Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Don't forget the "Dirt Cheap Lens Club" and the "Dead Lens Club"

Steve

(Particularly fond of the dirt cheap club...)
The dirt cheap club is similar to the off-brand club. Usually the off-brands are dirt cheap.

11-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by d.bradley Quote
I'm not saying we should get rid of said clubs...it's a forum and we can organize the posts however people like to post them. But the points made that the threads are though to wade through are valid...I mean how the Takumar club is a big club. There are a lot of lenses. Tamron is an entire company!!! Third Party lens club...that's every lens in the world that isn't a pentax. eep. I'm not ripping on the clubs, just noting a curious way that we chose to interact with one another!
It isn't as though anyone is grabbing you by the arm and forcibly dragging you through them, you know. If they don't appeal to you, don't click on them. There are sections of the site and some threads which hold no appeal for me, and I just skip right past them.
11-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
It isn't as though anyone is grabbing you by the arm and forcibly dragging you through them, you know. If they don't appeal to you, don't click on them. There are sections of the site and some threads which hold no appeal for me, and I just skip right past them.
Oh come now...no need for foolishness, we all know how forums work. I haven't clicked on a club threads in ages, I just see posts all the time and think "Gosh it would be nice to have some real structure."

I remember some of the early posts referring to a little friendly "inter-club" competition, urging people to get out and post to get more views than another club. Kind of neat actually. If there were a club forum it would be neat to have little club rivalries..."gangs" you might call them...lol. I'd be a member of the Super-Multi-Coats!

Club forum..yup. That's my vote.
11-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
The dirt cheap club is similar to the off-brand club. Usually the off-brands are dirt cheap.
Unless the off-brand is a new Jupiter-9 (now over $250 USD and climbing...)

Steve

11-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Hey, you guys left out the:

"A" Club
"K" Club
"F" Club
"Voigtlander LBA"
"Fish-Eye Fever" Club
Tooooo...Maannnnnyyy...Cluubbbbsssssses

Steve
11-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Who the one who starts all these Club threads???
11-17-2008, 02:27 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Who the one who starts all these Club threads???
Not "one". There are enough of us that perhaps we could start a Club Starters' Club.