song "Loch Lomond" just popped into my mind.
03-26-2020, 01:34 PM - 2 Likes   #794
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
For some strange reason the song "Loch Lomond" just popped into my mind.
Ya mean the one about the dead guy getting home first? (Taking the low road...)
03-26-2020, 01:36 PM   #795
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Ya, that's the one.
Closed Thread