Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2020, 11:45 AM   #1

Agnes, my Chihuahua

On July 11, 2020 my Applehead Chihuahua dog passed away. Her name was Agnes. She was nine years old. I found her dead about 10:00 PM. I was about to go to bed but immediately knew there was no need to go to bed. When I found her dead in the kitchen, I knew that I wouldn't be able to get any sleep so I stayed up most of the night.

I adopted Agnes on August 27, 2013. My ex-friend and I were out looking for me a Chihuahua dog. As she put gas in her Durango, I made a decision. I decided that if the dog I found was a female, I would name it after my late mother. My ex-friend and I went to a woman's house who runs her own rescue service. She only had one Chihuahua and it was a female.

I eventually bought two more Chihuahua dogs. Both dogs are hyper so I keep them in my basement. It wasn't until I bought those dogs that I truly appreciated what a great dog Agnes was. Agnes was one of the sweetest dogs around and wasn't one bit hyper. After getting my two new dogs, I learned how special Agnes was. Agnes was a bit on the hateful side when I adopted her but she soon grew out of it. When I took Agnes to a vet in 2017, I learned that she had a heart murmur.

Because of a mental disorder, I hear voices from time to time. As an ice cream truck drove through the subdivision where I live, I heard a voice. The voice told me to buy an ice cream and eat it while standing over Agnes's grave. I did so but it tore me up pretty bad. Yes, I hear voices sometimes but don't worry. The voices don't tell me to hurt people. I have a mental disorder but I'm not a psycho.

When I adopted Agnes, I got the Holy Grail of dogs. As far as I'm concerned, she was the best dog on the planet. She loved me and the feeling was mutual. Some friends invited me to stay overnight at their homes a few times. When I would come home after being gone all night, Agnes would start hopping around and yelping because she was happy to see me.

I usually sleep on my couch and she slept on the couch with me. I decided to sleep in one of the bedrooms. Agnes was in the living room and she started howling at 3:00 AM. She was unhappy because she couldn't spend the night with her Daddy. After her howling woke me up, I got her and let her sleep in the bed with me the rest of the night.

I have no wife or kids and Agnes was the closest thing I had to a daughter. Her death has broken my heart and I'm going to miss her. She was my baby doll and I owned her for almost seven glorious years. I thanked the good Lord for letting me have her. I was a lucky man.

Attached Images

07-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear Randy.
Welcome to the forum.
07-29-2020, 04:54 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Randy. I'm sure Agnes was lucky to have you too, after what seems to have been a bad start in life.

I hope your other dogs can step up the plate now she's gone. Companionship is very important.
07-29-2020, 05:00 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum, Lots of members are dog lovers.

07-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #5
Pentaxian

We have a very sweet Chihuahua now, but they sure are all different. We lost our first one at age nine, also to a heart murmur. He was really cute and really ill-tempered. He'd bite you for petting him wrong. There was no question about the heart murmur, you could hear his heartbeat when he was sitting next to you. After he died I had dreams about him, feeling so guilty that I didn't do more for him. Sorry about Agnes.
07-29-2020, 08:34 PM   #6
Pentaxian

sorry for your loss....it is terrible losing a great friend......know the feeling all to well
07-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #7
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Randy, sorry to hear about Agnes. I'm sure that your Applehead Chihuahua had a personality as big as a Great Dane..................
Cherish your photographs and your memories of that little sweetie.

07-30-2020, 01:05 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

It is very difficult to lose such a wonderful companion. I had a dog for 13 years. He was a rescue dog and I got him when he was about 2 1/2 years old. Little fellow, part poodle, part Highland Terrier the Vet figured. Still miss him alot and he has been gone since 1987. I was fortunate to have him in my life for as long as I did.

As pjv said..." Cherish your photographs and your memories of that little sweetie. "
07-30-2020, 03:05 AM   #9
Unregistered User

She was a lamb ("Agnes") of a dog, I reckon. You know God loves you when he supplies a dog like that.
07-30-2020, 06:30 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I feel your pain, it hurts to lose such a loved friend, I wish you well.