Photos: Gallery | Albums
I canít breathe.

But Iím on fire today!

09-15-2021, 10:28 AM   #1487
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
What a twist, the vaccine works and reduces pressure on the healthcare systems.

I'm flabbergasted at the thought.
I know it is an astounding though
09-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #1488
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
A large proportion of our new cases are unvaccinated children as well 23 schools in toronto have active case investigations already
.... almost 70% of new cases are unvaccinated, and hospitalizations 81% are unvaccinated 86% if you include one shot . ICU cases 85% unvaccinated and 93% if you include 1 dose people
What is keeping our numbers somewhat in line is we kept a lot of measures in place. even as we re-opened areas. that said i see a lot less mask use now except indoors. the projections are sitting at 4000 a day by November if we don't change some factors
When Saskatchewan opened up it was all at once. Saturday all the restrictions were in place, Sunday they weren't. Moeron even broke his own policy by removing the restrictions before the province had met the vaccination target he had set.

Now he's just sitting back and pretending the vaccinated have nothing to worry about, as apparently in his world the vaccines are 100% effective and little kids are immune, mask mandates and like are suddenly unfair, and the pandemic is just going to go away on its own if we just wish hard enough.
09-15-2021, 12:13 PM   #1489
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
When Saskatchewan opened up it was all at once. Saturday all the restrictions were in place, Sunday they weren't. Moeron even broke his own policy by removing the restrictions before the province had met the vaccination target he had set.

Now he's just sitting back and pretending the vaccinated have nothing to worry about, as apparently in his world the vaccines are 100% effective and little kids are immune, mask mandates and like are suddenly unfair, and the pandemic is just going to go away on its own if we just wish hard enough.
He sure has learned from his buddy Jason in Alberta, who somehow has managed to be even worse at 413 cases per 10000 vs the 333 per 10000 in Saskatchewan some of the worst numbers in the world.

09-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #1490
Pentaxian

He sure has learned from his buddy Jason in Alberta, who somehow has managed to be even worse at 413 cases per 10000 vs the 333 per 10000 in Saskatchewan some of the worst numbers in the world.
The Riders have a home game against the Argos on Friday. The Riders have put a vaccine mandate on their home games. It will be interesting to see how much of a gong show it turns out to be at the gates with unvaccinated people insisting they have a right to go in since they have a ticket.
It will also be interesting to see if the Riders show up for this game. They missed the last two considering the final scores.

I'm betting that the keepers of the gates will be subject to much abuse.
Again, this can be laid at the feet of Moeron, since he refuses to back up businesses with any legal teeth.

As an aside, 475 new cases were reported today, 104 are in children under the age of 12.

That old nag about doing it for the children could be trotted out about now in relation to covid restrictions and the under 12 set.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 09-15-2021 at 05:02 PM.
09-15-2021, 04:49 PM   #1491
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Riders have a home game against the Argos on Friday. The Riders have put a vaccine mandate on their home games. It will be interesting to see how much of a gong show it turns out to be at the gates with unvaccinated people insisting they have a right to go in since they have a ticket.
It will also be interesting to see if the Riders show up for this game. They missed the least two considering the final scores.

I'm betting that the keepers of the gates will be subject to much abuse.
Again, this can be laid at the feet of Moeron, since he refuses to back up businesses with any legal teeth.

As an aside, 475 new cases were reported today, 104 are in children under the age of 12.

That old nag about doing it for the children could be trotted out about now in relation to covid restrictions and the under 12 set.
The socon set have raised the bar on intransigent and nasty and more on Ford Kenny and otool are all blowing the dog whistle for them though many are now ppc
It is making getting through this pandemic even worse in many ways
09-16-2021, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #1492
Pentaxian

The socon set have raised the bar on intransigent and nasty and more on Ford Kenny and otool are all blowing the dog whistle for them though many are now ppc
It is making getting through this pandemic even worse in many ways
Well, it finally happened. As of tomorrow, we have a province wide mask mandate back in force and a proof of vaccination requirement for some, though in my opinion not enough, public venues.
It only took 3k new cases in the past 7 days and the health care system to start to collapse under the weight of new cases to get some action.

09-16-2021, 05:19 PM - 3 Likes   #1493
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Mask up.

09-16-2021, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #1494
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Two months ago for me ...
09-16-2021, 06:05 PM   #1495
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, it finally happened. As of tomorrow, we have a province wide mask mandate back in force and a proof of vaccination requirement for some, though in my opinion not enough, public venues.
It only took 3k new cases in the past 7 days and the health care system to start to collapse under the weight of new cases to get some action.
I was listening to CBC on the drive home from work and heard both moron and Kenny finally slightly smartened up
09-16-2021, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #1496
Pentaxian

Just got my second doses last Sunday, and it was ... as expected.
Chills within less than an hour then full body muscle pain in 3 hrs follow by just about everything listed on the possible side effects listed on the US CDC site, and it was very hard to walk the next day. (because of the pain and headache!).
Everything was gone by morning of the 4th day, yesterday.
I guess those get the real COVID would have the same symptom, PLUS! Lung can't get enough oxygen, and it wouldn't take only 3-4 days to recover.

On the news, fully vaccinated rate in Japan is about the same as the US now, which is around 52-53%. The UK is still far ahead at almost 65% right now.
Japan was around 5% in early June, while the US and UK was at 42-43% at the time.

Another interesting information from Our World in Data site is the "reproduction rate".
Japan is currently at around 0.62, UK 0.91, US. 1.03, Australia 1.17
It is a kind of low here. Australia 1.17 is surprisingly high to me. Why?
I though lock down over there is very strict compare to here in Japan. Japanese's constitution won't let government enforce any kind of force lockdown. All they can do is asking for cooperation, and that is all.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 09-16-2021 at 08:14 PM.
09-16-2021, 07:11 PM   #1497
Pentaxian

I was listening to CBC on the drive home from work and heard both moron and Kenny finally slightly smartened up
Well, at least it's something. Moe is being pretty bitter towards the vaccine refusers.
The vaccine mandate actually starts on October 1st, so he is being nice enough to give the hesitant time to get smart.
09-16-2021, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #1498
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
Japan is currently at around 0.62, UK 0.91, US. 1.03, Australia 1.17
It is a kind of low here. Australia 1.17 is surprisingly high to me. Why?
We have extensive outbreaks in our two largest cities, unfortunately. We're in lockdown. The R value is remaining above 1 because enough people are not complying this time with lockdown/curfew/masks. A sizable minority is not getting tested when sick - one guy in his twenties died in his own home. Clearly he'd been ill for some time but didn't act on it.

It's not just his death, it's about who of his social set with a similar mentality did he infect that are 'out there' somewhere?
09-16-2021, 08:14 PM   #1499
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Orkland still in level 4 with 11 new cases today.
Every chance this could hop out of Orkland and into the rest of the country with places of potential transmission outside Orkland.
We're Level 2 with levels to be reviewed Monday.
09-16-2021, 08:28 PM   #1500
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Got vaccinated today. Anyone??

Thank you, no.