Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2020, 06:49 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Nice. Debating between a kindle and a kobo. Tbh, I mostly plan to buy books from Rocky Nook and they offer downloads for both...
I also puchased some ebooks from RockyNook. You can download an epub, kindle and pdf version and only pay the price for one. They are without DRM. I read the epub version on my iPad Pro using the App Marvin - of course in color. :-). Within the epub editor Sigil you can have a closer look at how these ebooks are made. ... apart from that I use the kindle app for amazon kindle book puchases.

03-27-2020, 06:55 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
I also puchased some ebooks from RockyNook. You can download an epub, kindle and pdf version and only pay the price for one. They are without DRM. I read the epub version on my iPad Pro using the App Marvin - of course in color. :-). Within the epub editor Sigil you can have a closer look at how these ebooks are made. ... apart from that I use the kindle app for amazon kindle book puchases.
I also use calibre as book manager. Open Source Software for Linux, MacOS and Windows. It also manages other stuff and you can convert between different non-DRM formats.
03-27-2020, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
I also use calibre as book manager. Open Source Software for Linux, MacOS and Windows. It also manages other stuff and you can convert between different non-DRM formats.
In addition I use Sigil and write my own epub documents. When I‘m retired I hope to find the time to write a photography related book. ;-)