Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2020, 11:52 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinWE Quote
Hey folks,
I live in the greater Chicago area and Covid has been spiking here. Unfortunately for the wife and I, we have fallen victim to the virus. I have been sick for 8 weeks and my wife started showing heavy signs about 2 weeks ago, although she was coughing quite a bit, as far back as about 21 days ago or so. Today our daughter got test results back for my 9 year old granddaughter and she is positive along with my daughter and step-son.

When the virus hit me, it hit me hard for about 4 straight days. I couldn't get out of bed, I had a fever, my legs felt like I ran a marathon, I would cough so hard I thought I would bust a blood vessel in my head. I was extremely tired and had zero energy. Around day 5 or 6 I felt like I was beginning to fight the virus. I was able to move without help, I started to eat and gain some energy. By thanksgiving day I thought I had the virus beat, unfortunately this week I have been run down and coughing extremely hard again. Monday I return to see if I'm still testing positive. My wife has a horrendous cough and zero energy, she is at least able to eat although she says she can't taste or smell anything. I didn't get that symptom. I was able to smell and taste but I had just about every other symptom associated with Covid.
I'm so sorry to hear you and your wife are having to battle this virus, Kevin. It sounds like you're making progress and taking what steps you can to aid recovery, but it must be a very tough time for you both.

Whilst I was sad to read your post, I thank you for it. There are still many folks here in the UK that - despite all the data to the contrary - refuse to accept COVID-19 is "a thing", even stating publicly that they won't believe it exists until someone they know and love has been struck down with it. Actually, a local government councillor for one of the towns near me was in the news just a few short weeks ago, captured on video saying exactly this. I'd hope that our fellow PF members are too smart a bunch to deny what's so clearly a very real and serious pandemic, but for anyone that was on the fence about it, maybe your post will bring some clarity.

Best of luck to you both in your recovery. Hang in there, and keep us updated?

12-05-2020, 02:48 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
There are still many folks here in the UK that - despite all the data to the contrary - refuse to accept COVID-19 is "a thing", even stating publicly that they won't believe it exists until someone they know and love has been struck down with it. Actually, a local government councillor for one of the towns near me was in the news just a few short weeks ago, captured on video saying exactly this.
Crazy, but sad, especially considering where you live (not to mention where kevinWE lives). There isn’t the same overt rejection at that level of society here (just the odd ex-celebrity chef and the like) and, given that Oz has close to eliminated the virus, at least for the time being, you might think this is where some leadership denial might be taking place, but it isn’t.

Rumination over. Hope today’s getting better for you and yours, @kevinWE.
12-05-2020, 03:51 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sorry to hear what you are dealing with and hoping for a speedy recovery for both you and your family!
12-05-2020, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good luck going forward.

12-05-2020, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm so sorry to hear you and your wife are having to battle this virus, Kevin. It sounds like you're making progress and taking what steps you can to aid recovery, but it must be a very tough time for you both.

Whilst I was sad to read your post, I thank you for it. There are still many folks here in the UK that - despite all the data to the contrary - refuse to accept COVID-19 is "a thing", even stating publicly that they won't believe it exists until someone they know and love has been struck down with it. Actually, a local government councillor for one of the towns near me was in the news just a few short weeks ago, captured on video saying exactly this. I'd hope that our fellow PF members are too smart a bunch to deny what's so clearly a very real and serious pandemic, but for anyone that was on the fence about it, maybe your post will bring some clarity.

Best of luck to you both in your recovery. Hang in there, and keep us updated?
Yes, on the USA we have the same problems with deniers, even some who fall ill with Covid refuse to believe that they have the virus.

I'll tell you this, from my experience with it - I was sick with a cough for a week or so, no other symptoms so I didn't pay much attention. Then one particular evening a fever hit me along with a sore throat and still the nagging cough, so I laid in bed and by morning I couldn't move. My legs were extremely sore and I couldn't get out of bed. My wife had to help me to the restroom and back and just doing that simple task wore me down to the core. I also had zero appetite and could barely eat for the better part of 4 days. Now, here's the strangest thing of all, after about 5 days or so I was able to move around and I felt like I was on the mend, for about 3 days I was feeling like I beat this thing, but "BAMB"! I feel so tired and run down right now and the cough is back, so are muscle aches.

I know this virus affects people differently, but from my experience this is the worst sickness I have contracted EVER! I believe I fall in the category of what they are calling "long-haulers". I just want it to end already, My wife has been sick for quite a while now also.
12-05-2020, 02:50 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, on the USA we have the same problems with deniers, even some who fall ill with Covid refuse to believe that they have the virus.

