and returned on the previous night!

04-08-2020, 05:31 PM   #1712
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
04-08-2020, 05:58 PM   #1713
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As well as your one Mark,there are lots more with the same theme.

Seeing yours is in the Aussie thread(you trespasser!) I'll put up the most recent and it delves back quite a few years.

Are these believable and all 100% true? Only the maker knows,but biological warfare isn't pleasant and motives exist.
04-08-2020, 07:13 PM   #1714
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
As well as your one Mark,there are lots more with the same theme.

Seeing yours is in the Aussie thread(you trespasser!) I'll put up the most recent and it delves back quite a few years.

Are these believable and all 100% true? Only the maker knows,but biological warfare isn't pleasant and motives exist.
1st documentary movie on the origin of CCP virus, Tracking Down the Origin of the Wuhan Coronavirus - YouTube
I'm immediately dubious considering the fact that this has been produced by The Epoch Times - and organisation which I won't describe as free from bias. Having said that, I would invite viewers to skip ahead to the 17min50sec mark as the following part makes for very interesting viewing.

04-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #1715
Inactive Account

And I thought we (they) learned (anything?).
Who knows, next pandemic we might have something as easy to infected as COVID-19 + airborne + as deadly as Ebola. And some people higher up in the government over there will do their best to suppress those speak out (again) in an early stage of the outbreak so the local and international communities can get to enjoy the pandemic...again..right?

The next time I hear an outbreak rummer, I will take it as 100% true and start stock up the toilet paper, face mask and hand sanitize for real!!!

News: Wuhan Is Returning to Life. So Are Its Disputed Wet Markets - Bloomberg

Video:

Note: Video and news are from difference source but the same topic.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 04-09-2020 at 12:01 AM.
04-08-2020, 07:56 PM   #1716
Pentaxian

Wuhan has reopened, however there is another Chinese town/city that's just gone into severe lockdown.

The US government statements are promising this morning(here)...evening @ Washington.
04-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #1717
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Every NZ Citizen or Resident coming into NZ, and any visitor (not that many visitors are allowed at the moment) will automatically be quarantined from midnight tonight.
NZ is doing well - only 29 new cases announced today even though testing has ramped up to 4,000 tests per day.

There is the advantage of NZ having a big moat around the country, as our PM pointed out today.

04-08-2020, 08:19 PM - 7 Likes   #1718
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Every NZ Citizen or Resident coming into NZ, and any visitor (not that many visitors are allowed at the moment) will automatically be quarantined from midnight tonight.
NZ is doing well - only 29 new cases announced today even though testing has ramped up to 4,000 tests per day.

There is the advantage of NZ having a big moat around the country, as our PM pointed out today.
Mark,the U.K. similarly has a moat,albeit a smaller one than yours!It doesn't help unless you control who you allow across the drawbridge (as a lifelong liberal I can't believe I just wrote that).

NZ has the advantage of seeing what was happening elsewhere and introducing quarantin/lockdown pretty early and I sincerely hope it works for you guys.

Stay safe and well.
04-08-2020, 08:24 PM   #1719
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote

The next time I hear an outbreak rummer, I will take it as 100% true and start stock up the toilet paper, face mask and hand sanitize for real!!!

News: Wuhan Is Returning to Life. So Are Its Disputed Wet Markets - Bloomberg

Video:
Dangerous exotic animal markets reopen in the heart of China's coronavirus birthplace - YouTube

Note: Video and news are from difference source but the same topic.
I’d keep them handy. Apparently climate change is going to unleash more viruses.
04-08-2020, 08:24 PM   #1720
Veteran Member

Well, in positive news, all 11 of Greenland's cases have required...
04-08-2020, 08:46 PM - 1 Like   #1721
Closed Account

India and Indonesia are 2 looming hot spots for COVID-19. Both have massive ( financially poor ) populations living in less than ideal conditions, serviced by very basic health systems only in the major cities. The stated number of cases from these countries are just not correct as testing is almost non-existent.
04-08-2020, 08:58 PM   #1722
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Mark,the U.K. similarly has a moat,albeit a smaller one than yours!It doesn't help unless you control who you allow across the drawbridge (as a lifelong liberal I can't believe I just wrote that).

NZ has the advantage of seeing what was happening elsewhere and introducing quarantin/lockdown pretty early and I sincerely hope it works for you guys.

Stay safe and well.
Thanks Tim. You too.
04-08-2020, 09:07 PM - 3 Likes   #1723
Pentaxian

Today's good news story (OK I'll admit I'm clutching at straws a bit here!)

Coronavirus: Lockdown 'could boost wild flowers' - BBC News
04-08-2020, 09:37 PM   #1724
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Things here in the US have been looking a bit better of late, in terms of forecasted fatalities. The less grim outlook is being attributed primarily to a higher-than-expected level of compliance with social distancing guidelines.
04-08-2020, 11:04 PM   #1725
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Things here in the US have been looking a bit better of late, in terms of forecasted fatalities. The less grim outlook is being attributed primarily to a higher-than-expected level of compliance with social distancing guidelines.
Ive been watching the committee report for last few days, it seems things are flattening.I hope that continues and USA can get back to normal soonish.Oztralia is flattening too,the surf happens to be too flat!
Closed Thread