Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 188 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2021, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #226
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like my 18-55 WR. It's small, light, and works well.

03-31-2021, 04:41 PM   #227
mee
Veteran Member

Ordered 3 items on Amazon, in the same order. One item arrived promptly to my door from Amazon delivery. Two other items I got two slips in my mailbox from the USPS claiming they tried to deliver but were unable. My packages were at the Post Office.

Alrighty.

So I take my USPS slips and drive over to the local post office (which defeats the purpose of me ordering online). Hand the nice lady at the front desk the ticket and she goes into the back and returns with a single box. I mention there should be two boxes. She goes back and checks again. Nope don't see another. Hmmm

I know what is in that box and I ordered the wrong one, so I tell her to please return it if they find it. She smiles and says she can do that and we leave with friendly farewell.

Three weeks pass. No package and Amazon still says they don't have it so they can't refund me for it.

In the middle of this I order more items through Amazon. Amazon chooses the USPS for this delivery too. They again put a slip in my mailbox claiming they tried to deliver but were unable.

Okie dokie I know the routine. I drive down to the local post office. After waiting in the long line I explain I have Amazon deliveries and hand a different person the slip.

She comes back (wait for it) with the package missing for a month! The one they said if they found they'd return. They had it floating in the back the whole time. She says "oh sorry about that" like a passing sorry not sorry valueless 'my bad' thing. Ok sure. I mention though that I was here for a different package and kindly ask if she could check again. She obliges my request and goes back and finds my package. Phew.

Then I get home, go to Amazon, create a return for the one box. Then get over to the UPS Store and return it.

Amazon and USPS. A winning combination.
07-25-2021, 01:57 PM   #228
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had an expensive package with DFA 85mm coming with signature.

At the time of delivery all the family was out of town. However USPS did its thing and dropped the package near the front door without any signature. Delivery status: "Delivered, left with individual". Proof of delivery contains some nonsense. "MAp c-19, front door"

Luckily my friends were able to come and pick it up later. Even though we have lockers, the guy really dropped it near the front door. It never happened before.

What is the best way to escalate it?
07-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #229
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The latest “time saving” measure by our local US Postmaster- carriers will not pick-up outgoing mail unless you have incoming mail, and they mean regular first class or magazines, packages do not count! Even if the red outgoing mail flag is up, or mail is clipped to your box, they won’t pick it up! What is really aggravating, many days I get USPS packages and have mail waiting to go out, the carrier won’t take the mail when they deliver the packages.

07-26-2021, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #230
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi
I understand everyone's frustration with the PostOffice. You need to direct your dissatisfaction to your elected officials. The plan put forth by the Post Master General is to substantially decrease service. First-class to be delivered in 4 to 5 days, packages including priority to have the same level of service. Trucks to leave empty or partially filled.
Decrease post offices, boxes, and longer routes to deliver with the same personnel. If his plans are implemented we will go from being the Postal service that the world looks at for guidance on improvement to something out of the third world. This affects us camera people but think of all the people who have to get their meds by mail. I am not making a political statement only relaying what has been published by the Post Master General.
07-31-2021, 09:25 AM - 1 Like   #231
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
The latest “time saving” measure by our local US Postmaster- carriers will not pick-up outgoing mail unless you have incoming mail, and they mean regular first class or magazines, packages do not count! Even if the red outgoing mail flag is up, or mail is clipped to your box, they won’t pick it up! What is really aggravating, many days I get USPS packages and have mail waiting to go out, the carrier won’t take the mail when they deliver the packages.
I can sort of (lust a little bit) understand not picking it up if there isn't a delivery. I don't agree with it but I can understand the reasoning.
Not picking it up if the only delivery is packages is ridiculous. It costs them nothing in time or money to pick it up if they're already there for a delivery.
08-04-2021, 03:59 AM   #232
Pentaxian

Yet another DPD disaster story. DPD often deliver to an address round the corner from me with the same postcode and number but a different street name. I was expecting an important parcel that couldn't easily be replaced as it was a repaired car instrument cluster, so I used the DPD app to instruct them to deliver to my next door neighbour instead as the house number isn't replicated nearby so the driver cannot be confused. Turns out they completely ignored the instruction to deliver to my neighbour and still take the parcel to the wrong address round the corner. They also left the parcel behind a planter at the wrong address as nobody was in which they also shouldn't do unless a safe place has been specified.
They really are the worst courier available in the UK, even worse than Yodel and that is saying something.