I'll tell you this, from my experience with it - I was sick with a cough for a week or so, no other symptoms so I didn't pay much attention. Then one particular evening a fever hit me along with a sore throat and still the nagging cough, so I laid in bed and by morning I couldn't move. My legs were extremely sore and I couldn't get out of bed. My wife had to help me to the restroom and back and just doing that simple task wore me down to the core. I also had zero appetite and could barely eat for the better part of 4 days. Now, here's the strangest thing of all, after about 5 days or so I was able to move around and I felt like I was on the mend, for about 3 days I was feeling like I beat this thing, but "BAMB"! I feel so tired and run down right now and the cough is back, so are muscle aches.

I know this virus affects people differently, but from my experience this is the worst sickness I have contracted EVER! I believe I fall in the category of what they are calling "long-haulers". I just want it to end already, My wife has been sick for quite a while now also.
Hang in there. I’m sorry to hear it’s roared back.
12-05-2020, 04:25 PM - 4 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Hang in there. I’m sorry to hear it’s roared back.
My positive antibody test in June indicates what my doctor called "the flu" in March wasn't.
At the time though I suggested it my doctor didn't test for COVID-19 as "the reagents are not available".

Fortunately my case wasn't too severe, and my wife and daughter have not become ill or tested antibody positive.
So far the only lasting damage has been a large floater in one eye, an after effect of conjunctivitis that immediately followed my "flu".

Some of my fellow "essential" coworkers were not so lucky. Several were hospitalized, some requiring intubation and in one case a respirator.
Two family friends died; one was a patient in a rehabilitation center and the other a nursing home resident.

Even here in New York City where the first wave hit hardest - you must have seen the images on the news -
we have a sizable segment of the population in various states of denial, resistant to and sometimes downright hostile to masks and closures,
as if "civil liberty" concerns trump a public health emergency.

I suspect even my doctor is in denial. His receptionist's husband was hospitalized twice for COVID-19,
was on a respirator and now months after discharge still requires supplemental oxygen.
Despite all she too is still in denial and full of conspiracy theories which I need not detail here.

Now that hope in the form of several effective vaccines is finally on the horizon
anti-vaxxers will no doubt feed the flames of the public's doubt and suspicion.

Forgive the rant - the coronavirus thread was closed long ago - but I feel as though we are doomed.

Get well Kevin and family!

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 12-05-2020 at 05:41 PM.
12-05-2020, 07:12 PM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
My positive antibody test in June indicates what my doctor called "the flu" in March wasn't.
At the time though I suggested it my doctor didn't test for COVID-19 as "the reagents are not available".

Fortunately my case wasn't too severe, and my wife and daughter have not become ill or tested antibody positive.
So far the only lasting damage has been a large floater in one eye, an after effect of conjunctivitis that immediately followed my "flu".

Some of my fellow "essential" coworkers were not so lucky. Several were hospitalized, some requiring intubation and in one case a respirator.
Two family friends died; one was a patient in a rehabilitation center and the other a nursing home resident.

Even here in New York City where the first wave hit hardest - you must have seen the images on the news -
we have a sizable segment of the population in various states of denial, resistant to and sometimes downright hostile to masks and closures,
as if "civil liberty" concerns trump a public health emergency.

I suspect even my doctor is in denial. His receptionist's husband was hospitalized twice for COVID-19,
was on a respirator and now months after discharge still requires supplemental oxygen.
Despite all she too is still in denial and full of conspiracy theories which I need not detail here.

Now that hope in the form of several effective vaccines is finally on the horizon
anti-vaxxers will no doubt feed the flames of the public's doubt and suspicion.

Forgive the rant - the coronavirus thread was closed long ago - but I feel as though we are doomed.

Get well Kevin and family!

Chris
The simple fact is viruses are real and have been with us from the beginning of time. We have billions of different viruses floating around on this planet. It's not like viruses are all of a sudden a new thing. To be in denial is quite foolish, just about as foolish as not believing humans exist and walk the planet. I won't go further than that. I highly suggest following the science and put all the nonsense behind us. Anti intellectualism seems to be the invogue thing.

Last edited by kevinWE; 12-05-2020 at 07:17 PM.
12-06-2020, 01:00 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

Hope everyone in your family comes thru ok, Kevin. Married to a family physician, I know the stress of reality hanging over us all. Denialist types just make it harder to deal with. Hang in there and stay on the hopeful side of the scale!
12-07-2020, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #25
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Hey folks,
I live in the greater Chicago area and Covid has been spiking here. Unfortunately for the wife and I, we have fallen victim to the virus. I have been sick for 8 weeks and my wife started showing heavy signs about 2 weeks ago, although she was coughing quite a bit, as far back as about 21 days ago or so. Today our daughter got test results back for my 9 year old granddaughter and she is positive along with my daughter and step-son.

