Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 66 Likes Search this Thread
07-25-2020, 06:19 PM - 6 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
photolady95 aka Martha

Hello,
My name is Terri T.Mcdaniel i am a member here my mom got me started a few years ago into photography and i love it, i want to let all of you know my mom has been very sick for a long time now, she recently got to the point she could not do much of anything, im sorry to let you all know at this time she has passed away wed july 22nd simple went to sleep and did not return to me, i want all of you in this forum to know how much you all meant to her, i know she was on other forums from time to time but this is the one she talked about the most,mom left a camera for my oldest daughter and she has it now, so i think im going to see if she wants to join if that is ok, as we both want to keep up moms love of photography and learn to be the best at what she loved, if you have questions please feel free to pm me thank you all for being such good friends to her it was really appreciated after my dad passed she didn't have many friends

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 07-29-2020 at 07:24 PM.
07-25-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
Pentaxian

sorry for you and your family's loss and our loss here on PF......

if i am remembering correctly she enjoyed insects/macrophotography but NO spiders!!!! been told a time or two that they have their own page and do not belong in the insect thread!
07-25-2020, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Terri, sincere condolences to you and the family for your loss.
Please keep up your contact here, and having your daughter join would be wonderful.
You and the family are all in my thoughts.
07-25-2020, 06:50 PM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Terri. Sincere condolences to you and your family on your loss. I know I used to read her posts because she always had something to say that was worth taking notice of. Please stay involved here and encourage your daughter to as well. It is nice to have "Pentax families".

07-25-2020, 07:06 PM - 3 Likes   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Terri, your mother was an integral part of this forum for many years and she will be missed.
We would love to have you and your daughter continue her legacy.
07-25-2020, 07:14 PM - 7 Likes   #6

Original Poster
thank you all, yes that was my moms plan all of us with pentax camera's and she did it, my oldest now has hers, and i am setting up one for my granddaughter her great granddaughter when she is a bit older, mom started me with the K-x and after a bit moved me up to the K-30. she started my daughter with a K- 5 with two lens , im going through all moms lens and camera's and i have to say i really need her to tell me what all they do, i will not sell or get rid of any of the camera equipment in face i have already ordered some filters that she did not have or had for other lens small then what i have. all batterys have been charged and im getting shots in every chance i get,
07-25-2020, 07:20 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad to hear you are keeping up the Pentax tradition.

07-25-2020, 07:29 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by TMcDaniel Quote
Hello,
My name is Terri T.Mcdaniel i am a member here my mom got me started a few years ago into photography and i love it, i want to let all of you know my mom has been very sick for a long time now, she recently got to the point she could not do much of anything, im sorry to let you all know at this time she has passed away wed july 22nd simple went to sleep and did not return to me, i want all of you in this forum to know how much you all meant to her, i know she was on other forums from time to time but this is the one she talked about the most,mom left a camera for my oldest daughter and she has it now, so i think im going to see if she wants to join if that is ok, as we both want to keep up moms love of photography and learn to be the best at what she loved, if you have questions please feel free to pm me thank you all for being such good friends to her it was really appreciated after my dad passed she didn't have many friends
So sorry to hear of your loss, Terri. Your mother was an integral part of this community, we will miss her.

You, your daughters, and other family are always welcome here. We all look forward to seeing your work, and having discussions about photography.

Warm regards,
Racer
07-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Condolences from all of us here on PF. So sorry for your loss, but hope your family stays with us on the forums.
07-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Thank you Terri, for letting us all know. I exchanged a few private messages with your mother and knew she was ill. Her contribution here was upbeat and positive. She will be missed. You and the other people she left have my prayers and and sincerest sympathy.

Steve
07-25-2020, 11:42 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Sorry to hear this news, just recently she was mentioning the adjustments she has had to make to keep making images. As she said in her signature, she has been watching our back for many years. It is so consideraste that you have come here to give th forum members this news. Many times we notice a regular active member no longer making posts and dropping out of the forums. We are just left wondering what has happened and there is no closure.

Please continue to be active here and ask the very patient knowledgable members anything you need to know.
07-26-2020, 12:00 AM   #12
Pentaxian

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I'm sure that you will find many ways in which to remember your mom but I think that having her family continue to use her camera gear and enjoying her passion for photography will be a really fitting way to honour her memory and remembering the good times you all had together.
07-26-2020, 01:24 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Thank you for letting us know. I enjoyed her stories about her pictures. Sad to here it. Condolences to you and family.
07-26-2020, 03:01 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss. We will miss your mom here, but nothing like the loss you feel.

My thoughts and prayers are going your direction.
07-26-2020, 04:27 AM   #15
Pentaxian

This is very sad news indeed. And completely un-expected.

My condolences.

I can certainly relate to the camera part. I still have my dad's camera, although it hasn't had a roll of film in it for at least 30 years.

Take care.