QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
and he didn't use some of the wipes to hold the books, did he
No, he didn't.

04-01-2020, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #1187
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The problem is that even now we have only the story that the Chinese want us to know about COVID and their glorious success in dealing with it. The reality is that it probably was way more devastating than they wanted the rest of the world to know, which is part of the reason that people took it as casually as they did. My guess is that Hubei was a lot more similar to NYC than it was different.
What the Chinese don't want us to know is that they created this virus in a lab and:
A. It got away from them
or
B. They released it intentionally.
04-01-2020, 05:08 PM - 2 Likes   #1188
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I thought that number was much higher than that.
I don't think anyone knows, do they? Based on testing on cruise lines, they estimate about 18 percent of people with the virus have minimal symptoms. But that percentage may be higher for children (which weren't on the cruise ships). But the only way to know for sure is to test everyone, even asymptomatic people and we don't have adequate testing capabilities and so at this point testing is reserved for symptomatic people. And Celebrities and politicians.

---------- Post added 04-01-20 at 08:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
What the Chinese don't want us to know is that they created this virus in a lab and:
A. It got away from them
or
I'm not saying that. I'm really not a conspiracy theorist.

But I do think things were much worse there than they let on at the time or will tell even now. I'm guessing the actual number of infected was at least twice the official number they listed.
04-01-2020, 05:13 PM - 2 Likes   #1189
PDL
Pentaxian

The use of Latex gloves is not any different that using bare hands. If you touch something that has the virus, then there is the possibility of spreading the virus to either yourself (i.e. touching your face with contaminated gloves) or touching something else and leaving behind the virus.

---------- Post added 04-01-20 at 05:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
A. It got away from them
or
That conspiracy theory has been thoroughly disproved by the CDC, WHO and other organizations. Please refrain from spreading false information.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/17/covid-19-coronavirus-did-no.../#3a5f05cb3728
https://bgr.com/2020/03/19/coronavirus-update-covid-19-is-a-natural-evolution-not-man-made/
https://www.health24.com/Medical/Infectious-diseases/Coronavirus/new-coronav...firms-20200319
https://www.sify.com/finance/is-coronavirus-man-made-heres-what-scientists-h...b4fgbgbfj.html

PS: the name of the virus is SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19 is the disease that it causes.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 04-02-2020 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Removed quoted post that was deleted. I'm about to stop this car!!
04-01-2020, 05:15 PM   #1190
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think anyone knows, do they? Based on testing on cruise lines, they estimate about 18 percent of people with the virus have minimal symptoms. But that percentage may be higher for children (which weren't on the cruise ships). But the only way to know for sure is to test everyone, even asymptomatic people and we don't have adequate testing capabilities and so at this point testing is reserved for symptomatic people. And Celebrities and politicians.

---------- Post added 04-01-20 at 08:09 PM ----------

I'm not saying that. I'm really not a conspiracy theorist.

But I do think things were much worse there than they let on at the time or will tell even now. I'm guessing the actual number of infected was at least twice the official number they listed.
but can we really trust the numbers from anywhere

I have my doubts

either done deliberately or from lack of necessary testing so those infected have or will escape detection
04-01-2020, 05:18 PM   #1191
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not saying that
I realize that. I'm saying it though.
04-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #1192
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
The use of Latex gloves is not any different that using bare hands. If you touch something that has the virus, then there is the possibility of spreading the virus to either yourself (i.e. touching your face with contaminated gloves) or touching something else and leaving behind the virus. . . . .
not sure how much protection is given by gloves regardless of type
QuoteQuote:
GLOVE TYPE DEFINITION ADVANTAGE PROTECTION LEVEL
Latex Gloves Made of natural rubber Highest comfort, flexibility, fit and tactile sensitivity Bacteria, viruses
Nitrile Gloves Made of synthetic material Stretchy, durable Chemicals, viruses
Vinyl Gloves Made of synthetic material, sometimes referred to as synthetic Cost-efficient synthetic option, comfortable Chemicals
Disposable Gloves Guide | Nitrile vs Latex vs Vinyl | AvaCare Medical

but if they are one time use and do provide protection, you can remove them without touching the outside of the gloves

04-01-2020, 05:21 PM - 4 Likes   #1193
Pentaxian

Original Poster
hello pentaxiani, I always write from Italy. Things are getting better after three weeks of isolation, (in some small areas) it's five weeks. We still have many deaths but in decline. I repeat not to look at the infected, they depend only on the number of tests and tests for all it is not possible to do them. However, quarantine conditions have been extended for another two weeks today. They will be tough for those who don't work. And the problem will be how to start again. Many rapid tests must be ready to find symptomatic and especially non-symptomatic infections. There is talk of apps that identify people as in China and Korea. Very bad but I still don't see many alternatives. After a month there can be many social problems. Hold on in the USA and other countries. Everyone underestimated, even those who wrote at the beginning of the topic. Now we must look ahead. Until next time. Good luck.

I forgot. Forget about WHO, in Italy they have done very badly. It was they who should have advised better, they waited and at the beginning helped to minimize. It is long and difficult to explain in English, and then what good is it. Use your head, but be wary of the experts. Compare more experts. Not everyone says the same things.
04-01-2020, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #1194
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I thought that number was much higher than that.
Up to 25% of people with COVID-19 may not show symptoms | Live Science
04-01-2020, 05:32 PM   #1195
Pentaxian

Original Poster
a study in Italy has shown up to 70%. I talked about some posts back. A small country of 3000 people has been isolated and all tests have been done. The sample is small but very reliable.
04-01-2020, 05:36 PM   #1196
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nonpigliounoshoot Quote
I forgot. Forget about WHO, in Italy they have done very badly. It was they who should have advised better, they waited and at the beginning helped to minimize. It is long and difficult to explain in English, and then what good is it. Use your head, but be wary of the experts. Compare more experts. Not everyone says the same things.
The WHO has had and is having issues convincing the powers that be in most countries that this was/is a problem. They have stated that they are more interested in what is going on in the "non developed" countries than the "developed countries". Italy and the US are prime examples where both countries have said to the WHO that "we can take care of our selves" and in the US where the powers that be stated that the whole thing was/is a hoax.
04-01-2020, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #1197
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nonpigliounoshoot Quote
a study in Italy has shown up to 70%. I talked about some posts back. A small country of 3000 people has been isolated and all tests have been done. The sample is small but very reliable.
Can you post the link? Found the report through google. The 70% number relates to asymptomatic people and people not yet showing symptoms. The 25% figure relates to people never showing symptoms.
04-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #1198
PDL
Pentaxian

but can we really trust the numbers from anywhere

I have my doubts

either done deliberately or from lack of necessary testing so those infected have or will escape detection
Failure of leadership - simple as that.
04-01-2020, 05:45 PM   #1199
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
Failure of leadership - simple as that.
to me it's Aesop's Fables - " the boy who cried wolf "

that comes to mind

loss of credibility
04-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #1200
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Can you post the link? Found the report through google. The 70% number relates to asymptomatic people and people not yet showing symptoms. The 25% figure relates to people never showing symptoms.
Not a country, but a village in Italy. From the Daily Mail - sorry.
Coronavirus Italy: Town stopped outbreak by testing rigorously | Daily Mail Online

---------- Post added 04-01-20 at 05:47 PM ----------

to me it's Aesop's Fables - " the boy who cried wolf "

that comes to mind

loss of credibility
As in Hoax, Hoax, Hoax everything is a hoax?
Closed Thread