Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2020, 01:50 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
That's a cool idea, especially if you could hide the tension mechanism so all anyone sees are the five strings.

I put in a fan for the attic space above my garage. The home builder put a vent in the gable end but never cut a hole for it on the inside. Weird, but that allowed me to cut a hole exactly the size of my fan. Some window screen to deter bugs, some 2x4s and electrical wiring, and the space might cool off faster. I had to hurry; it was getting up to 125F on sunny days when it was only 65F outside.

Another useful project.I used to be a Building Surveyor carrying out condition inspections of houses and,if possible,I scheduled inspections in the morning as,by early afternoon,roof spaces got to be like a sauna

04-24-2020, 06:16 AM   #62
Veteran Member

That's a cool idea, especially if you could hide the tension mechanism so all anyone sees are the five strings.
I was thinking about this - and I've come up with a neat way for one slightly bigger. The corner strings just need to be identical lengths (easy with chains of sort) - then the middle one can just be tightened with a eye-bolt. I don't have any chains or eye-bolts lying around, but I'll have to give it a try one day - maybe a coffee table of sorts.
04-29-2020, 11:44 AM - 4 Likes   #63
Pentaxian

First batch bottled,now see if I’m patient enough to wait 30 days!

04-29-2020, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
30 days is a long time.

05-03-2020, 07:56 PM - 2 Likes   #65
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Burned the last of the winter downfall we cut up a couple weeks ago.

05-04-2020, 04:16 PM - 2 Likes   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
25 days to go.

---------- Post added 05-04-20 at 04:26 PM ----------

Last week I took my jeep for a short drive in the mountains nearby. I noticed a (new) rattle coming from the rear of the jeep. When I parked it back in my shop, I found that the rear shock, lower bolts were loose enough to rattle. I fixed that and as a was pulling my tools out from under the vehicle, I saw a good sized nail in one of the back tires. I pulled out the nail and of course it went down. Well after I got the flat fixed, I realized that the nail looked like it had not been in the tire more than a few revolutions. So my project on Friday was to get my metal detector out and check the crushed rock area between the shop and the house. In an area about 70 feet by 50 feet, I found about a pound of various bits of wire, nails, screws, nuts bolts and a couple of coins and electrical knock out blanks. It passed an afternoon. Hopefully no more flats.
05-04-2020, 07:48 PM - 3 Likes   #67
Pentaxian

SMC Tak 135/3.5

Emergency project as my 3 year-old wouldn't budge about not being able to visit the park and playground near by... everytime we took a walk in the neighborhood, she can easily spot a random house with a slide or something in the back and throw a fit... had to just give it to her if we're going to have to be working from home until September as it seems.

05-06-2020, 02:25 PM - 3 Likes   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I couldn't wait that long. I managed to purchase beer today in a low-risk way, so the anxiety of watching the beer supply dwindle is gone.

I got caught up in restoring more of my antique woodworking tools to working condition, an on-and-off project for the last six months. This is today's success, a wood-bodied rabbet plane (rebate in UK, but US terms diverged after our Revolution). These look simple but small details have evolved over time to make them work better. For example, the shavings produced by the plane would quickly jam up if they didn't have an escape path. So the hole in the middle has a complex shape to bend, curl and eject the shavings.

A previous user screwed a metal guide plate to the side which stained them. It would look really nice refinished but I'm trying to resist doing that until they all work.
05-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #69
Pentaxian

I couldn't wait that long. I managed to purchase beer today in a low-risk way, so the anxiety of watching the beer supply dwindle is gone.
Don't worry I'm only brewing my own as a lockdown project and to supplement what I can buy on my weekly grocery run
05-07-2020, 01:59 AM - 1 Like   #70
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Be patient.

Drinking green beer will make you ill.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 05-27-2020 at 06:13 PM.
05-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #71
Pentaxian

Two new project in queue:

1. Rescue my lawn - small lawn, butI noticed that more than half of it is weeds! I did not know until now (1st Spring in this house)... so, I got some materials and will be working it throughout the season.

2. Regrout my main bathroom tile - my wife keeps making me clean the tiles saying there is mold... it is not mold, it is holes in the old grout. Again, I got my self some nice tools and materials that should be on their way.
05-07-2020, 04:50 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Garden cleanup and a few new plants installed. Continuing training on our newest Golden (smart and strong-willed...).
05-09-2020, 07:49 PM - 1 Like   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I cut my own hair, mostly. I needed my wife's help with the back. I used a trimmer I have for my beard, which had extra attachments. It looks fine, just shorter than my usual hair. I think it'll buy me 6-8 weeks before I need to either do it myself again or go somewhere.
05-17-2020, 09:09 PM - 3 Likes   #74
Pentaxian

A bit of yard improvements here...

Last edited by RoxnDox; 07-06-2020 at 08:21 PM.
05-27-2020, 01:20 PM   #75
PDL
Pentaxian

A few weeks ago I bought some wood planks and built my wife some hanging flower boxes. I had to break out quite a few of my tools, get the roof racks switched over from the Jag to the Subaru and actually move around the garage. Since then - nada.

We hand to cancel our vacation (I should be in Oslo today, bussing/driving around where the better half's family came from and London next week) so images are not happening. I haven't taken a image since the second of January - I have charged/swapped out the batteries. Otherwise the camera has been in the bag since January with no need to take it out.