Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
06-14-2020, 06:30 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Canada

For sending your weather this way

Record cold for Syracuse in June | WSYR

I'll take it over the sticky heat we're going to have mid-week to weekend...

06-14-2020, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We had the same weather here the night before. It's Canada's secret weapon. If the U.S. ever invades us we'll just freeze your sorry derriere's.

OK so after last night are you going to take down those softwood lumber tariffs or do we have to do it again?
06-14-2020, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Canada

Thanks for the cool weather.

Please send more in July and August.

TIA,
USA
06-14-2020, 06:58 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
We had the same weather here the night before. It's Canada's secret weapon. If the U.S. ever invades us we'll just freeze your sorry derriere's.

OK so after last night are you going to take down those softwood lumber tariffs or do we have to do it again?
Pay the tariffs, or we keep sending wrung out hurricanes...

Kirk B.

06-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

42° is quite warm... it's not very common to get up to 35° here.

Oh. You mean Fahrenheit

That's about 6° C, which is what it is outside now. We're happy to share however.
06-14-2020, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Canada: The USA's central air conditioner.
06-14-2020, 08:28 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote

Please get that delivered to Germany. It's almost 30ºC with summer storms here and lab work is getting to "nope" levels.

06-14-2020, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

You're quite welcome..

In May/June of this year we've had a few nights below freezing, and some frost warnings. There was a frost warning this past week and chances are that the mercury dipped below 32 degrees one night. In June !!

It's a pain as I have to move my wife's plants in and out of the garage during these times. The plants that are more susceptible to dips below the freezing mark she grows in large planters, the ones that are not so susceptible are grown in the garden.

But it is much less of a pain to move the heavy plant planters in and out of the safety of the warmer garage when I use our nifty, 2 wheeler wheelbarrow..

As a result, I'll give the States a thank you in return because a few years ago, we bought an American wheelbarrow...the Worx. It has two wheels, which add significant stability, the design of the thing, make it lighter and easier for me as an old geezer with shoulder arthritis to move around big and heavy items, in addition to soil.. The wheelbarrow can be converted to a push wheeler, snow plow and do all sorts of things. I use it to bring in grocery bags, boxes, heavy stuff from our SUV, etc. It's very easy to clean with a fast blast of water.

But I mostly like it as the design makes it so much easier to move heavy stuff...with very good stability...compared to our former one wheel wheelbarrows. Nope I don't have stock in the company, I just have what feels to be an old body and every easy way helps and boy can I can move heavy garden planters quickly .
06-14-2020, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For those interested in global climatic weather conditions, here's a useful reference: Climate Reanalyzer

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Please get that delivered to Germany. It's almost 30ºC with summer storms here and lab work is getting to "nope" levels.
I would highly recommend that you consider doing some outdoor field lab work in central Canada in January or February. It's cooler then.

- Craig
06-14-2020, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
For those interested in global climatic weather conditions, here's a useful reference: Climate Reanalyzer

I would highly recommend that you consider doing some outdoor field lab work in central Canada in January or February. It's cooler then.

- Craig
You mean like all the auto companies that used to test their cars in Kapuskasing Ontario when it was 40 below?
06-14-2020, 08:43 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote

- Craig
Unfortunately my experiments are exclusively indoors... and I'm not THAT cold-proof . Winter is not a problem, we sit at a comfortable 0ºC or so most of the time and this area is neither rainy nor windy* so it's all good.

*Okay, for my Atlantic standards of rain all day everyday and winds of 150 km/h not being uncommon.
06-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote

It’s our pleasure. Anything we can do for our southern neighbours.
06-14-2020, 08:48 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You mean like all the auto companies that used to test their cars in Kapuskasing Ontario when it was 40 below?
General Motors operates their Cold Weather Development Centre in Kap. Brrrr.
06-14-2020, 09:06 AM   #14
Pentaxian

If the U.S. ever invades us we'll just freeze your sorry derriere's.
Is that anything to do with London, Ontario ? (Think about it ...)
06-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Is that anything to do with London, Ontario ? (Think about it ...)
Sorry, that's over my head.
I've been to London a number of times and spent a couple of nights there, a year ago and I still don't get it. It's a snow belt. Not as cold as where we are, but, they can just send them snow instead of cold. It's just as bad.

Last edited by normhead; 06-14-2020 at 10:02 AM.