Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
05-31-2020, 02:06 PM - 7 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No escape...

There are endless political rants, discussions, etc. on facebook, in my house, on TV, even on Nextdoor, where it should be prohibited strongly to divide neighbors. I'm soo sick and overloaded.

The only escape is here. Thank you. No. THANK YOU.

The only refuge I can have right now...
This is probably the first time ever I deeply appreciate it.

05-31-2020, 02:29 PM - 9 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

I know what you mean.

At first it seems like there is no escape....

...but really it's just here at PF.

05-31-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
bertwert :lol:
05-31-2020, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

To calm myself, I try to imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie.

05-31-2020, 03:39 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
To calm myself, I try to imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie.
Or....to put it another way.........

06-02-2020, 05:49 AM - 3 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had friends ask "what's wrong with you?" I have stopped watching the news completely. I browse through online headlines of some national sites and also our local newspaper's site and then move on to something far less stress inducing. Back in January, my doctor put me on blood pressure meds which was reading high despite a very strong exercise routine. I was still getting BP readings of 140's / high 80's on average. Turning off the TV except for streaming Netflix etc, my BP for the last month has been in the 110's/70's on average.

I have read several articles recently about how the covid 19 lockdown has induced a lot of stress and anxiety. Add to that the events of the past few days and things are compounded if you constantly feed your mind with the fear and anxiety inducing barrage of the media. No, I'm not playing! I do my workout, work in my garden and landscaping, spend some time browsing posted photos and basically just do what I feel like. It's good for you.
06-02-2020, 07:55 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I have had friends ask "what's wrong with you?" I have stopped watching the news completely. I browse through online headlines of some national sites and also our local newspaper's site and then move on to something far less stress inducing. Back in January, my doctor put me on blood pressure meds which was reading high despite a very strong exercise routine. I was still getting BP readings of 140's / high 80's on average. Turning off the TV except for streaming Netflix etc, my BP for the last month has been in the 110's/70's on average.

I have read several articles recently about how the covid 19 lockdown has induced a lot of stress and anxiety. Add to that the events of the past few days and things are compounded if you constantly feed your mind with the fear and anxiety inducing barrage of the media. No, I'm not playing! I do my workout, work in my garden and landscaping, spend some time browsing posted photos and basically just do what I feel like. It's good for you.
Interesting post about BP and news. I think there well could be a link.

A famous comedian, Norm MacDonald once said when ('50's/'60's) he was a kid growing up there were two sources of news. The local paper and the half hour local TV station news at 6 PM that covered local, national and international news in 30 minutes a day...that would be a 24 hour day..

Now we have a ton of 24/7 news-talk TV that blanket the airwaves. His point, do we need more than 30 minutes a day of 'news' .

06-02-2020, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Right now, for the first time in my life, I'm actually grateful for the mental health condition that I've lived with since I was a teenager. It gives me the option of assuming that I must have gone mad again, because the actual world couldn't possibly be as messed up as it seems to be right now.
06-02-2020, 04:06 PM - 3 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Although my routine did not change much with the lock down, only my closet and fridge suddenly became packed ))), I feel like it did take a part of my sanity. Not immediately, but gradually with time. I became too sensitive to the bad news, I can't stand stupidity any more. Like I lost big part of my inner resource, and can get stressed easier than before. Or, as people call it, I became more fragile.

Ones again photography pulls me out of stress with clean from bull photo forum. I'm telling you, even knitting, knitting! forum now is so politicized.

Last edited by micromacro; 06-02-2020 at 04:13 PM.