Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 188 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2021, 11:14 AM - 1 Like   #211
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
I don't know spit about Wisconsin law, but in Virginia, it would be too late to move the court to reopen the case (two years), however, the judgment would be void for lack of in-personam jurisdiction - you could either file a new case in equity to set aside the verdict (which the court will like if you say in your pleading that all you're looking for is a new trial), or just wait until someone takes legal action to collect on the judgment - which gives you an opportunity to come in and attack the judgment for lack of jurisdiction. (Any judgment order entered when the court lacks jurisdiction is void, a nullity, meaningless.)
We did look into it, and Wisconsin was only 1 year to re-open the case unless there are exceptional circumstances. Because the judgement value was below a certain threshold (it was on a debt that she didn't know about, much less owed on, and the financial institution was out of business... An imperfect storm), the court summons did not require formal service or acknowledgement of receipt. Basically, as long as it wasn't returned to the court as undelivered, it is legally considered a valid service even if it's lost in the mail.

She wasn't employed at the time, so the wage garnishment part of the judgement had no effect as well. She's now a stay at home mom, and effectively judgement proof on this issue. We aren't legally married, just together long enough that's it's easier to call her my wife, so they can't even garnish my wages if they wanted to. So we are just letting it go for now. They have 20 years to collect, and us trying to clear things up can restart the statute of limitations.

02-19-2021, 09:18 AM   #212
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another fine USPS mess.
An item shipped from NJ, made it to Warrendale, PA in two days. Warrendale to Johnstown in a day. Johnstown to Indiana, PA ( six miles away) yesterday. Now it is on its way to Stow Ohio! What???

Second item shipped from Michigan, Priority Mail, hasn’t made it out of that state in six days... Priority? Yeah, right.
02-19-2021, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #213
Loyal Site Supporter

@Steamloco76
Weather....
I have a FedX overnight coming in from B&H for a scheduled shoot tomorrow. Ordered on Tuesday and shipped Wednesday for a Thursday delivery here in Florida. As of this morning, it's in Newark, New Jersey and no delivery update is available. Now I might question why a shipment from New York to Florida would be so delayed since we're not seeing the severe weather that the middle of the country saw, but it is what it is. I'll do without the product tomorrow.

USPS seems to have sorted out their Holiday problems based on the shipments I've sent out from here.
02-19-2021, 11:16 AM   #214
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Another fine USPS mess.
An item shipped from NJ, made it to Warrendale, PA in two days. Warrendale to Johnstown in a day. Johnstown to Indiana, PA ( six miles away) yesterday. Now it is on its way to Stow Ohio! What???

Second item shipped from Michigan, Priority Mail, hasn’t made it out of that state in six days... Priority? Yeah, right.
I just had an item shipped Priority from Michigan arrive in two days. It never went to Warrendale, it went directly from Grand Rapids to Rochester, NY. The last package I got went from MD to Rochester to Warrendale then back to Rochester...

OTOH I have a package coming from NC at a much more sedate pace...

02-25-2021, 07:07 PM   #215
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
I placed two orders from the same merchant, a few days apart. Both items were similar size and shape, and small enough to fit in a large manilla envelope.

Both shipped from San Diego, California.

The first one went to Jacksonville, Florida, then Seattle, Washington.

Wait.

What?

Six thousand miles?

The second went straight from San Diego, California to Seattle, Washington.

Both packages arrived today.

I don’t understand the logic of sending the one package to Florida to get to Washington.

It defies common sense.
02-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #216
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
It defies common sense.
Unless they took about 1.5-2 weeks to get to you, that defies physics as well. That's about how long it would take to truck something coast to coast and back again. My guess is that one was just a tracking/scanning error, unless the one was shipped airmail.
02-26-2021, 12:29 PM   #217
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm much more forgiving of USPS now. A few posts earlier I mentioned a FedX overnight package shipped on the 16th was delayed by a few days apparently (weather). So what's the update now, 10 days later on that overnight shipment? Still no expected delivery date according to FedX., even tho B&H says every delayed shipment will arrive today (it won't), or by Monday at the latest. Does one heavy snowfall bring FedX to its knees? I rec'd my Feb. 17th USPS shipment originating in Texas (I suspect it didn't leave the shipper until a few days later) yesterday.

+1 for the US Postal Service.