08-04-2021, 07:49 AM - 2 Likes   #233
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Denver Quote
Hi
I understand everyone's frustration with the PostOffice. You need to direct your dissatisfaction to your elected officials. The plan put forth by the Post Master General is to substantially decrease service. First-class to be delivered in 4 to 5 days, packages including priority to have the same level of service. Trucks to leave empty or partially filled.
Decrease post offices, boxes, and longer routes to deliver with the same personnel. If his plans are implemented we will go from being the Postal service that the world looks at for guidance on improvement to something out of the third world. This affects us camera people but think of all the people who have to get their meds by mail. I am not making a political statement only relaying what has been published by the Post Master General.
You guys need to decide if a postal service is worth supporting. Canada Post is a very effective deliverer of mail and parcels, but they are not a money making operation.
If the bottom line is that the business has to be profitable to the point of being self sufficient, then the USPS is doomed to fail.
08-05-2021, 09:58 AM   #234
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Res ipsa loquitur (Latin: "the thing speaks for itself")

QuoteQuote:
Shipped
Step 1 - Completed - Shipped Thu, Jul 29Thu,
In transit
Step 2 - In Progress - In transit
Out for delivery
Step 3 - Upcoming - Out for delivery
Estimated delivery
Step 4 - Upcoming - Estimated delivery Tue, Aug 3

Tracking details
Japan Post tracking #UN01714xxxxxx
Jul 30, 2021
9:47am
ARRIVED AT INTERNATIONAL SERVICE CENTER
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS), 60666

Jul 29, 2021
5:00pm
ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT
Jul 25, 2021
7:51pm
Tracking number provided
08-05-2021, 10:12 AM   #235
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by pukipuki Quote

What is the best way to escalate it?
If a signature was required, and it was simply left unsecured on your stoop, I would say it was never delivered and file a claim.
08-05-2021, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #236
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You guys need to decide if a postal service is worth supporting. Canada Post is a very effective deliverer of mail and parcels, but they are not a money making operation.
If the bottom line is that the business has to be profitable to the point of being self sufficient, then the USPS is doomed to fail.
The US Postal Service has always operated at a loss. It escapes me how it continues to operate.
08-05-2021, 10:59 AM - 2 Likes   #237
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
The US Postal Service has always operated at a loss. It escapes me how it continues to operate.
It continues to operate because your society has decided a national postal service is worth having and subsidizes it.
At least up to now your society has decided it's worth keeping.
I believe a particular portion of your society would like to shutter it for reasons that have nothing to do with ending it's subsidy.
08-05-2021, 02:26 PM - 6 Likes   #238
PDL
Pentaxian

It is a SERVICE not a profit center.

Does the Forest SERVICE make money?
Does the IRS make money?
Does the Park SERVICE make money?

Government SERVICE's are not profit centers nor is a Government a business. If you follow your logic then Police, Fire, Water. Roads, Sewers etc. should all either be making money or handing it over to private entities. Just imagine the chaos if every one had to pay private entities for such SERVICE's.
08-05-2021, 06:09 PM   #239
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
It is a SERVICE not a profit center.

Does the Forest SERVICE make money?
Does the IRS make money?
Does the Park SERVICE make money?

Government SERVICE's are not profit centers nor is a Government a business. If you follow your logic then Police, Fire, Water. Roads, Sewers etc. should all either be making money or handing it over to private entities.
Yes.

I knew that.

Thank you.

Remember when you could go to a county, state or federal park and didn't have to pay or buy an annual pass?

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
Just imagine the chaos if every one had to pay private entities for such SERVICE's.
We do pay for private entities.

UPS.

FedEx.

DHL.

On Trac.

Amazon Prime.

All private enterprises.

Although technically not private, there are countless HOAs all over that homeowners pay dues to to cover surface water management, roads, water systems, even sewage. They operate independently of local government, and without subsidies.

There are also dozens of electric power cooperatives, owned and operated by the people they serve.
08-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #240
PDL
Pentaxian

Yes.

I knew that.

Thank you.

Remember when you could go to a county, state or federal park and didn't have to pay or buy an annual pass?

I buy a state park annual pass with my license plate. I have a National Park old Geezers pass (one time payment, good for life and the people who are in the vehicle with me)
I guess your point is that we have to pay for these things. Well, with State Parks and National Parks begin so underfunded over the last 50 years, you pay an entrance fee. Maybe you would like to sell off the parks so the realtors could charge what they want or put housing developments where they are now?

We do pay for private entities.

UPS.

FedEx.

DHL.

On Trac.

Amazon Prime.

All private enterprises.

Although technically not private, there are countless HOAs all over that homeowners pay dues to to cover surface water management, roads, water systems, even sewage. They operate independently of local government, and without subsidies.

There are also dozens of electric power cooperatives, owned and operated by the people they serve.
And these entities charge what they see fit. Is this such a good thing? Talk to the HOA in Florida where the swimming pool collapsed bringing down the building. They were operating in the red.

Oh, and UPS, FedEx et al. don't really deliver things like post cards, letters and junk mail. Gee where would we all be if we stopped getting AARP, Insurance, yard maintenance, catalogues and maid service flyers. Not to mention (in WA) ballots and such.