Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 144 Likes Search this Thread
06-28-2020, 11:30 PM - 2 Likes   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
What? He has a total of 118 posts so he can't possibly have 'literally hundreds of anti-Pentax comments.' Stop exaggerating. This guy is a small squeaky wheel.

Maybe they allow what he says because they don't have such thin skins. Or maybe it would be difficult to police considering how tribal people can be. I see Sony tribe saying negative things about Canon users, Canon saying negative things about Nikon, Nikon users saying negative things about Canon. There isn't some conspiracy to bash Pentax. We should probably all lighten up a little and just accept our favorite products aren't at the center of the universe.

As example, I clicked the first random link on the DPR front page (happened to be for an Olympus m4/3rds body) and went to the comments, then sorted by 'Most popular.' Behold (in the screenshot). Every tribe thinks they're the victim.
I am afraid the number of posts isn't telling everything. He is more active in comments to individual articles where he responds to pretty much everyone who makes a positive comment to Pentax product.

He also injects other brand forums witn negative info on Pentax

Forum Stats
Total messages 118
Comment Stats
Total comments 776

Only on the last article about Ricoh introducing the D-FA85 he has 31 comments/responses
I have copied all the comments on this article and tried to highlight his responses (see attachment) for anyone interested. If you feel this is too much, I am happy to delete this reply
dpthoughts.docx

In the comments to D-FA85 he claims:
Pentax AF is too bad for shallow depth of field lenses
There are no Pentax pro portrait photographers
All manufacturers abandoned Pentax
Pentax doesn't have the skills to make reliable product
etc...

NOTE: he is NOT the most active but seems to deliberately target everyone who posts positively about Pentax product

Last edited by davidsladek; 06-28-2020 at 11:55 PM.
06-28-2020, 11:43 PM - 1 Like   #62
Pentaxian

What? He has a total of 118 posts so he can't possibly have 'literally hundreds of anti-Pentax comments.' Stop exaggerating. This guy is a small squeaky wheel.

Maybe they allow what he says because they don't have such thin skins. Or maybe it would be difficult to police considering how tribal people can be. I see Sony tribe saying negative things about Canon users, Canon saying negative things about Nikon, Nikon users saying negative things about Canon. There isn't some conspiracy to bash Pentax. We should probably all lighten up a little and just accept our favorite products aren't at the center of the universe.

As example, I clicked the first random link on the DPR front page (happened to be for an Olympus m4/3rds body) and went to the comments, then sorted by 'Most popular.' Behold (in the screenshot). Every tribe thinks they're the victim.
Exaggerating? Aren't you quick to defend that guy?
As you were already told, it's comments and not posts; and he literally has hundreds of anti-Pentax comments. Don't argue with me without properly checking.

FYI, talking about conspiracies and Pentax not being the center of the universe when we didn't said anything of that sort is rude.
06-28-2020, 11:58 PM - 6 Likes   #63
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi folks. Please don't allow a troll on another site have us bickering among ourselves. Stay calm. Thanks.
06-29-2020, 12:23 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi folks. Please don't allow a troll on another site have us bickering among ourselves. Stay calm. Thanks.
I second that. This should be about understanding the root cause and also the impact. And there are two sides to both: objective and subjective. Both can be discussed in good spirit and culture

06-29-2020, 12:38 AM - 1 Like   #65
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
I am afraid the number of posts isn't telling everything. He is more active in comments to individual articles where he responds to pretty much everyone who makes a positive comment to Pentax product.

Forum Stats
Total messages 118
Comment Stats
Total comments 776

Only on the last article about Ricoh introducing the D-FA85 he has 31 comments/responses
I have copied all the comments on this article and tried to highlight his responses (see attachment) for anyone interested. If you feel this is too much, I am happy to delete this reply
Attachment 501082

etc...

NOTE: he is NOT the most active but seems to deliberately target everyone who posts positively about Pentax product
Thanks for that .docx Dave. I had been thinking about popping over to that site for a look for a while but I won't bother now. Pretty sad that that type of bickering is what photography sites are resorting to now. I guess that tech has plateaued a bit at the mo and most of the interesting stuff has already been covered. I think here in PF we are in a bit of a rut too. Don't worry about losing potential newbies to that rubbish talk. They wouldn't persevere with that thread. And anyone with any experience will see thru the rubbish.
06-29-2020, 12:39 AM - 1 Like   #66
Pentaxian

. And there are two sides to both: objective and subjective. Both can be discussed in good spirit and culture
I thought with cameras the 2 sides were concave and convex objectives😀
06-29-2020, 02:35 AM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Forum Stats
Total messages 118
Comment Stats
Total comments 776

Attachment 501082

etc...

My last interaction with DPR. I'm the 'unknown user'. Good Riddance. The interesting thing about that is one or two ex users that used to be part of the community here have become really zealot like in their dislike of the Pentax brand, which is quite sad.

Last edited by robbiec; 06-29-2020 at 02:47 AM.
06-29-2020, 08:34 AM   #68
mee
Veteran Member

Forum Stats
Total messages 118
Comment Stats
Total comments 776

Attachment 501082

etc...

Good eye on the other posts as I missed that part. Yet my point stands, what do you expect to gain from attack threads about attackers such as the one we're in? You just perpetuate the perception that Pentaxians are thin skinned and crazy zealots. Who else gets multi page threads about negative postings? It's a trolls dream to get such a dedicated thread such as this one.

But the same level of critique that you're seeing in this guy happens in all brands over there. Go look at the comment sections of news articles. Every single one is rife with people championing their favorite gear at the expense of the others. The only issue is you spotted a dedicated one that doesn't seem to like Pentax. People have crazy biases to what they like. Some are more affected than others... you cannot reason with these people, only can ignore them and enjoy your day.

Now I'm going to go enjoy my day, I hope you do too.
06-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #69
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Who else gets multi page threads about negative postings? It's a trolls dream to get such a dedicated thread such as this one.
That's an excellent point.
This may be the first ever incidence of someone trolling us without ever making a post.
06-29-2020, 08:43 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But if you don't go there and don't debunk his intentions, all that people would read in the comments is dpthoughts hate talk.. Ricoh would seem like utter amateurs who cannot even build a tent and all their products either don't work or are made by others. I just don't understand why mods there do nothing about it
Face it, you can't reason with "STUPID" and this guys sounds like Pure "STUPID"!
06-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
BTW he is likely an active member of this forum (different username). Probably a guy from western Hamburg, Germany.
That was my thought too, has to be a member here who has in the past written a lot of derogatory remarks about the Pentax brand on this forum.
06-29-2020, 07:52 PM - 3 Likes   #72
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
This may be the first ever incidence of someone trolling us without ever making a post.
For this reason, the thread is now closed.
Closed Thread