03-03-2021, 10:42 AM   #218
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hailing from Parts Unknown...
Attached Images

03-05-2021, 06:01 PM   #219
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Hailing from Parts Unknown...
I have an order from B&H that arrived Feb 22 at the NYC Distribution Center and has been "in transit to the next facility" since Feb 26. It is a small item and was sent First Class Mail w/tracking. Unless it gets here tomorrow, it will be two weeks to get a First Class envelope from NYC to the Portland, Oregon area. Something is clearly not right.

Steve
03-05-2021, 06:10 PM   #220
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have an order from B&H that arrived Feb 22 at the NYC Distribution Center and has been "in transit to the next facility" since Feb 26. It is a small item and was sent First Class Mail w/tracking. Unless it gets here tomorrow, it will be two weeks to get a First Class envelope from NYC to the Portland, Oregon area. Something is clearly not right.

Steve
My B&H FedX overnight shipment from Feb. 16th was finally delivered to me on Tuesday March 2nd. The entire shipment system here is under duress.
03-05-2021, 06:10 PM - 2 Likes   #221
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
I bought a Retina IIc from a seller in Germany. I paid almost $50 for DHL shipping. It's been "Beladung" (Loading) in Frankfurt since January 26th. If it ever arrives in the US I'm sure USPS will deliver it in a few days...
03-05-2021, 06:46 PM - 2 Likes   #222
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had a small Priority Mail Flat Rate box ship from Phoenix the afternoon before the snowstorm. Tracking went “dark” for a week, then it appeared at our local Dist. Center. The next day my local POSTMASTER handed it to me. He was driving one of the old JEEPS! We still had 8” of snow on the ground.

They’re trying, at least around here.
03-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #223
PDL
Pentaxian

Update on message USPS issues? - Page 8 - PentaxForums.com

The last package sent via USPS finally showed up on 2021/03/12. So it took 95 days to deliver the package.

Full disclosure: I did put the incorrect ZIP code for Austin, TX. That means that it took 90 plus days for some human to read the text Austin, TX and get the package delivered.

To add to this mess, normally it takes two to three days to deliver my medication from the HMO's Pharmacy. In Dec. it took nearly 8 days and the meds were passed back and forth between 6 post offices in order to get them delivered. It started out as a call to the Pharmacy to check on the order (4 days after the order) when I was going to run out the following day. The Pharmacy said "we are out and do not know when the next shipment will be in". I emailed my physicians to ask what the effects were going to be if I cold turkey stopped taking these meds that I have been taking daily for 20+ years. They assured me that given my current condition - no side effects should be noticed. The Pharmacy emailed me that the meds had shipped just before the EOB on the day I called them and they said they were "out". Then the mail ping-pong started. Since then, the Pharmacy has had all of my orders shipped the day I made the request and the USPS has taken two days (on average) to get them to me.

Last edited by PDL; 03-13-2021 at 01:19 PM.
03-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Before this thread, I didn't even notice when a package was routed through Warrendale, PA. Now it strikes fear in my heart!
03-31-2021, 11:52 AM   #225
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Living in PA, probably 90% of the packages I get are routed through Warrendale, PA. Tracking originally said I'd be getting my lens on Friday, but it looks like it was dropped off at my house today. (I've no idea why I had it shipped to my house instead of my PO Box as I usually do, but it was a bit of an impulse buy that I wasn't planning on getting until my wife told me to just buy the lens.

It was dropped off in Indianapolis Monday evening and left in the wee hours on Tuesday. It reached Warrendale Tuesday afternoon and left just after midnight this morning. It got to Johnstown around 3am Wednesday and left a little before 6am. It got to my town around 7:30am which apparently gave them enough time to put it on the delivery truck to be delivered at my house about an hour ago at 1:53PM. I find that rather unusual because normally they don't mark stuff as delivered until like 9PM or so on the day I got it, if not the next day... lol

But it looks like I'm going to do my best to actually leave work on time instead of staying a few hours late. I'm excited to try out my new DA 18-55. I was thinking I had another zoom that went to 18 on the wide end, but I was thinking of my F 35-80 and my Tamron hyperzoom only goes to 28. So the widest lens I had until now was actually 28mm not 18mm. (Between the Tamron and my Tokina prime.) So this is just doubly exciting now.