Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
02-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Deutsche Post DHL marked my package from Frankfurt as Beladung on January 26th. No updates since, now 10 days past expected delivery date according to eBay...

02-25-2021, 08:35 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As i mentioned several times, most cases here are the fault of carrieres before or after DHL.
Deutsche Post ships letters, envelopes, postcards and small packages inside germany. No parcel and not outside germany.
02-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
As i mentioned several times, most cases here are the fault of carrieres before or after DHL.
Deutsche Post ships letters, envelopes, postcards and small packages inside germany. No parcel and not outside germany.
Boriscleto's package is handled by DHL, however, so they do international delivery. Whether they are the ones handling the delivery all the way is a completely different story - I've had cases where for small packages they just hand it to the national post service of the destination country, other cases where they took it to the other person's address without other companies being involved.
02-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Boriscleto's package is handled by DHL, however, so they do international delivery. Whether they are the ones handling the delivery all the way is a completely different story - I've had cases where for small packages they just hand it to the national post service of the destination country, other cases where they took it to the other person's address without other companies being involved.
My package will be delivered by USPS. But the package has been Beladung for a month. USPS has not received the package from DHL.

02-25-2021, 05:12 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
My package will be delivered by USPS. But the package has been Beladung for a month. USPS has not received the package from DHL.
Probably held up at the international sorting center. No clue how customs and such are going these days... hope it gets solved quickly
02-25-2021, 06:08 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've just had good service from Deutche Post. Dresden to me in 15 days. Not bad.
03-19-2021, 04:41 AM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

53 days

Name:  Screenshot 2021-03-19 7.38.12 AM.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  78.7 KB

Last edited by boriscleto; 03-19-2021 at 05:02 AM.
03-19-2021, 05:38 AM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I've just had good service from Deutche Post. Dresden to me in 15 days. Not bad.
Which product (envelope, postcard) did you receive?

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
During an international economical and logistic crisis, you have to consider the fact that whole fleets of passenger airplanes are grounded. And these passenger airplanes are the backbone of international small cargo and mail transport.

By the way, when you're expecting an package, then Deutsche Post has nothing to do with it.
Packages are DHL. Mail is Deutsche Post.
03-19-2021, 07:19 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

By the way, when you're expecting an package, then Deutsche Post has nothing to do with it.
If it's being shipped by DHL it's Deutsche Post DHL Group...

QuoteQuote:
December 2002: Deutsche Post AG acquires the remaining shares in DHL International.
And it was 53 days without any information about the package. Only that it was in Frankfort and "Beladung". Then the USPS sent me an email overnight that it was being delivered, I had set up an alert. Good thing too because DHL deleted all tracking info from their system. Amazing that the Germans would have a tracking system even worse than the USPS tracking system...

Last edited by boriscleto; 03-19-2021 at 07:28 AM.
03-21-2021, 02:24 AM   #55
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Which product (envelope, postcard) did you receive?
Neither. I received a small parcel.

Interesting. The small parcel I received did not mention DHL but did say Deutche Post on it.
04-25-2021, 10:26 PM - 1 Like   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DHL has worked well for me in the past with lenses shipped from Germany to the US.