Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2020, 05:55 AM - 2 Likes   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I recently sent some gear to Poland, and it is very delayed - tracking indicates it's disappeared.

I continue to ship with confidence within the continental USA; but because of recent hiccups sending outside of the USA, I will no longer ship anything internationally in the future. It's not just the shipping, but International requires me to go to my local post office. It's usually quite crowded and poorly ventilated - a cesspool of corona virus if I ever saw one.

06-15-2020, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #92
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I recently sent some gear to Poland, and it very delayed and tracking indicates it's disappeared.

I continue to ship with confidence within the continental USA, but because of recent hiccups, I will no longer ship anything internationally.
on the flipside of that, I wasn't thinking about shipping issues when I purchased a lens from Berlin and the seller found that Deutsche Post would not take the package....

thankfully, UPS is handling international shipping and it should arrive today...
06-16-2020, 09:26 AM - 3 Likes   #93
Pentaxian

The disruption in passenger travel has to be disrupting packages. Ever seen a USPS plane? No, they contract with passenger carriers to fly packages. The Southwest website lists five states with some disruption to normal service. In some cases it doesn't seem to directly affect freight, such as a 14 day quarantine if you fly from New York to Florida or anywhere to Rhode Island. But even if the planes could load and unload cargo without any people, Southwest is going to cut flights because passengers can't travel the same. Southwest is just a convenient example; all the other passenger carriers have the same problem. Restrictions change with every state official press conference. International passenger travel is much worse. How anyone expects undelayed normal service is the only surprise to me.
06-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
OK, there seems to be some frustration mounting about a shipment from Alaska. I get it, especially these days with the standard of shipping we have become accustomed to, and now things aren't working well with delays. With people getting ill, businesses are suddenly stuck having to deal with labor loss, and some with added need for fulfillment due to increased online purchasing as a way to avoid exposure to the virus.

But emotions appear to be escalating, and people are saying things they might not really mean.

Or not.

Either way, this is not the venue for petty bickering, or conjecture about what is happening inside the postal system when one has no actual knowledge about the situation other than the data available via the tracking application online.

I've made some edits, and respectfully ask everyone to move on.
Received a form letter from the post office, advising the following:

“Since your package hasn’t arrived in PA and has not been scanned in over seven days, you may go to the USPS website and file a missing mail claim.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 06-18-2020 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I said move on.
06-19-2020, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My CD from EU finally arrived today. It took seven weeks!

Chris
06-19-2020, 02:05 PM - 3 Likes   #96
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
My CD from EU finally arrived today. It took seven weeks!

Chris
Wow, the Mayflower only took 66 days. So much for progress.
06-21-2020, 05:31 PM - 2 Likes   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I mailed something to Finland, the recipient was told that everything is "delayed big time" by the local post office worker.
Has something to do with only one cargo plane per day flying?
06-27-2020, 04:18 PM - 2 Likes   #98
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Received a form letter from the post office, advising the following:

ďSince your package hasnít arrived in PA and has not been scanned in over seven days, you may go to the USPS website and file a missing mail claim.
COVID19 was not the culprit-

The long overdue Priority Mail package containing the DA* 300/4 shipped from Alaska to Pennsylvania on June 4th arrived this afternoon. Over $30 worth of postage and a tracking number showing as Priority Mail in USPS tracking.
LOOK at the photos- notice anything missing?? The clerk at the mailing PO never put a Priority Mail sticker or tape on the box!! So, the package went with all the bulk mail and Parcel Post. Ship and ground transportation instead of aircraft. Moral of the story-if paying for Priority Mail and the Post Office uses stamps because they donít have a label printer MAKE SURE they put a Priority Mail sticker on the box.

Attached Images