Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 188 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2020, 02:07 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Odd seeing all the FedEx complaints, because I've had the best luck with them. Don't think I've had a single issue with them.

12-06-2020, 05:32 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Trouble is we all want “free delivery” or the cheapest option.You know the old adage: If you pay peanuts you get monkeys!
In this case I paid over $15 for each priority mail package. Paying for priority 2 day and getting 2 weeks is pissing me off as that is essentially fraud.
12-06-2020, 05:40 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bhbrake Quote
In this case I paid over $15 for each priority mail package. Paying for priority 2 day and getting 2 weeks is pissing me off as that is essentially fraud.
I'd be asking for a refund of shipping costs. Yikes!
12-06-2020, 08:46 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm generally happy with the USPS... as well as Fedex and UPS.

12-06-2020, 09:27 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

How many package FedEx package delivery each day ?
How Many packages UPS package delivery each day?
How many package Own delivery service of Amazon deliver each day

How many items USPS do deliver each day

Mismanage of .001% of all delivery is still 600,000 in one day but 599,400,000 happy delivery!!!
12-07-2020, 10:53 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Your numbers may be right bobmaxja, I'm miffed though because it is multiple packages at the same time. Typically I have not had frequent issues with usps.
12-07-2020, 10:55 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm waiting on a UPS SmartPost shipment, of Adox Rodinal. UPS sent it to the local post office on the 4th, the post office still hasn't scanned it in. Holidays are rough on the local USPS offices.

12-07-2020, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

Every package I have sent or am awaiting to receive right now is listed as late/delayed with tracking updates having stopped days ago. Anyone else having issues?
They don't seem to be tracking packages quite the way they had been - not as many events are logged.
Both the change in logging and the change in movement may be partially the result of changes made by the Postmaster General to run the USPS as more like a business.
12-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
They don't seem to be tracking packages quite the way they had been - not as many events are logged.
Both the change in logging and the change in movement may be partially the result of changes made by the Postmaster General to run the USPS as more like a business.
I would buy this except there tracking updates were hitting multiple times a day on the packages until they hit a certain location and then just stopped. I'm now at 7 days without an update and no delivery so I can finally finally a request.
12-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #25
Pentaxian

I would buy this except there tracking updates were hitting multiple times a day on the packages until they hit a certain location and then just stopped. I'm now at 7 days without an update and no delivery so I can finally finally a request.
I never received an expected delivery date text, but a package showed up on our porch today, still without a delivery date text or the text message telling me that it had been delivered.
THE TRACKING SYSTEM IS BROKEN.
12-07-2020, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have to LOL at myself, I said I'm happy with USPS and then I see a tripod collar I ordered has been hung up in Brooklyn for almost a week...
12-07-2020, 05:08 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I have to LOL at myself, I said I'm happy with USPS and then I see a tripod collar I ordered has been hung up in Brooklyn for almost a week...
You jinxed yourself. Lol
12-07-2020, 05:53 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
You jinxed yourself. Lol
Yep.

12-08-2020, 07:00 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In the past two months, I have watched several USPS Priority Mail packages make it to within 55 miles of my home only to be mis-directed by the Pittsburgh USPS hub at Warrendale, PA. Two of the packages were sent east to Harrisburg then Lancaster. The packages then went back to harrisburg, then across the state to Warrendale. One then went to Johnstown, then finally to my local PO. The other was sent BACK across the state to Harrisburg AGAIN, the Lancaster, back to Harrisburg, back to Warrendale where it then sat for three days, finally going on to Johnstown, then the next day, my hometown PO. I also had a package mailed from 330 miles away in NY state disappear from tracking after leaving the sender's PO. Eleven days later the tracking updated and the package finally made it out of the Syracuse, NY distribution center. Four days after that I finally had it.
12-08-2020, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #30
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Many years ago there was a story in the news of Ronald Reagan having been sent a letter from the next town over and it took 9 days for it get to him.
When he was campaigning for President a reporter brought it up and asked him if he got elected if he would fire the postal workers.
He said "No, they can keep their jobs, but I might start mailing them their paychecks though."