Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2020, 02:32 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a Minox, too. I was looking at a Pentax and in reviews it was more or less a draw between both. Since the Minox was a bargain, a reduced sale, I took it and I am very happy with it. Awesome bright and sharp. However, would love to have a Pentax too.

@ChrisPlatt What was the issue with you Pentax?

It's a bit sad that there is no review section for binoculars and scopes.

06-05-2020, 12:54 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I do counts for Audubon and settled on 8x30 Leica Ultravids a few years ago and love them. At the time you could get them 'certified pre-owned' at a good price reduction. There are so many factors that go into binocular choice. I tend to go for the x30s for small size, light weight, ergonomics and wide field of view. They are easy to hold one-handed. They are also bright for x30's, too, but not the best for eye glasses. Top of the line binoculars have gotten insanely expensive.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
binocular, binoculars, brands, brightness, distortion, enjoyment, experience, fov, joy, knob, list, monarch, monarchs, optics, pentax, pocket, post, victory, view, zeiss