When the virus hit me, it hit me hard for about 4 straight days. I couldn't get out of bed, I had a fever, my legs felt like I ran a marathon, I would cough so hard I thought I would bust a blood vessel in my head. I was extremely tired and had zero energy. Around day 5 or 6 I felt like I was beginning to fight the virus. I was able to move without help, I started to eat and gain some energy. By thanksgiving day I thought I had the virus beat, unfortunately this week I have been run down and coughing extremely hard again. Monday I return to see if I'm still testing positive. My wife has a horrendous cough and zero energy, she is at least able to eat although she says she can't taste or smell anything. I didn't get that symptom. I was able to smell and taste but I had just about every other symptom associated with Covid.
Sorry to hear the Kevin. Hope everyone recovers soon. The virus hit me back in February and knocked the socks out of me for 4 days. I then coughed for 2 weeks. Then it was done and hopefully never to return.
Again get well soon.
12-09-2020, 09:14 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

Prayers for all of you affected. You guys should look into picking up some oregano oil from Greece.
Colloidal silver.
Drink white tea.
Take some raw manuka honey.
Take Vitamin D3 everyday along with Vitamin K and Calcium from powdered egg shells for proper absorption of Vitamin D3.
Take zinc.
Take B complex.
Take some Magnisum Malate.
Incoporate foods in your diet with selenium. A very good source would be brazil nuts.
Take probiotics.
Take turmeric supplements.
Take some melatonin before bed. Preferably make sure they are all organic. This should give you the strength you need to prevent and beat any virus. Pray, meditate and think positive. Listen to prayer verses to help calm your anxiety. All the best.🙏
12-10-2020, 04:18 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Agree nice natural combination
At three prove help
Zinc D3 Melatonin 1-3 mg
Plus own safety protocol
I really hope vaccine help create prolong immunity
12-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #28
Pentaxian

My "experience" in a local LIDL supermarket yesterday - Covid-19, and some of the, mainly quite young, idiots in there!

When I challenged one of them, who actually had a mask hanging around her neck (and her companion had no mask at all!) to use it, the answer I got was along the lines of "There are a lot people in here not wearing masks, so why should I?"

This is in the West side of "Greater London" - which is now reported to have the highest, or as high, percentage numbers of reported cases of Covid-19 in the UK

Last edited by jeallen01; 12-10-2020 at 03:41 PM.
12-10-2020, 04:00 PM - 5 Likes   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
My "experience" in a local LIDL supermarket yesterday - Covid-19, and some of the, mainly quite young, idiots in there!

When I challenged one of them, who actually had a mask hanging around her neck (and her companion had no mask at all!) to use it, the answer I got was along the lines of "There are a lot people in here not wearing masks, so why should I?"

This is in the West side of "Greater London" - which is now reported to have the highest, or as high, percentage numbers of reported cases of Covid-19 in the UK
Here in Melbourne, we eliminated the second wave completely, not with oils and wishful thinking, but staying away from each other. We went into curfew and lockdown from September to October - you could go to work or shop or exercise, but not leave the house after 8pm until the next morning. So our economy ground to a halt in that time but it can function normally now instead of being permanently paralyzed. Short term pain for long term gain. We have had zero cases for more than a month now.

Before it's said covid kills just one percent of those who catch it, it's what happens possibly forever to many of those - including young - who recovered, that's nasty:
Attached Images

Last edited by clackers; 12-10-2020 at 09:20 PM.
12-10-2020, 07:03 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Well your country was completely closed boarder ,at least it was in our news .USA still open boarder for example in New Mexico. People leave in NM and go to work in TX or opposite
Here in NM with my professional observation people use mask and keep distance all time.no problem We was very hard restriction all period time before September. Case number was very low. And restriction go down as school open gym bar open with limited capacity and After labor Day holiday in 3-4 weeks all go up
slow but go up. I not understand why local government wait too long to start restriction again in later in November after Thanksgiving. I am still thinking it was result political or some kind i not sure
they 100 % understand case will be go up and gym open ,bar open i saw people in local bar no mask no distance kiss and hug .No questions people was very stress out from restriction, they need 100 % break. I saw with my patient how anxiety buildup, insomnia increase as skyrocket. But why they wait to last minutes when case start increase in crazy number day by follow day and hospital now 100% out from bed.
May be your country population easy take restriction
Not here in US
But even look data all Europe has severe restriction and lock down for long period time, only little decrease pressure case go up
This nasty Covid virus total unpredictable.
In your case total isolation from all world mostly secure factor same as New Zeeland