Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 188 Likes Search this Thread
12-05-2020, 12:22 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
USPS issues?

Every package I have sent or am awaiting to receive right now is listed as late/delayed with tracking updates having stopped days ago. Anyone else having issues?

12-05-2020, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #2

I am having issues with a couple of packages. Kinda stands to reason.
1. 2020
2. Covid has everyone shopping from home.
3. It's the week after black friday and the end of cyber week.
I would bet things will return to normal soon.

Kirk B.
12-05-2020, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've had issues with the USPS for years. The worst example was my wife getting a default court judgement against her because they lost the summons and we didn't even know about it until 3 years later and too late to re-open the trial. Our latest package shipped from Missouri to Wisconsin, via Texas. Go figure that one out.

So I would just chock this up to business as usual for you, and try to avoid the USPS whenever possible.
12-05-2020, 01:26 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had two FedEx SmartPost packages delivered by FedEx instead of USPS...They still went through the SmartPost facility in Ohio, but when they got to Syracuse they were switched to FedEx Ground.

12-05-2020, 02:00 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No problems here...

Steve

(...don't ask me about FedEx... )
12-05-2020, 09:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Also Canada Post has warned that packages will start to be delayed due to the holidays. So maybe that is starting to be a problem?
12-05-2020, 09:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same here.

12-05-2020, 11:26 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I have a FedEx delivery that was suppose to be delivered to me yesterday (Friday, Dec 4th), and is currently late/delayed. Hopefully should be delivered monday, since it's a couple towns over from where I live.

Had ordered some stuff last week for my cousin & her family who lives in Texas (all shipped with usps).
One package was delivered on time, one package took them 2 days to "accept the package" but is currently on time to be delivered, and the last package is late/delayed (should have been delivered today (the 5th), now is going to be delivered monday.

---------- Post added 12-05-20 at 11:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I had two FedEx SmartPost packages delivered by FedEx instead of USPS...They still went through the SmartPost facility in Ohio, but when they got to Syracuse they were switched to FedEx Ground.
That always has been happening to me with FedEx, theyre always a big pain in the butt.
12-06-2020, 02:25 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Delivery company in UK DPD have some strange ideas. One package was returned to the depot during Lockdown because I refused to open my front door (conversing with the driver via a partially-opened window) so that the driver could photograph the item in my doorway to prove it had been delivered ! Their customer service department were most apologetic, and the driver had to pay another visit that same day to follow my instructions and leave the package in my designated 'safe place', directions to which were clearly on my front door.
12-06-2020, 03:18 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Delivery company in UK DPD have some strange ideas. One package was returned to the depot during Lockdown because I refused to open my front door (conversing with the driver via a partially-opened window) so that the driver could photograph the item in my doorway to prove it had been delivered ! Their customer service department were most apologetic, and the driver had to pay another visit that same day to follow my instructions and leave the package in my designated 'safe place', directions to which were clearly on my front door.
DPD customer service are always apologetic but it doesn't stop their drivers delivering to the wrong address. I am actually quite surprised the driver came back on the same day as they normally have problems contacting them. Also when they fail to deliver a parcel they take a photo of the front door to prove they tried, if they deliver to the wrong address they don't take a photo so you have no idea where your parcel is. Utter madness.

12-06-2020, 07:15 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
No problems here...

Steve

(...don't ask me about FedEx... )
Years ago I had a huge problem with FedEx. If I ordered something from any of my West Coast distributors and it all fit in one box everything was okay. If there were two or more boxes in the shipment one would end up somewhere else. Never the same somewhere, just anywhere at random; Texas, Florida, Kansas.................
I started adding "Delivery will be refused if shipped FedEx". One of them didn't believe me until I refused delivery of a $5,000+ parts order. They asked if I wanted it re-shipped and I said no, I've ordered and received it already from someone else whose shipping department pays attention.

BTW, Steve, I see your smiley is "fedup". Is that what we'd have if Fed-Ex and UPS merged?
12-06-2020, 10:22 AM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
BTW, Steve, I see your smiley is "fedup". Is that what we'd have if Fed-Ex and UPS merged?
Pretty much

Steve
12-06-2020, 11:58 AM - 3 Likes   #13
Pentaxian

Trouble is we all want “free delivery” or the cheapest option.You know the old adage: If you pay peanuts you get monkeys!
12-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Trouble is we all want “free delivery” or the cheapest option.You know the old adage: If you pay peanuts you get monkeys!
But I want elephants!

Kirk B.
12-06-2020, 12:26 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Amazon do pretty well though.